IGNORED

Atari 2600 box for sale

Allan

For sale:

Nice shape box for Atari 2600 six switch. Plus I will throw in a 2600 controller box.

Boxes only.

Plus I will throw in an Activision Bridge cart and box (no instructions) and an unopened Swordquest Earthworld. (box partly crushed)

All for $30 plus shipping.

Reduced to $20.

Allan

post-187-12947860003_thumb.jpg

post-187-129478603819_thumb.jpg

post-187-129478606421_thumb.jpg

post-187-129478608733_thumb.jpg

post-187-129478612562_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Still for sale. Reduced to $20. Don't make me use this to ship a Commodore 64 in.

Allan

I'm looking for one with the serial number 82184354 on it.

:D

Would you like that in pen, magic marker, crayon, pencil, or painted with a brush? I can do it with a spray gun for extra. :D

Allan

• 4 weeks later...

Aye, I take it it's not $20 shipped then. I'd still be interested if shipping wasn't TOO much, I wouldn't think it would be too much for an empty re-boxed box sent Parcel post.???

Please don't take this as sarcasm but how much stuff have you shipped through the Post Office lately? It is expensive to ship large stuff (small stuff as well). If I shipped the 2600 box in another box to say California it would be over $20 just for Parcel Post. That means I would be paying money to sell it. That doesn't make much sense to me.

Allan

Aye, I take it it's not $20 shipped then. I'd still be interested if shipping wasn't TOO much, I wouldn't think it would be too much for an empty re-boxed box sent Parcel post.???

Please don't take this as sarcasm but how much stuff have you shipped through the Post Office lately? It is expensive to ship large stuff (small stuff as well). If I shipped the 2600 box in another box to say California it would be over $20 just for Parcel Post. That means I would be paying money to sell it. That doesn't make much sense to me.

Allan

Actually, I ship stuff out all the time, because I sell a lot on a different non-computer-related site. Prices certainly have gone up a lot lately. They charge by weight first, then charge extra for over a certain size (they call it "balloon"). I was just making a general statement that I probably shouldn't have made without knowing the weight and dimensions of said box, sorry about that. So...

From Hartford, CT (just random east coast) to me in Milwaukee, it comes to $16.94 Parcel Post, IF it's 36x18x10 and 8 pounds. For example. If it could be packed smaller than that, it could cost less. I'm thinking I overestimated on the size, not sure though. Of course, if it was opened and flattened, then sandwiched between cardboard, perhaps it could be even less (without that extra stuff of course). Sometimes we need to get creative shipping things, so long as it's safe. Lots of people pack things like bicycle handlebars in some bubblewrap then wrap really tight in tape. Costs about half as much to ship as it does if it's boxed.

Either way, If you post up the approximate packed dimensions and weight, then it's easy for anyone to figure out about how much it should cost to ship it to them ahead of time without asking. This is what I always do right off the bat, so people can figure it up themselves and these conversations don't have to happen, or potential buyers don't have to guess.

I never said how much I'd be willing to pay total, and I don't know how much anyone else is willing to pay, obviously. But what it always comes down to is how much is something worth to the buyer total, shipping included. If it ends up costing you $17 to ship it out, and it's worth a total of $27 to someone (just a random number) then you've made $10. Maybe a sale like that ends up being worth your time, maybe it isn't, but we all know that's the reality.

It would be a shame to see that get scrapped, at any rate.

EDIT: I experimented with 36x24x1", assuming it was flattened, and it's still $16.94 from there to Milwaukee (for example). So, in this case, it doesn't change the cost at all, unless it's smaller than I'm guessing. Oh well. A lot of times that works though, to pack creatively to get the size down, but not always.

EDIT2: FedEx Home Delivery is $12.48 at 36x24x1, 4lbs, same start and end points. Again, exact weight/size would make all this guessing moot.

And please don't take any of this as anything but trying to help. Good luck with your sale. And sorry again for the generic comment I shouldn't have made.

• Like 2

Allan

Actually, I ship stuff out all the time, because I sell a lot on a different non-computer-related site. Prices certainly have gone up a lot lately. They charge by weight first, then charge extra for over a certain size (they call it "balloon"). I was just making a general statement that I probably shouldn't have made without knowing the weight and dimensions of said box, sorry about that. So...

From Hartford, CT (just random east coast) to me in Milwaukee, it comes to $16.94 Parcel Post, IF it's 36x18x10 and 8 pounds. For example. If it could be packed smaller than that, it could cost less. I'm thinking I overestimated on the size, not sure though. Of course, if it was opened and flattened, then sandwiched between cardboard, perhaps it could be even less (without that extra stuff of course). Sometimes we need to get creative shipping things, so long as it's safe. Lots of people pack things like bicycle handlebars in some bubblewrap then wrap really tight in tape. Costs about half as much to ship as it does if it's boxed.

Either way, If you post up the approximate packed dimensions and weight, then it's easy for anyone to figure out about how much it should cost to ship it to them ahead of time without asking. This is what I always do right off the bat, so people can figure it up themselves and these conversations don't have to happen, or potential buyers don't have to guess.

I never said how much I'd be willing to pay total, and I don't know how much anyone else is willing to pay, obviously. But what it always comes down to is how much is something worth to the buyer total, shipping included. If it ends up costing you $17 to ship it out, and it's worth a total of $27 to someone (just a random number) then you've made $10. Maybe a sale like that ends up being worth your time, maybe it isn't, but we all know that's the reality.

It would be a shame to see that get scrapped, at any rate.

EDIT: I experimented with 36x24x1", assuming it was flattened, and it's still $16.94 from there to Milwaukee (for example). So, in this case, it doesn't change the cost at all, unless it's smaller than I'm guessing. Oh well. A lot of times that works though, to pack creatively to get the size down, but not always.

EDIT2: FedEx Home Delivery is $12.48 at 36x24x1, 4lbs, same start and end points. Again, exact weight/size would make all this guessing moot.

And please don't take any of this as anything but trying to help. Good luck with your sale. And sorry again for the generic comment I shouldn't have made.

No sweat. Thanks for the input. It's going to good home now. I honestly would have had a hard time throwing it out. Even though I'm not into the 2600 as much as the 5200 and 7800, I still hate to see the stuff get lost. I even have a hard time turning away from 2600 stuff when I see it in the wild. I have to drag myself away.

Allan

Yay! That was really my only fear, that it might be tossed. I was willing to pay to save it if need be, but glad it's saved now.

I feel the same way... I used to always pick up commons, even like Asteroids and Combats if they were cheap enough. I don't do that anymore, but I also don't see them in the wild anymore too often!

:thumbsup:

• Like 2