IGNORED

Mentis Cohorts - Four Odyssey Games in One - Now taking orders

Rev. Rob

Just a long overdue update. This situation still has not been resolved. I dont like being ripped off....a warning to all...avoid this unprofessional person at all costs.

Wow, seriously? This hasn't been resolved yet?? I hadn't heard anything about it in so long, I figured you guys worked things out. :(

Sorry, this thread disturbed me...

I feel really bad about the delay. As I previously stated, I way under charged for shipping and didn't even break even on the production. Anyone can email me zadoc.paet at gmail or Facebook me. I just don't have the couple hundred to ship, at least not until my tax return comes in.

Well, making homebrew games is a hobby, not a job. It's not your customer's fault that they brought your game that you didn't deliver. Hey, the more you ignore this problem, the worse the people will think of you. You have 2 choices to make things better and ease the anxieties, you could just send the game or send the people's money back. You did mention that you have two jobs. Please, do the right thing. Try not to make any excuses. Also don't promise anything unless you're 100% sure you're going to fulfill that promise.

• Like 1

Sorry, this thread disturbed me...

Well, making homebrew games is a hobby, not a job. It's not your customer's fault that they brought your game that you didn't deliver. Hey, the more you ignore this problem, the worse the people will think of you. You have 2 choices to make things better and ease the anxieties, you could just send the game or send the people's money back. You did mention that you have two jobs. Please, do the right thing. Try not to make any excuses. Also don't promise anything unless you're 100% sure you're going to fulfill that promise.

I'm pretty sure Rob is loooooong gone :(

He's not coming back, I'm going to try and finish off my game. All I'm missing are the game pieces and the overlays. Each space on the game board is meant to hold a square inch tile. You can google something like "1 inch square tile black" and find some tile, but I'm going with a cheaper solution. Here are some options:

https://www.thegamec...arts/disc-black

https://www.thegamec...arts/disc-white

https://www.thegamec...arts/wink-black

https://www.thegamec...arts/wink-white

https://www.thegamec...parts/gem-black

https://www.thegamec...parts/gem-white

From what I can gather from the instructions there are 9 white and 9 black game pieces. I think the gems will work best. They also have a bag to hold all the pieces with: https://www.thegamec...bag-small-black. I'd offer to do a bulk buy, but my order with shipping was only $6.36.

There is a Computer Regular font that matches the Odyssey style, but it's $30. The checkbook font is free, and it's a pretty good match. If someone has the overlays and could either scan them or give me the dimensions, I can try to recreate them. I've found a transparency paper that works pretty well for screen overlays.

For the rest of the items, the instructions are provided in the OP. The game board is the most difficult to reproduce, it's 18"x18" I believe. It might take a little effort, but you can buy a quad-fold 18"x18" board for $10 here: https://community.th...th.../quad-fold And the alternative is I have a 13x19 printer, and it could be sort of recreated by taping two sheets together... The last item is the certificate of authenticity which is pretty hilarious at this point and will not need to be recreated. I'm considering framing mine:D

Edited by PsychedelicShaman

I believe my copy is complete, I can try and work with you to get the info needed for those who bought a copy what they need to have their sets as complete as possible.

I dont really want to post all the info publicly because I dont want to see someone go and try and make there own copies and go and put them on ebay or something...not that it would necessarily happen, but you never know.

I cant say I can do this all super quick, but I'll look into it as soon as time permits, this is such a horrible mark on the homebrew community :( very sad...

I never got my copy. And I do not think Rob will ever get us our game/pieces. Ive contacted him on facebook multiple times. First he told me he would send another copy and then basically started ignoring me. Sucks too because he post pics of his travels and talks about sushi he ate etc. You think a person that has the money to spend would at least try to make good on the game people bought from him.

• Like 1

I believe my copy is complete, I can try and work with you to get the info needed for those who bought a copy what they need to have their sets as complete as possible.

I dont really want to post all the info publicly because I dont want to see someone go and try and make there own copies and go and put them on ebay or something...not that it would necessarily happen, but you never know.

I cant say I can do this all super quick, but I'll look into it as soon as time permits, this is such a horrible mark on the homebrew community :( very sad...

I think it'd be sad if we don't try to fix it for ourselves if it can't be resolved otherwise. Sounds like you have a working plan! :)

• Like 1

Here is the game pieces and bag that I purchased from thegamecrafter.com on the actual game board. The gems are basically aquarium marbles. If you are looking for something more uniform, I would try the discs. All of this info is in my above post. Thanks!

7c10a25e-a8e1-455a-a804-b8425a0df33f_zpsc30eea99.jpg

Edited by PsychedelicShaman

• 2 years later...

Was anyone aware that these were being sold on ebay? Anyone who wants one there appear to be two different auctions. I purchased one a few days ago and it arrived complete with all pieces.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magnavox-Odyssey-game-Mentis-Cohorts-CIB-for-original-1972-Odyssey-Homebrew-/191746376912?hash=item2ca4f984d0:g:ioQAAOSw7hRWOqx-

Yeah, I had seen those.

I bought 1 of his new rereleases of odball with red vs blue included.

I will say he did ship right away, communicated and all was good.

I wasn't sure I wanted to endorse his posting the mentis copies on ebay after everything here, but if anyone is after 1, this is probably your 1 shot and he seems to be fulfilling his ebay orders good....

I won the listing, and was the only bidder. It arrived yesterday, everything looked very nice. All the contents seem to be present, too. Even the letter of introduction that among others thanks AtariAge members, lol.

The shipping was free, yet the shipping label on the package indicated it cost $11.55 to ship. So essentially, he sold a full copy of this for only $23.45. Good deal for an Odyssey homebrew, and very, very surprising considering the backstory of this endeavor. As far as I'm concerned this was a perfectly fine transaction!

I won the listing, and was the only bidder. It arrived yesterday, everything looked very nice. All the contents seem to be present, too. Even the letter of introduction that among others thanks AtariAge members, lol.

The shipping was free, yet the shipping label on the package indicated it cost $11.55 to ship. So essentially, he sold a full copy of this for only $23.45. Good deal for an Odyssey homebrew, and very, very surprising considering the backstory of this endeavor. As far as I'm concerned this was a perfectly fine transaction!

He still made a good amount of money. He probably sold my copy(which I never got) which he charged me $50 or something like that. So basically he charged two people for the same game. I don't even remember anymore what the original cost was. I said in other posts I would let this go but just the fact this guy has the balls to sell copies on ebay that members paid for an never received is s****y. But glad you got a copy Blazing Lazers whether it was mine or another members that Rob was supposed to get to us. At least a fellow AA member got a copy. I'm glad you had a "perfectly fine transaction!" as I and fellow members didn't.

Edited by Uppy