IGNORED

XM Status Page...

Curt Vendel

Well after reading this thread it seems there is ALOT of pissed off people, some very patient people and a half dozen or so blinded sheep who would accept spit off the street as nectar from a god even if punched in the back of the head while they licked it up. Crazy stuff but an intresting read none the less.

Well, I certainly hope I am not considered in the third category ;) I am being very patient (as many are) and I hope for the best. But if it turns out sour it will be something that I will handle *much* differently.

• Like 1

Curt,

The complainers around here may be LOUD, but they are far out numbered by the level headed folks who are patiently waiting for you to finish this project. Please don't let them discourage you. You are doing great work and there are hundreds of people here who appreciate it. Sergio has already cost us Pacmanplus. Don't let him drive you off. He's just a troll.

Tep392

• Like 1

It's a shame that there's always a few that can ruin a good thing.

I've been watching this thread and have seen how much hard work Curt has put into this project and has made every effort possible to make this as perfect as he can. I for one don't have a problem with delays when I know it's going to be a top notch product once it reaches my doorstep.

Thanks Curt!!

Curt,

I think it's understandable that you're feeling shat upon and unappreciated by a select minority. That's a terrible reception for someone who has done so much to keep this hobby alive and well. Just know that your work and efforts are definitely appreciated, and we're excited about receiving this labor of love when it's ready. Maybe the majority of voices who support what you're doing and support it wholeheartedly will allow you to consider another direct project like this in the future. I'd be pretty pissed at the troublemakers around here if they kept you from bringing more of these great projects to the world. Let us know how we can help and support you.

• Like 1

Alright. enough is enough. This time, two strikes, you're out.

MODERATORS: just ban this dude. Sorry, Sermajic- first Bob, now Curt.... you're out dude! :thumbsdown:

This is just nonsense. There are enough of us that love and support this hobby that we just don't need this.

-Chris

I wish you would post this twice so I could +1 more than once

• Like 1

Alright. enough is enough. This time, two strikes, you're out.

MODERATORS: just ban this dude. Sorry, Sermajic- first Bob, now Curt.... you're out dude! :thumbsdown:

This is just nonsense. There are enough of us that love and support this hobby that we just don't need this.

-Chris

yes

let`s ban this dude!!

i don`t think like him!

so he`s out

Hold on just a second guys...

I understand that Curt is doing something good for the community. BUT, if you pay money for anything you would at least expect some kind of answer as to what is going on with your order after nearly TEN months. Come on now. I placed my order in Sept of 2010, and I was fully aware that this could take some time. But I have emailed Legacy just to simply enquire about the money I had paid them and what is going on with my order.... and receive absolutely no reply at all. I have to work on the words of a few people here and how they have "faith" in the project? I need something better than that. A simple answer from the *company* I send my money over to would definitely be a more solid answer to my question.

Again (as I have said before) I do not think that Curt is trying to screw anyone, but the lack of communication with his *customers* (people that actually paid for this) is extremely concerning. I ended up sending an email through Legacy's site once again, now simply requesting a refund. I have no other choice at this point. Somehow I am not expecting a response on this either, and that is a troubling thing.

Maybe I am wrong on this and I really hope that I am. But all I am asking as a customer that has pre-paid for a product is that I get some kind of personal answer as to the status. It is not so hard to simply email a reply and say "not done yet"...just to let me know someone over at Legacy Engineering is still alive, is it?

EDIT: Curt responded to me and is issuing a refund via check by mail. SOrry again that it had to come to this, but it was at least good to receive a reply.

Edited by eightbit
  • Like 2

Curt,

The complainers around here may be LOUD, but they are far out numbered by the level headed folks who are patiently waiting for you to finish this project. Please don't let them discourage you. You are doing great work and there are hundreds of people here who appreciate it. Sergio has already cost us Pacmanplus. Don't let him drive you off. He's just a troll.

Tep392

Pacmanplus is not out yet, just wait

and this troll only responded here to questions of many people

with his experience with curt as a seller

never said he designed bad products,

was dishonest, nor a bad person

just replied with facts

• Like 1

I understand that Curt is doing something good for the community. BUT, if you pay money for anything you would at least expect some kind of answer as to what is going on with your order after nearly TEN months. Come on now. I placed my order in Sept of 2010, and I was fully aware that this could take some time. But I have emailed Legacy just to simply enquire about the money I had paid them and what is going on with my order.... and receive absolutely no reply at all. I have to work on the words of a few people here and how they have "faith" in the project? I need something better than that. A simple answer from the *company* I send my money over to would definitely be a more solid answer to my question.

Again (as I have said before) I do not think that Curt is trying to screw anyone, but the lack of communication with his *customers* (people that actually paid for this) is extremely concerning. I ended up sending an email through Legacy's site once again, now simply requesting a refund. I have no other choice at this point. Somehow I am not expecting a response on this either, and that is a troubling thing.

This is a hobby project and I'm pretty sure Curt is busy with his real life job btw. I don't know how many people preordred the XM but let say 100. I don't think he will have the time to personally answer everyone. Instead what he is doing is updating the XM status page frequently since the debut of the project. So this is his way to communicate with all his customers in an efficient way.

Edited by DarthCloud
  • Like 1

Maybe I am wrong on this and I really hope that I am. But all I am asking as a customer that has pre-paid for a product is that I get some kind of personal answer as to the status. It is not so hard to simply email a reply and say "not done yet"...just to let me know someone over at Legacy Engineering is still alive, is it?

my point

i don't care if those joystick were stolen by the mail guys or lost 2 and a half years ago, shit happens...

bought them again,

end of story

but it`s not cool not receiving answers and being told from Curt`s "friends" the same happened to lots of people

Curt,

Tep392

Pacmanplus is not out yet, just wait

and this troll only responded here to questions of many people

with his experience with curt as a seller

never said he designed bad products,

was dishonest, nor a bad person

just replied with facts

OK we all got it, now go troll somewhere else...

This is a hobby project and I'm pretty sure Curt is busy with his real life job btw. I don't know how many people preordred the XM but let say 100. I don't think he will have the time to personally answer everyone. Instead what he is doing is updating the XM status page frequently since the debut of the project. So this is his way to communicate with all his customers in an efficient way.

an automated email response is enough, it takes 20 seconds, and shows respect for your customers

the same with the FB2 thing , "i don`t know " was enough for many of us, again 10 seconds

Edited by sermajic

an automated email response is enough, it takes 20 seconds, and shows respect for your customers

Curt already said he's exchanged multiple e-mails with you. What more do you want from him?

At this point, I'd have to agree with the others: Just go away! Please! You're one of the most destructive people I've ever seen on these boards. You do nothing but anger the most productive and creative members we have, driving them away from their projects and spoiling things for the rest of us.

• Like 2

the same with the FB2 thing , "i don`t know " was enough for many of us, again 10 seconds

I don't need an automated email answer to see Curt respect for it's customer.

Just seeing how much he cared about finding the right company to manufactured a nameplate just like the original Atari is enough.

He is working hard to make the product perfect in every aspect either the look of the case, the hardware and the software.

THAT's a proof of respect for his customer. I wish Sony and Microsoft has the same respect for their customer when they designed their own stuff....

Curt already said he's exchanged multiple e-mails with you. What more do you want from him?

At this point, I'd have to agree with the others: just go away. Please. You're one of the most destructive people I've seen on these boards, pissing in everybody's pool by getting productive people angry and driving them away from their projects.

2 and a half years later , and only because i answered here to somebody`s

• Like 1

Just seeing how much he cared about finding the right company to manufactured a nameplate just like the original Atari is enough.

He is working hard to make the product perfect in every aspect either the look of the case, the hardware and the software.

THAT's a proof of respect for his customer. I wish Sony and Microsoft has the same respect for their customer when they designed their own stuff....

that`s respect for the final product ,

certainly not for you

Edited by sermajic

Curt,

I don't care how long it takes to complete the Atari 7800 XM as long as the quality of the product is good.

nobody cares how long it takes,

that`s not really the point here

Curt answered you multiple times out of these forums. You done enough damage to the wonderful forums of Atariage for a week.

Edited by 8th lutz
  • Like 1

that`s respect for the final product ,

certainly not for you

OK you are just retard. You are wasting everyone time and effort...