IGNORED

RMT Patch 6

analmux

Hi,

Here's again an RMT patch for those who'd like to do pokey music using the standard 64khz clocking but also would like to hear plain squarewave basses. It is a patch of RMT version 1.27.

Changes (w.r.t. unpatched RMT 1.27):

• Tables freqtabbasslo and freqtabbasshi are patched (all I did was multiplying each 16bit value with 15)

• The '16bit dist 6' instrument, which was really a generator C instrument, is now a generator A instrument

• I removed the blocking of the 1st channel, just to enable 16bit filter alike effects

The first example tune I added is just a plain 16bit dist A bass example

The second example tune I added is an attempt to tweak with the "16bit filter" feature, for sound variation purposes.

For the musicians:

• C & E basses are still there

• No sawtooth, triangle tables & no dist 2 @ 1.79Mhz tables

Have fun ;)

-------------------------------

...oh, and another note: This is the last RMT patch from my hand...

OK, I lied :D

Edited by analmux
  • Like 2

The 16 Bit Bass is a good idea. But this "Rant Music Tracker" denies any manipulations when using 16. It doesn't make sense to add 16 Bit "A" sounds, without the possibility of having the 16 bit resolution for manipulations. It simply sounds boring without it.

16 Bit portamento and 16 bit vibratos at 16 bit frequency resolution open new worlds ....

Yes, but it's already the problem with the standard (unpatched) 16bit bass. A 16bit portamento routine is needed for this, and it's not included in the tracker. I cannot patch it. The only way is doing it manually again, with a custom pitch envelope table.

I should add this to my list of "what-to-add" to the Hardsynth Tracker.

• 1 year later...

I've played a bit with that patched version, and realized, that the "new bass" sounds way better on "second" pair of voices (or is it only me?).

Here's my conversion of Flimbo's Quest (yes, that one that plays in Animal Party during game time) using that A--based bass.

Attached .xex and .rmt files.

Have fun! :)

flimbo-alt1.zip

The 16 bit bass needs the possbilities of vibrato, frequency portamento, and so on. It's not supported there.

To make clear: that is NOT because it is 'deactivated'. A new function would be needed to do all these vibrato etc. in 16-bit mode. New kinds of computations would be needed.

...by the way, now I remember what I did. Indeed only multiply all values with 15, in the 16bit table. The original was of course the GenC bass, in 16bit mode. The original table had some uncertainties / pitchtuning mistakes. I didn't correct these mistakes when making this patch.