IGNORED

New Packaging/Labels for Common Carts

Brian O

These look amazing! Just a couple of things... Donkey Kong says "saver" instead of "save" on the back, and why are the chalice and the dragon green and orange instead of yellow? :)

Thanks, pinball22. I'll fix the Donkey Kong version. As far as the Adventure boxes go, I wasn't sure what colors to use. The yellow against the black is very bright. I wound up choosing a somewhat lighter version of the green used for the walls for the Chalice, and the orange of the actual game box for the dragon. Somewhat arbitrary, but there's only so many colors I can choose from w/ the 2600 :)

-B

I'd be curious to see one in yellow... I'm sure it's very bright, but I think it would still look good. I think the Haunted House one is my favorite so far.

Yeah, I like that one, too. It's so incredibly simple. Amazing how two basic shapes convey eyes that are looking back in fear.

I'll try one in yellow tonight to see how it looks. Thanks!

-B

Many of us have the wonderful Harmony cartridge.

Unfortunately this cartridge doesn't have a box.

A similar design could be used to make a box for that cartridge.

I think Marc Oberhäuser of Freelancer Games could produce those (or other) boxes.

He already makes boxes (and cartridge holder inlay) for some AA store games.

• Like 1

Many of us have the wonderful Harmony cartridge.

Unfortunately this cartridge doesn't have a box.

A similar design could be used to make a box for that cartridge.

I think Marc Oberhäuser of Freelancer Games could produce those (or other) boxes.

He already makes boxes (and cartridge holder inlay) for some AA store games.

Hi Phil,

That's not a bad idea. Do you have Marc's contact info, so I can send him a email? I'm curious as to what the pricing for something like this would be. I am thinking that I may just start with the boxes. Most likely have a poll to see which 3 or 4 people would really like to see produced. I figure I'd probably do a small run of 25? Not really sure...

EDIT: No need to send address. I'll just shoot him an email through his Freelancer Games site.

Thanks,

-B

Brian O, I helped Albert out with research and pricing for some AA boxes a while back, and this could possibly done on a digital press, though you'd still have to spend the money for the die to be made. Let me know if I can help.

Thanks! PM sent.

It would be nice too if every homebrew sold by AA store has your design.

AA is now a big producer of VCS games and I think it deserves its own design, like Atari, Activision, Imagic...

Starting with yours :)

dBH3j.jpg

jNXH7.jpg

L.E.M. is a really fun game, and I highly recommend it.

-B

• Like 1

Not as pretty as my Photoshop comps, but getting there. Printed the Space Invaders box using the templates I found here. Was pretty hard to score, since the ink scrapes off the glossy photo paper when you bend it. I also didn't shore up the paper with card stock, so the box is a little warped. Oh, yeah, I had to tape the sides too. OK, it's nothing like my Photoshop comp, but it's still cool to hold a 3D version of the box in my hand :)

-B

post-27802-129549745603_thumb.jpg

post-27802-129549746495_thumb.jpg

post-27802-129549747196_thumb.jpg

post-27802-129549747976_thumb.jpg

Not as pretty as my Photoshop comps, but getting there. Printed the Space Invaders box using the templates I found here. Was pretty hard to score, since the ink scrapes off the glossy photo paper when you bend it. I also didn't shore up the paper with card stock, so the box is a little warped. Oh, yeah, I had to tape the sides too. OK, it's nothing like my Photoshop comp, but it's still cool to hold a 3D version of the box in my hand :)

-B

Very nice!!