IGNORED

A sealed NES Stadium Events is Up for sale again

Rev

That's one of the things about "big" items like this. Though most collectors have come of age and have more money, they don't have THAT much money to be blowing on a game they'd have to later find someone equally insane enough to purchase. Let's see if they pay this time, if not, calling this a record is moot. I think, realistically, this is more like a $2000-5000 item.

I think stan is right ever since that famous auction with the nintendo and 5 games one being a stadium events complete they seem to have been popping up there is one on sale now for 6 grand. I think they are not worth that much and by the hype the price is driven up. No normal person may consider this item but some collectors buy for the rarest of items. I too am waiting to see it relisted. Here is the auction for proof.

Here it is....... eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2207085269401?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=220708526940&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I think stan is right ever since that famous auction with the nintendo and 5 games one being a stadium events complete they seem to have been popping up there is one on sale now for 6 grand. I think they are not worth that much and by the hype the price is driven up. No normal person may consider this item but some collectors buy for the rarest of items. I too am waiting to see it relisted. Here is the auction for proof.

Here it is....... eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2207085269401?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=220708526940&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

No box, no glory.

The factory shrinkwrapped part carries a lot of weight - i.e., $ - for certain NES collectors.

Opened, this title is worth a lot less and even more so without a box.

No box, no glory.

The factory shrinkwrapped part carries a lot of weight - i.e., $ - for certain NES collectors.

Opened, this title is worth a lot less and even more so without a box.

how many copies of this game have surfaced in the last few years?

I never got into sealing myself, I think it's pointless. If you have one game like this that you could MAYBE sell for a lot more down the road, maybe, but otherwise they're so worthless to me since playing the games is also key to collecting them, at least in my eyes. Plus, though an NA member named Bronty made an excellent attempt at displaying how you can tell whether a seal is real or not, it's still very, very possible to make a fake. For all you know that is just a Stadium Events box, and inside a Mario Duck Hunt and a letter saying fuck you.

• 2 weeks later...

$22k<$31k. This makes Atari the undisputed King of Consoles!

Except for that sealed Stadium Events that sold for $4Xk.

The seller admitted to never having received his money ;)

The seller was a non collector ,claiming hardship and they never relisted it. The seller refused to reply to collectors who later asked about it......Hmm.

I think this was done to back out of paying ending fees OR someone paid more than the highest bidder after the auction ended. Either way the seller has reason not to talk about it.

• 1 month later...