IGNORED

A sealed NES Stadium Events is Up for sale again

Rev

It's crazy the system that promotes what's worth a lot and what isn't.

I could get a car for the price of this plastic and cart.

No offense, but something is seriously wrong with you, and you need to get a new hobby/fascination if you are willing to shell out that much money on plastic and a 25 year old piece of electronic that's really only worth a few bucks.

And for the price of your car, I could buy a house. A decent one, too, where I live, post-housing bubble collapse. So, value is relative to a number of factors. If someone wants to take $30k and buy a house, or a car, or a video game, that's that person's business.

• Like 3

Is this different from the last US sealed Stadium Events that was for sale a while back? Didn't that sell for $41,000 or something? Why is this not rare and as valuable!?

since then , everyone's been checking their attics for rare games, that's why there have been so many on sale recently.

They should be looking for boxed Air Raids ;)

look no further than cpuwiz's basement. :ponder: :D

this is already at 5200 the first day?

were the other ones sealed or just CIB?

Edited by revolutionika

It's crazy the system that promotes what's worth a lot and what isn't.

I could get a car for the price of this plastic and cart.

No offense, but something is seriously wrong with you, and you need to get a new hobby/fascination if you are willing to shell out that much money on plastic and a 25 year old piece of electronic that's really only worth a few bucks.

And for the price of your car, I could buy a house. A decent one, too, where I live, post-housing bubble collapse. So, value is relative to a number of factors. If someone wants to take $30k and buy a house, or a car, or a video game, that's that person's business.

Well if my brother or a close friend was going to do it, I'd do everything to convince them to not spend the money. Unless they believe the investment will make a profit over time, which I did not consider when making my original post.

Is this different from the last US sealed Stadium Events that was for sale a while back? Didn't that sell for $41,000 or something? Why is this not rare and as valuable!?

since then , everyone's been checking their attics for rare games, that's why there have been so many on sale recently.

They should be looking for boxed Air Raids ;)

look no further than cpuwiz's basement. :ponder: :D

this is already at 5200 the first day?

were the other ones sealed or just CIB?

Yah, but he burns the boxes just for fun in his spare time :)

I agree with what you guys mentioned earlier. Once that original one sold then alot of others popped up. And I agree with the rarest of rare games coming up once a year as opposed to a few times a year. I heard its not that awesome of a game. I will say that I agree that while is a nice chunk of change. Its Your business what your money is spent on. I dont think its as rare as the once said I saw it come up a few times last year when I followed it after that whole 14,000 deal and after that it just came up time and time again. And I couldnt figure out why it is so rare when I have yet to see a couple of the jaguar games go up on ebay.

I agree with what you guys mentioned earlier. Once that original one sold then alot of others popped up. And I agree with the rarest of rare games coming up once a year as opposed to a few times a year. I heard its not that awesome of a game. I will say that I agree that while is a nice chunk of change. Its Your business what your money is spent on. I dont think its as rare as the once said I saw it come up a few times last year when I followed it after that whole 14,000 deal and after that it just came up time and time again. And I couldnt figure out why it is so rare when I have yet to see a couple of the jaguar games go up on ebay.

It's rare relative to the demand side. The NES is the most popular classic system to collect for. The Atari 2600 ironically has a ton of games that come to mind much, much rarer then Stadium Events. Karate (Ultravision), Video Life, Atlantis II, Pepsi Invaders, Air Raid, Birthdaymania, Gamma Attack, and even River Patrol. They just don't get the $10,000 price tag because the demand side is not as much.

It's rare relative to the demand side. The NES is the most popular classic system to collect for. The Atari 2600 ironically has a ton of games that come to mind much, much rarer then Stadium Events. Karate (Ultravision), Video Life, Atlantis II, Pepsi Invaders, Air Raid, Birthdaymania, Gamma Attack, and even River Patrol. They just don't get the $10,000 price tag because the demand side is not as much.

Very true. As a Tandy coco collector, I was watching an auction for very very rare Anteco carts that NEVER show up on ebay. First ones ever actually. A lot of 3 only went for $305 IIRC because there are so few coco collectors relative to other systems.

Edited by AtariLeaf

Consider that when something sells for a really high price, if there are more out there, they usually come out of the woodwork. It's a released NES game. Even if recalled, there are thousands out there. Nevertheless, the few changing hands will add to the perception that there are more available than we can expect to see in the following years.

Perhaps someone can quantify rarity by production runs. This is a semantic argument until cold hard numbers are available. Does anyone ever check company annual repports and SEC filings from the time? I wonder if those include sales in units year by year.

Edited by ianoid

WHOEVER PURCHASES THIS GAME PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE PAYMENT IS MADE

Just wonderin if he is gonna make me use a paypal gift option to pay for this.....?

/**ThinViewJs**/ var ifr = function() {}; ifr.browserDetect = function() {this.bFirefox = this.bWebTV = this.bOpera = this.bNav = this.bIE = this.bSafari =this.bWin = this.bMac = this.bMacppc = this.bMactel =this.bWinXp = this.bXpSp2 = this.bAOL = this.bVista = false;this.iVer = this.fVer = -1;this.fMinorVer = 0;this.init = function() {var nv = navigator, agt = nv.userAgent.toLowerCase(), i = 0, ver;with (this){if (agt.indexOf('webtv') != -1){bWebTV = true;i = agt.indexOf('webtv/') + 6;}else if (agt.indexOf('firefox') != -1){bFirefox = true;i = agt.lastIndexOf('firefox') + 8;}else if (agt.indexOf('safari') != -1){bSafari = true;i = agt.lastIndexOf('safari') + 7;}else if(typeof(window.opera)!='undefined'){bOpera = true;i = agt.lastIndexOf('opera') + 6;}else if (nv.appName == 'Netscape'){bNav = true;i = agt.lastIndexOf('/') + 1;}else if (agt.indexOf('msie') != -1){bIE = true;i = agt.indexOf('msie') + 4;if ((agt.indexOf('aol') != -1) || (agt.indexOf('america online') != -1))bAOL = true;}ver = bOpera?window.opera.version():agt.substring(i);iVer = parseInt(ver);fVer = parseFloat(ver);fMinorVer = fVer - iVer;bWin = (agt.indexOf('win') != -1);bWinXp = (bWin && (agt.indexOf('windows nt 5.1') != -1));bVista = (bWin && (agt.indexOf('windows nt 6.0') != -1));bXpSp2 = (bWinXp && (agt.indexOf('sv1') != -1));bMac = (agt.indexOf('mac') != -1);bMacppc = (bMac && ((agt.indexOf('ppc') != -1) || (agt.indexOf('powerpc') != -1)));bMactel = (bMac && (agt.indexOf('intel') != -1));}}this.init();return this;}var oCl = ifr.browserDetect();if (oCl.bFirefox) { ifr.init(1); } ifr.addLoadEvent = function(func) { var oldonload = window.onload;if (typeof window.onload != 'function') {window.onload = func;}else {window.onload = function() {if (oldonload) {oldonload();}func();}}};ifr.addLoadEvent( function() { ifr.init(2); } ); ifr.init = function(callerId) {var lastInitCall = '';var bSafari = oCl.bSafari;var bFirefox = oCl.bFirefox;var iVer = oCl.iVer;var bWin = oCl.bWin;var cTime = new Date().getTime();if (!window.bError) {var el = new Date().getSeconds();var lt = (el - window.bl);}if (typeof(clientErrorLog) !== 'undefined') {if (lt > clientErrorThresholdTime) {ifr.process(lt);}}if (((callerId !== 2) && (lastInitCall !== '') && ((cTime-lastInitCall) < 2000)) || (bSafari && (callerId == 1))) {return;}lastInitCall = cTime;var a = document.links;for (i=0; i 32000)) {h = 32000;}rv[0] += h;rv[1] += w;return rv;};ifr.resizeIt = function(callerId) {var oCl = ifr.browserDetect();var size = ifr.getSize();if (size) {if (!oCl.bSafari) {parent.resizeFrame(size);}ifr.setData(size, callerId);};}

• Like 1

Just wonderin if he is gonna make me use a paypal gift option to pay for this.....?

/**ThinViewJs**/ var ifr = function() {}; ifr.browserDetect = function() {this.bFirefox = this.bWebTV = this.bOpera = this.bNav = this.bIE = this.bSafari =this.bWin = this.bMac = this.bMacppc = this.bMactel =this.bWinXp = this.bXpSp2 = this.bAOL = this.bVista = false;this.iVer = this.fVer = -1;this.fMinorVer = 0;this.init = function() {var nv = navigator, agt = nv.userAgent.toLowerCase(), i = 0, ver;with (this){if (agt.indexOf('webtv') != -1){bWebTV = true;i = agt.indexOf('webtv/') + 6;}else if (agt.indexOf('firefox') != -1){bFirefox = true;i = agt.lastIndexOf('firefox') + 8;}else if (agt.indexOf('safari') != -1){bSafari = true;i = agt.lastIndexOf('safari') + 7;}else if(typeof(window.opera)!='undefined'){bOpera = true;i = agt.lastIndexOf('opera') + 6;}else if (nv.appName == 'Netscape'){bNav = true;i = agt.lastIndexOf('/') + 1;}else if (agt.indexOf('msie') != -1){bIE = true;i = agt.indexOf('msie') + 4;if ((agt.indexOf('aol') != -1) || (agt.indexOf('america online') != -1))bAOL = true;}ver = bOpera?window.opera.version():agt.substring(i);iVer = parseInt(ver);fVer = parseFloat(ver);fMinorVer = fVer - iVer;bWin = (agt.indexOf('win') != -1);bWinXp = (bWin && (agt.indexOf('windows nt 5.1') != -1));bVista = (bWin && (agt.indexOf('windows nt 6.0') != -1));bXpSp2 = (bWinXp && (agt.indexOf('sv1') != -1));bMac = (agt.indexOf('mac') != -1);bMacppc = (bMac && ((agt.indexOf('ppc') != -1) || (agt.indexOf('powerpc') != -1)));bMactel = (bMac && (agt.indexOf('intel') != -1));}}this.init();return this;}var oCl = ifr.browserDetect();if (oCl.bFirefox) { ifr.init(1); } ifr.addLoadEvent = function(func) { var oldonload = window.onload;if (typeof window.onload != 'function') {window.onload = func;}else {window.onload = function() {if (oldonload) {oldonload();}func();}}};ifr.addLoadEvent( function() { ifr.init(2); } ); ifr.init = function(callerId) {var lastInitCall = '';var bSafari = oCl.bSafari;var bFirefox = oCl.bFirefox;var iVer = oCl.iVer;var bWin = oCl.bWin;var cTime = new Date().getTime();if (!window.bError) {var el = new Date().getSeconds();var lt = (el - window.bl);}if (typeof(clientErrorLog) !== 'undefined') {if (lt > clientErrorThresholdTime) {ifr.process(lt);}}if (((callerId !== 2) && (lastInitCall !== '') && ((cTime-lastInitCall) < 2000)) || (bSafari && (callerId == 1))) {return;}lastInitCall = cTime;var a = document.links;for (i=0; i 32000)) {h = 32000;}rv[0] += h;rv[1] += w;return rv;};ifr.resizeIt = function(callerId) {var oCl = ifr.browserDetect();var size = ifr.getSize();if (size) {if (!oCl.bSafari) {parent.resizeFrame(size);}ifr.setData(size, callerId);};}

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! I been hacked!!!!! Aaaaaaaaaaaaa! *falls over dead*

the lady selling this game is over on nintendo age, here is what she said on how she got this game. very interesting. :lust:

she paid .25 for a sealed stadium events. :|

My link

- Long story short I am an ebayer and my daughter was home from college and I was at a yard sale that had 500 plus games all in boxes for 25 cents each, I am looking more for antiques so i bought 5 games and went home, I gave them to my daughter to look up and she told me the ones I bought would sell for about $20,00 each so I high taled it back to the sale and bought the rest for $50.00 and have been selling them ever since, I will not go through them and pick titles to sell I take about 5 a week and this was her lucky week, hoping for tuition money for her, my reserve is quite a bit less than 30k on person hit it right on the head.

Is that because we are smart or because we are poor? :ponder:

Stadium Events might not be an R10 compared with Atari 2600 games but it is compared with NES games. It is also by far the rarest game licensed by Nintendo. When looking at it as a sealed game there are what 5? Unlike Atari collectors there are several who JUST collect sealed and they carry a larger premium over complete than Atari games do.

You don't want a game to be too rare or people will discredit and dismiss it. Just as Ax has done above with Stadium Events. Even on the Atari side the 1 of a kinds and rarest of the rare are often dismissed because people are trying to finish collections off not admit that it just isn't possible.

I consider the Color Dreams Chiller and AGCI Wally Bear carts to be the rarest of all the NES games. They are so rare in fact that most collectors do not count them and many have never heard of them. The most common statement for them not counting towards a complete collection is that there aren't more of them.

I'll gladly pay $1000 or trade 1:1 for a Stadium Events cart if anyone here has either one.

chiller-cb.jpg

wallybear.jpg

Stadium Events might not be an R10 compared with Atari 2600 games but it is compared with NES games. It is also by far the rarest game licensed by Nintendo. When looking at it as a sealed game there are what 5? Unlike Atari collectors there are several who JUST collect sealed and they carry a larger premium over complete than Atari games do.

You don't want a game to be too rare or people will discredit and dismiss it. Just as Ax has done above with Stadium Events. Even on the Atari side the 1 of a kinds and rarest of the rare are often dismissed because people are trying to finish collections off not admit that it just isn't possible.

I find it interesting that some atari collectors choose to discredit/dismiss games on the basis that they are THAT rare that they will never find/afford the particular title.

Why does Ax consider taht Air Raid is not necessary for a complete collection?

Is it because its a hack? If that's the case, then label variations should be out first. Companies such as Froggo, and Panda should also be out, along with Atlantis 2, Pepsi invaders and almost half the current games in the ntsc database.

Is it because it was never releassed in the US? The picture of the box makes it pretty clear that it was sold in US retail stores.

/**ThinViewJs**/ var ifr = function() {}; ifr.browserDetect = function() {this.bFirefox = this.bWebTV = this.bOpera = this.bNav = this.bIE = this.bSafari =this.bWin = this.bMac = this.bMacppc = this.bMactel =this.bWinXp = this.bXpSp2 = this.bAOL = this.bVista = false;this.iVer = this.fVer = -1;this.fMinorVer = 0;this.init = function() {var nv = navigator, agt = nv.userAgent.toLowerCase(), i = 0, ver;with (this){if (agt.indexOf('webtv') != -1){bWebTV = true;i = agt.indexOf('webtv/') + 6;}else if (agt.indexOf('firefox') != -1){bFirefox = true;i = agt.lastIndexOf('firefox') + 8;}else if (agt.indexOf('safari') != -1){bSafari = true;i = agt.lastIndexOf('safari') + 7;}else if(typeof(window.opera)!='undefined'){bOpera = true;i = agt.lastIndexOf('opera') + 6;}else if (nv.appName == 'Netscape'){bNav = true;i = agt.lastIndexOf('/') + 1;}else if (agt.indexOf('msie') != -1){bIE = true;i = agt.indexOf('msie') + 4;if ((agt.indexOf('aol') != -1) || (agt.indexOf('america online') != -1))bAOL = true;}ver = bOpera?window.opera.version():agt.substring(i);iVer = parseInt(ver);fVer = parseFloat(ver);fMinorVer = fVer - iVer;bWin = (agt.indexOf('win') != -1);bWinXp = (bWin && (agt.indexOf('windows nt 5.1') != -1));bVista = (bWin && (agt.indexOf('windows nt 6.0') != -1));bXpSp2 = (bWinXp && (agt.indexOf('sv1') != -1));bMac = (agt.indexOf('mac') != -1);bMacppc = (bMac && ((agt.indexOf('ppc') != -1) || (agt.indexOf('powerpc') != -1)));bMactel = (bMac && (agt.indexOf('intel') != -1));}}this.init();return this;}var oCl = ifr.browserDetect();if (oCl.bFirefox) { ifr.init(1); } ifr.addLoadEvent = function(func) { var oldonload = window.onload;if (typeof window.onload != 'function') {window.onload = func;}else {window.onload = function() {if (oldonload) {oldonload();}func();}}};ifr.addLoadEvent( function() { ifr.init(2); } ); ifr.init = function(callerId) {var lastInitCall = '';var bSafari = oCl.bSafari;var bFirefox = oCl.bFirefox;var iVer = oCl.iVer;var bWin = oCl.bWin;var cTime = new Date().getTime();if (!window.bError) {var el = new Date().getSeconds();var lt = (el - window.bl);}if (typeof(clientErrorLog) !== 'undefined') {if (lt > clientErrorThresholdTime) {ifr.process(lt);}}if (((callerId !== 2) && (lastInitCall !== '') && ((cTime-lastInitCall)

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! I been hacked!!!!! Aaaaaaaaaaaaa! *falls over dead*

Odd Java script.

http://www.thinview.com/faq.htm

:ponder:

@Adam: Nobody can finish a Atari 2600 collection, period, not even Wonder007. I think that doesn't have anything to do with it.