IGNORED

XM Status Page...

Curt Vendel

• 3 weeks later...

Well, it's been a while. Any further updates to be had? Just curious about the latest goings on with this project. Like others, I'm really looking forward to it coming out and the rash of game releases that will hopefully come soon after!

I think the XM is done... I just ordered mine. The Legacy site showed there were units available. I'm pumped to get mine!

Well, it's been a while. Any further updates to be had? Just curious about the latest goings on with this project. Like others, I'm really looking forward to it coming out and the rash of game releases that will hopefully come soon after!

I think the XM is done... I just ordered mine. The Legacy site showed there were units available. I'm pumped to get mine!

Unfortunately that doesn't mean anything. It's actually been that way since the preorder phase started a year ago. It's still a preorder until noted here otherwise.

<br />
<br />
<br />Well, it's been a while. Any further updates to be had? Just curious about the latest goings on with this project. Like others, I'm really looking forward to it coming out and the rash of game releases that will hopefully come soon after!<br />
<br /><br /><br /><br />I think the XM is done... I just ordered mine. The Legacy site showed there were units available. I'm pumped to get mine!<br />
<br />Unfortunately that doesn't mean anything.  It's actually been that way since the preorder phase started a year ago.  It's still a preorder until noted <a href='http://www.atarimuseum.com/videogames/consoles/7800/expansion/' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>here</a> otherwise.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

But everything is already processed - awwwwww don't tell me that!!!

say it aint so!!

Cuuuuuuuurt!!!!!

say it aint so!!

Cuuuuuuuurt!!!!!

Last I heard, my XM is shipping on the 15th, so I'm assuming that the next batch(es) will be shipping soon after.

say it aint so!!

Cuuuuuuuurt!!!!!

Last I heard, my XM is shipping on the 15th...

mine as well...I am hopeful that it is still shipping this week, as I haven't heard otherwise. That said, I understand fully the complexity of this project and will continue to be patient as long as is needed.

The only thing I am certain of, is that when I do receive it, I am sure I will be more than happy with having waited for it!!!

<br />
<br />
<br />But everything is already processed - awwwwww don't tell me that!!!<br /><br />say it aint so!!<br /><br />Cuuuuuuuurt!!!!!<br />
<br /><br />Last I heard, my XM is shipping on the 15th...<br />
<br /><br />mine as well...I am hopeful that it is still shipping this week, as I haven't heard otherwise.  That said, I understand fully the complexity of this project and will continue to be patient as long as is needed.<br /><br />The only thing I am certain of, is that when I do receive it, I am sure I will be more than happy with having waited for it!!!<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I just got notification that mine shipped!!

BOO YA!

Hey guys, I know I ask a lot of what ifs, but the expansion port... what kind of stuff can it be used for in theory? Could it be a video out port for component or hdmi? Maybe usb adapter for flash drives or network games? I bought a 32x in the day and maybe this is the worst possible outcome for kids who got too many legos for Christmas, but I get giggles when I think about add-ons for my add-ons and using my game consoles to form Voltron.

If you look at this image of the PCB :-

http://www.atarimuseum.com/videogames/consoles/7800/expansion/PCboards-27JUN11.JPG

You have a SIO connector top right to access the A8 peripherals (software required).

There is a 15 way connector to the right and below the SIO for keyboard like peripherals (software required).

The device bottom right isn't externally connected but is a PIA for tinkering purposes (software/hardware required).

All signals to the CPLD are available externally for tinkering purposes (software/hardware required).

I'm happy to wait as long as it takes :)

I'm not. Frankly, I'm wishing more people would lend to a sense of urgency to get this done as well. I've sat quietly and patiently since ordering last year, but I'm growing weary of one projected shipping date after another being missed. Sep 15 was the last I was aware of, and it too has now come and gone.

I'm very glad that more improvements have been made to the design in the past year, but it's about time these things were finalized and shipped out.

yeah, i refuse to order one. its after september 15 and they havent come out and gave an explanation as to why they missed this date now. no release dates on a game or games. the picture of it looked really great. but i cant see buying something that may or may not come out.

(Sigh)... Could you stop pollute this thread if you are not interested in this project?

• Like 4

I'm happy to wait as long as it takes :)

I'm not. Frankly, I'm wishing more people would lend to a sense of urgency to get this done as well. I've sat quietly and patiently since ordering last year, but I'm growing weary of one projected shipping date after another being missed. Sep 15 was the last I was aware of, and it too has now come and gone.

I'm very glad that more improvements have been made to the design in the past year, but it's about time these things were finalized and shipped out.

I’m still happy to wait as long as it takes this is a hobby project done out of love not for money. I’m sure Curt is working as fast as he can and I don’t want him working so fast that he gets ill. When I placed my order I knew it was a hobby project and that it might take some time. I’m just glad that Curt and the others involved in the project have put so much of there free time into it to bring it to us and do not want it rushed. Its not like its some life saving machine were waiting on, its just not that big a deal to me if it takes longer. :)

• Like 1

I don't think an "all pile on" strategy will be helpful at this time. As Curt said back in July you can cancel your order if you aren't happy. Just follow the instructions here.

I'm sure that if all the XM team members were charging for their R&D time at commercial rates and not working on the XM in their free time it probably would have come out sooner. However, going down that route I suspect that it would have been at least 5 times the price and therefore out of reach for everybody except a few hardcore collectors.

• Like 4

I don't think an "all pile on" strategy will be helpful at this time. As Curt said back in July you can cancel your order if you aren't happy. Just follow the instructions here.

I'm sure that if all the XM team members were charging for their R&D time at commercial rates and not working on the XM in their free time it probably would have come out sooner. However, going down that route I suspect that it would have been at least 5 times the price and therefore out of reach for everybody except a few hardcore collectors.

I'm sure it'll be on ebay by some of the members here trying to hock it for quadruple it's original sale point within days of it's actual release. I'd like to know what the production run is going to be and I think this amount should be stated upfront to the community so we all know how many are going to be out there. Are we talking only a handful (<20?) or a nice amount to help actually keep prices stable for a while to let people have time to buy one at original price? (say 200+?) If only a few of these things are going to see the light of day, I'm sorry to say that it'll quicky be out of reach for most of us anyway.