IGNORED

ADAMEm/SDL 1.8 released

Geoff Oltmans

1 hour ago, Geoff Oltmans said:

In this archive is the application itself, and the SDL2 framework. The .framework needs to be copied over to the /Library/Frameworks folder before launching.

Let me know how it works!

Seems to be working! It wouldn't launch when I copied the SDL2 framework to /Library/Frameworks (security issue) but I was able to get it to work by installing the framework in my user ~/Library/Frameworks folder instead.

I can't test thoroughly test right now but I was able to get it to boot a few different .dsk images without issue. Full screen worked too! A couple of issues I did notice so far:

• The names of the mounted disk images don't show up in the menu
  • Mounting to anything other than disk 1 or tape 1 doesn't seem to work

Thanks for developing this! ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, joltguy said:

Seems to be working! It wouldn't launch when I copied the SDL2 framework to /Library/Frameworks (security issue) but I was able to get it to work by installing the framework in my user ~/Library/Frameworks folder instead.

I can't test thoroughly test right now but I was able to get it to boot a few different .dsk images without issue. Full screen worked too! A couple of issues I did notice so far:

• The names of the mounted disk images don't show up in the menu
  • Mounting to anything other than disk 1 or tape 1 doesn't seem to work

Thanks for developing this! ?

Good to hear! Yeah, there's bound to be some issues in there. Most of the preferences menu requires you to save the changes and then relaunch the application to take effect, so bear that in mind.

• 2 years later...

Hi @Geoff Oltmans,

I was able to download a current version of your emulator from James's adamarchive.org site and this one works perfectly on my Linux Mint 20.1 system:

ADAMem SDL v2.1g Linux (2023) (Geoff Oltmans).zip

I'd like to know if the source is available for this more recent version as I'd like to try to compile it for use on my Raspberry Pi 4 (ARM).

Thank you!

On 3/3/2023 at 6:57 PM, mr_gw454 said:

Hi @Geoff Oltmans,

I was able to download a current version of your emulator from James's adamarchive.org site and this one works perfectly on my Linux Mint 20.1 system:

ADAMem SDL v2.1g Linux (2023) (Geoff Oltmans).zip

I'd like to know if the source is available for this more recent version as I'd like to try to compile it for use on my Raspberry Pi 4 (ARM).

Thank you!

Not yet. I want to clean up a few things before I let loose the floodgates. :)

• Like 1

• 6 months later...