IGNORED

RKGAMES' ColecoVision Side Trak

newcoleco

Understandable on this specific release. I love that it's a fan who was waiting for the game and took the initiative after a long long wait. (I still love color cases, and want more ;) )

AX

As soon as Smurf Challenge is released, you'll get two colors the the price of one :!:

ED: I should say everyone that buys it will... including yours truly. :D

Edited by NIAD

I suggest recycling commons and using original ColecoVision cases for the release. The box looks like an original Coleco release, and I bet one of the talented artist could design a label that looked like the original. Perhaps pboland would be willing to do the label art, he did a bunch of really nice looking labels in the past.

Hey everyone! Thanks for all the great support with the game! I have a BIG request for the group here! I've been playing the game on mame and simply can not finish a level, I got close a few times, what a hard game this really is!

If anyone is interested in video capturing a level complete screen from mame and post on youtube that would be awesome! i already have a nice little stage cleared screen but wanted to see if the arcade did something better?!

I've noticed that some people playing mame on youtube are using cheats in the videos. This helps me a lot in some games I might do that have a ton of levels and are hard to get to yourself. You might be able to find and use a cheat for side trak to end the level or give you lots of lives, that kind of thing.

Edit: ok I finished a level. It plays 1 annoying sound 3 times then goes into the spectacular "Bonus" screen pictured here

post-12593-129653301684_thumb.pngpost-12593-12965330273_thumb.png

Enemy train starts out faster on 2nd level.

Edited by riffraff

I suggest recycling commons and using original ColecoVision cases for the release. The box looks like an original Coleco release, and I bet one of the talented artist could design a label that looked like the original. Perhaps pboland would be willing to do the label art, he did a bunch of really nice looking labels in the past.

Oh, the label has been already made actually, and yes, it look like an original one :)

Hey everyone! Thanks for all the great support with the game! I have a BIG request for the group here! I've been playing the game on mame and simply can not finish a level, I got close a few times, what a hard game this really is!

If anyone is interested in video capturing a level complete screen from mame and post on youtube that would be awesome! i already have a nice little stage cleared screen but wanted to see if the arcade did something better?!

I've noticed that some people playing mame on youtube are using cheats in the videos. This helps me a lot in some games I might do that have a ton of levels and are hard to get to yourself. You might be able to find and use a cheat for side trak to end the level or give you lots of lives, that kind of thing.

Edit: ok I finished a level. It plays 1 annoying sound 3 times then goes into the spectacular "Bonus" screen pictured here

post-12593-129653301684_thumb.pngpost-12593-12965330273_thumb.png

Enemy train starts out faster on 2nd level.

Awesome! thanks for the help! I did not put the increased speed of the enemy train into consideration, but will now! good to know!! My stage clear screen is much nicer then :)

I really think another color shell batch is waiting to happen. We should start a new thread for that. I'd be game for another 50 - 100 wacky colors myself. Would love to see this release in a special shell.

AX

Actually, I'd like to see it replicate the Coleco cart shell and label style as closely as possible like the box already will. This is just my personal preference to make it look as Coleco-ish as possible since this was one of their abandonware games and all.

I think a color cart would be great too but I tend to agree with Niad here. The original Coleco abandonware aspect dictates an "official" release package.

Hello,

Some news (from my part),

Considering Commodore 64 ports of Commando and 1942 (arcade games), I've proposed to do exactly the same thing, to provide an incredible SID-like music for ColecoVision Side Trak, a catchy music based on a well-know rock music.

For those who doesn't know my work, I need days to code "sid-like" music for the ColecoVision, coding each note in hex values and tweaking their values little by little.

I've already coded the music, almost finished after 1 day.

If RK decide to not use the music, I will simply keep it for another project.

- Daniel Bienvenu
Edited by newcoleco

Hello,

Some news (from my part),

Considering Commodore 64 ports of Commando and 1942 (arcade games), I've proposed to do exactly the same thing, to provide an incredible SID-like music for ColecoVision Side Trak, a catchy music based on a well-know rock music.

For those who doesn't know my work, I need days to code "sid-like" music for the ColecoVision, coding each note in hex values and tweaking their values little by little.

I've already coded the music, almost finished after 1 day.

If RK decide to not use the music, I will simply keep it for another project.

- Daniel Bienvenu

Are we talking about "Crazy Train" by Ozzy Osbourne!!!! Now that would be incredibly cool.

Amazing work Dan, its does sound like sid music on the coleco, very cool! I'm cool with the song in the game is everyone else thinks its a good fit! I'm glad it slightly strays away from the original song to make it unique! Making some nice progress this week everyone! I'll hope to post a video on the weekend so keep watching my youtube channel!

Russ

• Like 1

No to complicate things, but throwing it out there for RK... Maybe use an original style music for the coleco-style release, and the Crazy Train for the 2nd version, make it a 'Limited edition' or something with the color case? Could help drive sales for both for collectors. :)

I guess I'm just looking from the "abandonware" perspective of "what would Coleco have done if they released the game" and looking at the authentic feel. That said, it's still your game, RK. Do as you see fit. :)

• Like 1

No to complicate things, but throwing it out there for RK... Maybe use an original style music for the coleco-style release, and the Crazy Train for the 2nd version, make it a 'Limited edition' or something with the color case? Could help drive sales for both for collectors. :)

I guess I'm just looking from the "abandonware" perspective of "what would Coleco have done if they released the game" and looking at the authentic feel. That said, it's still your game, RK. Do as you see fit. :)

I also like the authentic feel including cart and box etc.