IGNORED

Sunrise Games For Sale

jblenkle

Luc could you post a pic of the front and back of the 5 games please.

It would be incredible if these are NTSC, but I assume they are PAL. I would want the boxes to be in English.

They are the silver box variety. AFAIK there is nothing to differentiate between NTSC and PAL boxes and carts, i.e. they are one and the same. The boxes I bought from Italy (@ ~US$25 each including shipping) seem to be the same as Max is selling.

It would be incredible if these are NTSC, but I assume they are PAL. I would want the boxes to be in English.

They are the silver box variety. AFAIK there is nothing to differentiate between NTSC and PAL boxes and carts, i.e. they are one and the same. The boxes I bought from Italy (@ ~US$25 each including shipping) seem to be the same as Max is selling.

They are silver boxes in the picture from the link I posted. On that thread there is a link to another thread. General consensus between the old threads is that he wanted too much for them.

I think the guy probably got them all for very, very little money and has already made all his initial investment back.

I would like to have the 5 in yellow boxes. I have Campaign '84 and Gust Buster in yellow boxes. I have been told there is not a Mountain King in a yellow box. Anyone have a yellow boxed Mountain King?

They are silver boxes in the picture from the link I posted. On that thread there is a link to another thread. General consensus between the old threads is that he wanted too much for them.

I think the guy probably got them all for very, very little money and has already made all his initial investment back.

I would like to have the 5 in yellow boxes. I have Campaign '84 and Gust Buster in yellow boxes. I have been told there is not a Mountain King in a yellow box. Anyone have a yellow boxed Mountain King?

Mountain King was never release in "yellow" box

I have Gust Buster, Rolloverture and Campaign '84 in yellow boxes. Retroillucid has confirmed no Mountain King in yellow. Was Quest for Quintana Roo ever released in Yellow?

I have Gust Buster, Rolloverture and Campaign '84 in yellow boxes. Retroillucid has confirmed no Mountain King in yellow. Was Quest for Quintana Roo ever released in Yellow?

I was hoping more than 1 person would respond about weather or not there is a yellow Mountain King. Retroillucid has already told me there wasn't one in the past.

I don't think I have ever seen a yellow Rolloverture or Quest for Quintana Roo and would like this verified as well.

I was hoping more than 1 person would respond about weather or not there is a yellow Mountain King. Retroillucid has already told me there wasn't one in the past.

I don't think I have ever seen a yellow Rolloverture or Quest for Quintana Roo and would like this verified as well.

post-11933-129504908206_thumb.png

post-11933-129504910101_thumb.png

My doggy offered to make you one :D

yellow.jpg

AX

My doggy offered to make you one :D

yellow.jpg

AX

:rolling:

I'd definately like a yellow Quest for Quintana Roo. If only Max had some of the yellow ones......

i think he has only silver ones. Yellow is for NTSC ones?

AFAIK, the color of the box is not indicative of NTSC/PAL, but instead is about the release order of the games, with perhaps the yellow box releases first followed by the silver box. IIRC, Sunrise did not release any PAL versions of their titles.

Zwackery, I have nothing to back it up, but it's been discussed before-- I believe the Silver boxes were the original releases. I say that because those are the only ones I've come across with retail price tags from their time in the retail supply chain. I've not seen a yellow box with a reatialer's price tag on it from the mid-80's. Not much to go on, I know. :)

Zwackery, I have nothing to back it up, but it's been discussed before-- I believe the Silver boxes were the original releases. I say that because those are the only ones I've come across with retail price tags from their time in the retail supply chain. I've not seen a yellow box with a reatialer's price tag on it from the mid-80's. Not much to go on, I know. :)

My gut tells me that the silver boxes may have come first - something about the quality of the yellow boxes seems a lot less, and I'm still curious as to why no yellow Mountain King box exists - but given the discussions before, nobody really seems to know for sure. The retail price tags might provide a clue. I think that if some magazine advertisements could be found, and dated, this might be another piece of the puzzle. The lateness of these releases coupled with the crash just makes it murky for now. I wish I had a collection of classic gaming mags to do some sleuthing on this.

My gut tells me that the silver boxes may have come first - something about the quality of the yellow boxes seems a lot less, and I'm still curious as to why no yellow Mountain King box exists - but given the discussions before, nobody really seems to know for sure. The retail price tags might provide a clue. I think that if some magazine advertisements could be found, and dated, this might be another piece of the puzzle. The lateness of these releases coupled with the crash just makes it murky for now. I wish I had a collection of classic gaming mags to do some sleuthing on this.

From what I know, the Silver Box may the boxes used for other system too, the Yellow box were the first releases.... I also recall that only Yellow box were available in my local stores back in the 80s .... except for their latest release: Mountain King

From what I know, the Silver Box may the boxes used for other system too, the Yellow box were the first releases.... I also recall that only Yellow box were available in my local stores back in the 80s .... except for their latest release: Mountain King

That is a really good point. The yellow boxes clearly identify themselves as being for the Colecovision, while the silver boxes are more generic, are used for multiple systems, and are distinguished by stickers applied to the front.

So, I went to look at the boxes I have. Mountain King (silver) has the Coleco sticker on the front, and the boilerplate on the back makes copyright references to Colecovision, Atari and Atari 5200, C64, IBM PC and PCjr. The yellow boxed games I have, which have Coleco printed on the front, only have the Coleco copyright boilerplate on the back. This makes me think that the yellow boxes came first.

Also, both my Mountain King (silver) and Quest for Quintana Roo (yellow) have Kaybee Toy Store price tags on the front, meaning that at least these were sold commercially.

That is a really good point. The yellow boxes clearly identify themselves as being for the Colecovision, while the silver boxes are more generic, are used for multiple systems, and are distinguished by stickers applied to the front.

So, I went to look at the boxes I have. Mountain King (silver) has the Coleco sticker on the front, and the boilerplate on the back makes copyright references to Colecovision, Atari and Atari 5200, C64, IBM PC and PCjr. The yellow boxed games I have, which have Coleco printed on the front, only have the Coleco copyright boilerplate on the back. This makes me think that the yellow boxes came first.

Also, both my Mountain King (silver) and Quest for Quintana Roo (yellow) have Kaybee Toy Store price tags on the front, meaning that at least these were sold commercially.

Yellow boxes were in fact the first released Sunrise titles, then later they did like almost every company were doing at time: Using generic boxes for all system (even Sierra did it among many others)

That's also why there's no Mountain King yellow box since this was their last game for CV (also with their unreleased Number Bumper)

Also, ALL Sunrise boxes (Both Yellow & Silver) were manufactured for the North American market

When Sunrise printed the Silver boxes, it was at the video game crash time.... so I'm pretty sure that's why this Italian guy got bunch of them now

Okay, I just got a reply from Max. Here is it, copy/pasted below. He didn't answer the most pressing question, namely about the prices. I have already asked him about that, and I will post his reply here as soon as I get it.

Hi Luc

thanks

as you see I was also in touch with Joe Blenkle that decided, as a favour to me, to start that thread

I have not the time to follow it or to sell the carts by myself, this the problem.

Some infos more

all carts are new, of course

all games - like you probably know - run on both PAL and NTSC consoles

games are silver boxes only

I got some weeks ago last inventory from the old italian importer.

All games (Mountain King for example ) come in group of 6, inside a small carton box branded Sunrise, a gift for real collectore.

All these small boxes come in group of 24 inside bigger carton boxes, also Sunrise branded.

On the big boxes I can still read that were shipped from the US summer 1984 for Italy.

I can sell now Sunrise games, then I will put for sale, from same source, a huge inventory of Arcadia Supercharger tapes for Atari 2600, included the cart adapter but also including all the necessary from Starpath to create new games. Infact the italian distributor got in 1982 all the equipment to made the "european" copies of the 12 games released, then Atari sales were already falling here because in Italy the market was 90% in favour of Intellivision...and also when Colecovision arrived in Italy we were all concentrated on C64 and Spectrum.

Then I will be also able to offer Parker games for Colecovision.

The reason I have to start with Sunrise is simple, I got this material all together and the space where located very small in my office, so cannot sell all together.

In the thread some mentioned Hyrulia on Ebay. This guy, in Milano like me, sold the cartridges he purchased to me, 20 approx.

this for yr. info and for the readers of the thread.

I am sorry one customer had to wait two months for the games, he is right, but I had long holidays this summer.

No problem for me, of course, to open the Sunrise boxes and prepare for you or for all people interested in, the "mix" he prefer, important is 6 the minimum carts order.

Of course I would appreciate if a store interested to all inventory but I contacted many in the US and UK, they told me Colecovision definitively dead... no comment.

I am also interested to trade these carts with some 8 and 16 bit games, if of my interest and complete in boxes, new or used not relevant.

have a nice Sunday and thanks for yr. kind comment on Ebay.

MAX

Okay, more info: Each game is 20 euros each. At current exchange rates, 20 euros is equal to 26.77$US, which I think is not too bad for a brand new CV game.

Now I'm only getting involved at this point because I'd like to help Max use his Sunrise carts to pay for his order of Team Pixelboy games. I'm willing to do the trade for Sunrise games if I know I won't stay stuck with them.

So let's set a collective target for ourselves: If I manage to collect orders for a total of 12 Sunrise games (two cases of 6 games) then I can ship my Team Pixelboy games to Max. We can put whatever games you guys collectively want in those 2 cases, and just for the heck of it, I'll pay for shipping from Italy to Canada out of my own pocket. So whatever game(s) you personally order, you will only pay for shipping between Canada and your location.

Just as a reminder, here's what Max has to offer (all silver boxes, all brand new, all 26.00$US each):

- Gust Buster

- Mountain King

- Quest For Quintana Roo

- Rolloverture

- Campaign '84

And remember, in purchasing one or more of these games, you're helping me sell my own Team Pixelboy games. ;)

Send me a PM if you're interested.

Edited by Pixelboy

I'm curious.... On their price tags, what's the price?

Mountain King was originally $19.99, marked down to $9.99. (The Kaybee code is 377374$6, but I don't know how to decode that.)

Quest for Quintana Roo (yellow box) was also originally $19.99, marked down to $9.99. (Kaybee code on this one is 377366$6.)