IGNORED

RKGAMES' ColecoVision Side Trak

newcoleco

I too have been waiting years for this game, and so far this looks good!

It's great that so many games that should have been released but never were now finally are.

Keep it up! Hopefully, my financial situation will improve soon, and I can actually buy a few of these homebrews!

I agree with retroillucid. I'm fully expecting the game rom to be freely available once the cartridges are sold to those who want a complete cartridge for their collection! It's always been a dream of mine to own a copy of side trak on cartridge, but i also want the coleco community to enjoy the game as well in rom form. All i ask is be patient, it will be worth the wait! I got some super cool bonus stuff planned for the game (including an arranged mode with new levels/backgrounds). I'm hoping to max out all the space i can in the rom.

• Like 7

Thanks for the update and your continued development of Side Trak!!!

Looks like we're gonna end up with a better game (almost 30 years after the fact) than what Coleco would have provided!!! Guess you can say that things happen for a reason sometimes.

Edited by NIAD

Hey everyone! Thanks for all the great support with the game! I have a BIG request for the group here! I've been playing the game on mame and simply can not finish a level, I got close a few times, what a hard game this really is!

If anyone is interested in video capturing a level complete screen from mame and post on youtube that would be awesome! i already have a nice little stage cleared screen but wanted to see if the arcade did something better?!

I made more progress last night! the game is getting there!

Russ sent me his first tries to ColecoVision programming years ago, and that's why I knew about this project. Starting this thread was my own initiative and I'm happy that it worked as I expected, with all the support and good words he needed to boost his motivation to continue and complete a ColecoVision game project. Please, subscribe to his Youtube channel as well.

As another surprise for him, I'm offering part of my free time for almost anything regarding this project. Based on what I've done last year, I'm pretty good to deal with music and sounds. I've also a great experience and knowledge that could by handy. But, I'm not gonna be involved for the programming part, that's his project not mine.

• Like 3

Daniel... did you get some new carts shells when Luc put the order in? I saw the light and dark pink ones that Luc used for his Team Pixelboy releases... and JF is using the steel grey shells for Lord of the Dungeon... I was wondering if you got any shells made in the batch?

Now.. back to Side Track, Russ... you can't go wrong with Daniel's help... he's awesome!

Daniel... did you get some new carts shells when Luc put the order in?

Only the clear casings I've used for GhostBlaster.

Now.. back to Side Track, Russ... you can't go wrong with Daniel's help... he's awesome!

I have already a suggestion for the game music, waiting for his approval to code it. (a long process, note by note in hex values)

Edited by newcoleco

I really think another color shell batch is waiting to happen. We should start a new thread for that. I'd be game for another 50 - 100 wacky colors myself. Would love to see this release in a special shell.

AX

Actually, I'd like to see it replicate the Coleco cart shell and label style as closely as possible like the box already will. This is just my personal preference to make it look as Coleco-ish as possible since this was one of their abandonware games and all.