IGNORED

iPad + Crossfire = Coverfire HD

jbanes

There seem to be a lot of fans of the original Crossfire. Yet none of the clones (the few that there are) really capture the original. So I set out to create the best clone yet!

Coverfire HD captures the intensity, speed, and addictiveness of Crossfire. All with crisp graphics, edge of seat sound effects, and trace inducing music!

More info here: http://www.infinitesands.com

Would you believe that Crossfire was the first video game I ever played? I was five years old and my mother got our family a used PCjr. (Which I later realized had been upgraded to not suck quite so badly. ;)) It came with Links, Microsoft Flight Sim, and Crossfire! It seems kind of cruel now to let a 5 year old play such an insanely difficult game. Yet the game clearly left it's mark. And not at all a bad one!

I have a few promo codes to give out if anyone is interested. Just post here if you want one and I'll PM it to you. Remember that you need an iPad to play! Sorry, the iPhone and iPod will not work!

Enjoy everyone! :)

What players are saying:

"Coverfire is one of the most, if not the most intense, addictive, retro arcade experiences on the i-devices."

"I still keep coming back to this. Particularly, since I could be playing Aralon or World of Goo or some other blockbuster."

"There are times when you just feel like you're hitting every shot perfectly and are unstoppable. I love that."

"The more you play this game the better it gets and you begin to realise there are a lot of tactics to this game"

"I had to stop due to sweating and shaking uncontrollably. What a fantastic game."

"Like many early 80s video games, this one is all about surviving and getting a high score. I won't lie to you, there's not much more to it than that. And therein lies the beauty and the instant addiction."

Looks good! Hectic arcade-style action is always welcome!

Thanks Kripto! Let me know if you're interested in a promo code and I'll send one your way.

I see you are also iOS developer? I grabbed a copy of your game and checked it out. Nice work! I love pinball games. I'm surprised it hasn't gotten more attention. Do you have any plans for a Universal release?

Thanks!

I kind of got screwed over by Apple's rules and the fates as to a universal, HD version of Robot Party Pinball.

Instead, I'll release a multi-game collection, and that will address the issue+.

BTW- When 4.3 comes out, you may wish to release an ad-supported demo version of the game. it will help your sales and cash flow as that many customers are reluctant to drop ANY cash on a game to begin with, let alone without a demo.

I kind of got screwed over by Apple's rules and the fates as to a universal, HD version of Robot Party Pinball.

I'm sorry to hear that. I'll keep an eye out for your multi-game collection!

BTW- When 4.3 comes out, you may wish to release an ad-supported demo version of the game. it will help your sales and cash flow as that many customers are reluctant to drop ANY cash on a game to begin with, let alone without a demo.

Shhh! You're giving away the trade secrets! :ponder: Yeah, I am looking at an iAds supported version for the future. We'll see how it goes. :)

So, will you get caught up in it?

I can't speak for Apple's rules since I don't know what happened with Kripto. I can say that Coverfire HD follows the rules religiously and (AFAIK) does nothing they'll yell at me for. The game passed through approval without comment.

As for the game itself, I guarantee you'll get mired in it. The addiction is that strong. ;)

Don't believe me? Take one of the promo codes below and find out. Please remember that Coverfire HD is iPad only.

MATWPAFNWX9N

XNMWF7PEWK66

7YEHJHYLLMJ7

XPMRK7LWYAFR

P3WPTRAEJNXK

(If you take a code, please post here to let people know which one you took. Thanks!)

Edited by jbanes

This should run fine on my Newton Message Pad, right?

:)

Absolutely! Why, I once ran it on a furby! :ponder: :D

BTW, where are all the new high scores, guys? I thought you guys ate hardcore games for breakfast! Don't let a measly 19,000 points stop you!

Maybe the thought of real hardcore arcade gaming on their iPad scares them. That's probably it, yeah. Come on you wimps, buy a real game for a change.

Nah. AtariAge wouldn't wimp out on me. Would they? :twisted:

@Howling - Nice of you to drop by! There are some great people here, so if you like classic gaming, I highly recommend following this site! :)

@Jess - Cute. It's too bad there were never commercials for the computer game itself. :(

BTW, there's a high score contest going on now. You can win some cool prizes! Details and official rules can be found at http://www.infinitesands.com.

Hey, I'd play your game if you had made it for the iPod Touch. The iPad is well out of my price range!

Fair 'nuff. I wish I could release it for the iPod Touch, but between the single-screen action and the need for large controls, it just can't fit on the small screen. (That is, "fit" without your big thumbs getting in the way. Not "fit" in terms of pixels. ;))

That being said, I see posts from AtariAgers who used the promo codes. Which means it falls to them to defend AtariAge's honor! (Or somesuch. :P)