IGNORED

What are reputation points?

Scootiecat

Hope this is the right place to post this... What are reputation points and are they good or bad? I'm asking because I got one and I don't know why.

Also, how do you edit your location and get the extra comments that a lot of people have on the sides of their posts? I searched everywhere in editing my profile and settings, etc. and couldn't find anything.

Thanks!

• Like 10

Hope this is the right place to post this... What are reputation points and are they good or bad? I'm asking because I got one and I don't know why.

Also, how do you edit your location and get the extra comments that a lot of people have on the sides of their posts? I searched everywhere in editing my profile and settings, etc. and couldn't find anything.

Thanks!

OK, do you see the little green + symbol? If you hit that you can give anyone a rep point. You are allowed to give up to 25 rep points in a day so you can give pretty liberally if you wanted to. As far as the other thing go to the top of the page. You will see your name. Hit the arrow facing down. Out will pop a list of options. Hit "My Profile". Once you do that hit "Edit Profile". After that hit "Change Signature". Once you do that you'll have it made. :)

Edit: Just thought about it, and it appears you are asking about changing what is said underneath member names. For that go to "My Profile". Then go to "Edit my Profile", then scroll down on that page to where it says profile information. It will have a long white box with the title "Member Profile" Then type what you want on that as your text.

Edited by homerwannabee
  • Like 7

I'm talking about about what you have in the right of your post, not your signature. I know how to do sigs. For example, how did you get your location to be highdesert and your title or whatever to be D'oh Level? Thanks.

• Like 6

I'm talking about about what you have in the right of your post, not your signature. I know how to do sigs. For example, how did you get your location to be highdesert and your title or whatever to be D'oh Level? Thanks.

Go to "My Profile". Then go to "Edit my Profile", then scroll down on that page to where it says profile information. It will have a long white box with the title "Member Profile" Then type what you want on that as your title.

• Like 8

Once you get 1,000 rep points, Albert will send you a bicycle for your daughter. If you don't have a daughter, he'll send you a photo of William Shatner for an extra 1,000 rep points.

But what about car repairs and computer repairs and the constant moving of locations that always seem to be happening? How many rep points does it take to fix those?

• Like 6

Once you get 1,000 rep points, Albert will send you a bicycle for your daughter. If you don't have a daughter, he'll send you a photo of William Shatner for an extra 1,000 rep points.

And both of those are better than the autographed pic of Back in '89, which is what you get if you get on Albert's bad side.

1L52F.png

-B

• Like 5

Scootiecat, there is a place in your profile where you can set your Location. As far as "D'oh level", that's a custom ranking that I think only subscribers, moderators, and possibly people with 5000 or more posts can change. Otherwise, your ranking description (below the row of joystick icons) is pre-programmed, depending on how many posts you have. However, at the top of some members' profiles is a Custom Status message (such as my "Syzygyst") that you can also set in your profile.

P.S. on my screen all that profile info appears to the left of each post. Are you mixed up, or is your display different for some reason?

• Like 4

Scootiecat, there is a place in your profile where you can set your Location. As far as "D'oh level", that's a custom ranking that I think only subscribers, moderators, and possibly people with 5000 or more posts can change. Otherwise, your ranking description (below the row of joystick icons) is pre-programmed, depending on how many posts you have. However, at the top of some members' profiles is a Custom Status message (such as my "Syzygyst") that you can also set in your profile.

P.S. on my screen all that profile info appears to the left of each post. Are you mixed up, or is your display different for some reason?

Was I saying it appears on the right of the post? I must've been really confused from the insomnia and migraines.

Where in your profile can you set your location and custom status message? I searched and searched and can't find it anywhere.

• Like 2