IGNORED

RMT Patch 7

analmux

Hi,

Here's another patch of RMT for people who'd like to do pokey music using the standard 64khz clocking but also would like to hear the power of the clarinet instrument. It's again a patch of RMT version 1.27.

Changes (w.r.t. unpatched RMT 1.27):

• Tables freqtabbasslo and freqtabbasshi are patched

• I removed the blocking of the 1st channel, just to enable 16bit filter alike effects: it even needs to be played on channel 1 or 3

There's again an example tune, and this one really shows the powers of the 16bit filter in combination with 2nd channel turned on.

For the musicians:

• This is still compatible with plain 64khz mode

• C & E basses are still there

• As already mentioned: use it on channel 1 (or 3)

• Also turning on channel 2 (or 4) and distortion A will give a more powerful / fatter support (see test file)

Imagine: With this patch & a stereo pokey it's possible to have a "clarinet quartet"!!!

Have fun ;)

It's just a couple of test-tunes. You could adjust it according to your taste. That was the intention: you can edit all instruments, tempo, notes.

By the way, did you check it on the real machine? I'm curious whether it's caused by your PC, soundcard or Pokey lib.

Another comment: to hear the clarinet in tune1, it's enough to keep the instruments on channel 1 on constant volume instead, and turn off channel 2 (or wait till the last few steps of the loop).

Possibly I'll make some real machine tests & recordings later today, and post an mp3 here.

Edited by analmux

It's just a couple of test-tunes. You could adjust it according to your taste. That was the intention: you can edit all instruments, tempo, notes.

By the way, did you check it on the real machine? I'm curious whether it's caused by your PC, soundcard or Pokey lib.

Another comment: to hear the clarinet in tune1, it's enough to keep the instruments on channel 1 on constant volume instead, and turn off channel 2 (or wait till the last few steps of the loop).

Possibly I'll make some real machine tests & recordings later today, and post an mp3 here.

short replay: read my post above I mentioned "my XL" that was ment to say "on the real thing".

I will try it out again, but In neither of test tunes I can hear a clarinet. I will try to edit a track with using the actual instrument. Till now I just listend to the demo tracks called "Test*"

EDIT:

Maybe I understood teh purpose of the patched release.

I selected the "flute ch 1" and "flute ch 3" instruments, and made a simple melodie. In RMT it sounds like some POKEY-distortion. I made a XEX out it, and loaded it on my A8 and it sounded exactly the same :)

So, I guess my assuming that the instruments set AUDCTL is wrong. :(

Edited by Creature XL

Yes, this patch isn't aimed at other type of instruments. You can forget the flute. The flute was supposed to be triangle wave instrument originally, so made use of sawtooth table, only added in Patch 3 (&4).

OK, here are the files again, but this time stripped. I removed all unused instruments.

So, the zip-file contains stripped versions of test1.rmt and test2.rmt.