IGNORED

A sealed NES Stadium Events is Up for sale again

Rev

Well the whole thing about this being an R10 is kinda bogus now. Since that highly publicized one sold, many have suddenly surfaced. The past year has seen five NTSC ones, so R10? Really? Sounds more like what happened with Motorodeo and Ikari Warrior for the 2600.

I doubt he can top $10k on this one.

Well the whole thing about this being an R10 is kinda bogus now. Since that highly publicized one sold, many have suddenly surfaced. The past year has seen five NTSC ones, so R10? Really? Sounds more like what happened with Motorodeo and Ikari Warrior for the 2600.

There are about 10 known CIBs, you really trying to compare that to Ikari and MR? Seriously?

There are about 10 known CIBs, you really trying to compare that to Ikari and MR? Seriously?

:D

This game SUCKS! I own the same thing complete in box for nes, but its pal! Sells for like $2......I can play it in my top loader and the game sucks! You can buy a repro from Joe over at Thenesdump.com for $25 or something like that..go with a repro..who gives a flying F#$% about a box....? Reprint your own box...then you saved yourself 30 thow and some time.....

This auction shouldnt even see what he is asking...good luck though!

I'm not the kind to pay big bucks for a game anyway. If I really love the game I might be willing to pay its original price, but I'm surely not going to pay $10k for anything NES related anytime soon. I'm glad there are people out there that will, but I can't see why.

As far as the R10 conversation is concerned you are saying there have been 5 sold in the last year. Thats still pretty freaking rare.

No I am not... I was just stating that it was akin to them... simply an analogy I would use for anything that was thought to be rare and it is found out that it is not as rare as people thought.

More of these carts are appearing all the time... in two years I bet there are 20 or 30 CIB... and the price will keep dropping the more that are found.

As far as the R10 conversation is concerned you are saying there have been 5 sold in the last year. Thats still pretty freaking rare.

Yes it is pretty freaking rare... but when people were claiming at first that only one NIB was known to exist and four CIB. Then another NIB or CIB shows up to disprove the statement... then another and another... now there are 10 CIB? At what point does an R10 become and R9? ...or an R7 and R6?

With most of my platforms, an R10 is something that pops up once every year or so. Not five or six times a year. For example, the Vectrex Minestorm II cartridge. You are lucky to see it pop up once every year or so... R10 as opposed to a CIB Vectrex 3D Narrow Escape that shows up every few months... R8.

So if a CIB or NIB NTSC Stadium Events has started popping up in the same frequency as that, at what time do collectors start to say "Hey, maybe it isn't quite so rare." ?

The max I would pay for that is around 10$, since I could get the EXACT same game as that for that price. I think its pointless, unless it is either a perfect game or its completely original.

I feel the same way about BMX Airmaster. If an NTSC Atari version showed up on ebay, how many collectors would trip over themselves spending god knows what trying to win it while I sit back, playing my nice R4 TNT version :D

It's not as rare as people think, there's just a certain mystique around it for some damn reason. I personally have always found it stupid, it's just a variant when it comes down to it, or, rather, the later release is a variant of it. The World Games version is about as rare, but no one really cares about it. Just dumb, this isn't that special to me. If I saw one for a decent amount, I'd probably get it, but a price like this is best reserved for something like Video Life. I have the same problem with Myriad 6-in-1 for the NES. Just Caltron, it's a variant, and not even one worth bothering over. Caltron is way cooler.

Is this different from the last US sealed Stadium Events that was for sale a while back? Didn't that sell for $41,000 or something? Why is this not rare and as valuable!?

since then , everyone's been checking their attics for rare games, that's why there have been so many on sale recently.

Is this different from the last US sealed Stadium Events that was for sale a while back? Didn't that sell for $41,000 or something? Why is this not rare and as valuable!?

since then , everyone's been checking their attics for rare games, that's why there have been so many on sale recently.

They should be looking for boxed Air Raids ;)

It's crazy the system that promotes what's worth a lot and what isn't.

I could get a car for the price of this plastic and cart.

No offense, but something is seriously wrong with you, and you need to get a new hobby/fascination if you are willing to shell out that much money on plastic and a 25 year old piece of electronic that's really only worth a few bucks.

• Like 1

Yeah but have there been an other Sealed Stadium Events that have gone for significantly cheaper?

What is a CIB Stadium Events worth vs a sealed Stadium Events?

It's not as rare as people think, there's just a certain mystique around it for some damn reason. I personally have always found it stupid, it's just a variant when it comes down to it, or, rather, the later release is a variant of it. The World Games version is about as rare, but no one really cares about it. Just dumb, this isn't that special to me. If I saw one for a decent amount, I'd probably get it, but a price like this is best reserved for something like Video Life. I have the same problem with Myriad 6-in-1 for the NES. Just Caltron, it's a variant, and not even one worth bothering over. Caltron is way cooler.

I'm pretty sure this game didn't get super rare until later on. For a while, I think you could even buy it at Funcoland, albeit for a higher than average price. But, a few sold on ebay (ca. 2002) for a higher-than-normal price, some research was done by people on the net, and suddenly it became popular knowledge that the game was bought by Nintendo and rebranded. So, in theory, there aren't many of the original Bandai carts out there.

It's not that different than what happened to Tengen Tetris. It was pulled from the shelves, so people assumed it's rare... and it kind of is, but not to the extent that some would have you think.