IGNORED

XM Status Page...

Curt Vendel

Cartridge Guide testing ---

OKay, right now going through 2600 games for compatibility - will be posting a testing video tomorrow on the status page, but what I need from everyone is a list of:

What games don't fit into the 7800, I need to check the new cartridge guides to make sure that those carts that didn't fit, now do.... Please post a list of games that were too tight to fit into the 7800's....

All Hardware is done, now its down to compatibility and functional control of features with BIOS --- Mark (Groovybee) has hardware on its way to him in the UK....

Will try to be more pro-active and start posting weekly updates, these will probably be a mix of photo's and short video clips... Sorry to have kept everyone in the dark, will be more communicative going forward.

Curt

post-23-0-68723100-1317675058_thumb.jpg

Edited by Curt Vendel
  • Like 6

Thanks, Curt!

Cool stuff -- can't wait for this.

OKay, right now going through 2600 games for compatibility - will be posting a testing video tomorrow on the status page, but what I need from everyone is a list of:

What games don't fit into the 7800, I need to check the new cartridge guides to make sure that those carts that didn't fight, now do.... Please post a list of games that were too tight to fit into the 7800's....

All Hardware is done, now its down to compatibility and functional control of features with BIOS --- Mark (Groovybee) has hardware on its way to him in the UK....

Will try to be more pro-active and start posting weekly updates, these will probably be a mix of photo's and short video clips... Sorry to have kept everyone in the dark, will be more communicative going forward.

Curt

But lets be honest... the XM will be awesome. But at the end of the day, you really aren't going to get anything out of it that'll blow your mind until the homebrewers dev something that will take advantage of the upgrade. Bottom line, the XM isn't going to make E.T. any better. High score saving is cool though...

Just trying to be relaxed about this whole project. I shelled out my $100 and feel that it's my membership into Curt's fan club. That's worth something to me...

New homebrew development will be nice, the high score feature is nice, but what I'm really looking forward to is (don't laugh) being able to play Tigervision games without having to switch consoles.

• Like 1

What games don't fit into the 7800, I need to check the new cartridge guides to make sure that those carts that didn't fit, now do.... Please post a list of games that were too tight to fit into the 7800's....

Curt

I don't have every Atari 2600 game release or a game from every Atari 2600 publisher.

What I can tell you is I have problems Imagic titles fitting in my Atari 7800 or getting them to work. The 7800 model I own is a later model of the system since I got an Atari 7800 as a Christmas gift in 1989.

I don't know if Robot Tank or Space Shuttle works Atari 7800, but they don't work on some 7800 system to my understanding and Tigervision carts don't fit at all.

Edited by 8th lutz

Kool-Aid Man was always a bit tight/finicky in my 7800. Haven't checked it recently.

I'd agree and add that m-network games in general are a bit funky sometimes...it seems to be hit or miss with those.

Also, I would add Tooth Protectors and Boing to the list. Also, Spectravision / Spectravideo games are tough sometimes.

There is already a Pokey mod'd version called "Pokey Kong" - I'm not sure if it could be hacked enough to add in the hooks for High Scoring, that may be tough to do.

SO ANYWAY.... I think the fireballs on the last level of donkey kong look like chickens.

Think we'll get some HSC compatibility with Donkey?

There is already a Pokey mod'd version called "Pokey Kong" - I'm not sure if it could be hacked enough to add in the hooks for High Scoring, that may be tough to do.

SO ANYWAY.... I think the fireballs on the last level of donkey kong look like chickens.

Think we'll get some HSC compatibility with Donkey?

I've seriously considered it, but doing the sound was difficult enough with no source code to work with. I'll reconsider adding HSC compatibility if a good debugger ever gets released.

That was awesome! Thanks Curt!

In regards to the Cuttle Cart, Has any of the other guys tested theirs for you? I know it sounds crazy, but I have 3 copies of Berzerk and all work on my 2600. Of those, only 1 works on either of my 7800s. Just wondering if your particular CC hates the XM. It wouldn't be the first time an Atari cart played favorites amongst the systems for seemingly no reason.

The XM looks awesome!

No - its a compatibility issue directly with the multicart and the XM. I'm not having a problem with my 2600 multicart you can see in some of the images on sitting on the desk near the 7800.... my own 2600 multicart is not having problems, so its something to do with the additional address lines, plus making sure that the onboard XM HSC shuts off when it see's the CC2 plugged in, also the onboard pokey will neeed to shut off as well, but that's gonna be a minor conflict because the onboard pokey will always either have to shut off when it see's the CC2 or it stays on and you have to manually go into the BIOS and shut it off only if your CC2 has a pokey installed in it. I don't know how many people actually installed a pokey into their CC2's I haven't had any problems with Berzerk on my 7800 - I'm testing with a 1984 version with the side expansion port on it, seems the most compatible - Robot Tank, and Space Shuttle both work on it, and both work with the XM as well.

That was awesome! Thanks Curt!

In regards to the Cuttle Cart, Has any of the other guys tested theirs for you? I know it sounds crazy, but I have 3 copies of Berzerk and all work on my 2600. Of those, only 1 works on either of my 7800s. Just wondering if your particular CC hates the XM. It wouldn't be the first time an Atari cart played favorites amongst the systems for seemingly no reason.

The XM looks awesome!