IGNORED

Any recent emulators for Apple IIgs?

majinbuu

Hi

I am looking for an emulator for the IIgs for Windows 7. Does anyone know of any recent emulators for this machine?

The only one I could find was xgs32 but it seems very old, system requirements in the help file list Windows 2000/9x as the recommended OS. I would like to get to try this machine out since I've always wanted one but emulators are hard to come by.

Thanks

Sam

Hi

I am looking for an emulator for the IIgs for Windows 7. Does anyone know of any recent emulators for this machine?

The only one I could find was xgs32 but it seems very old, system requirements in the help file list Windows 2000/9x as the recommended OS. I would like to get to try this machine out since I've always wanted one but emulators are hard to come by.

Thanks

Sam

I've been running Sweet16 on Mac OSX - not sure if there's a Win7 version. I found out about that from the Retrobits Podcast's 3-part Apple 2 series of shows. You might DL the 3rd part of that series, I don't remember what other emulators he talked about but he did mention some for various platforms.

What makes KEGS "severely out of date"? The IIgs is severely out of date too, and it's still useful. KEGS has a native Win32 binary, and if that doesn't work for you it comes with source code. It should work just as well as it always has, which is quite well in my experience.

I'm not saying it doesn't work, but it does lack video filters and sound customization. Also seems to lack a full screen mode in windows.

However if you say it works well I will give it a fair go later on when I have more time.

I wasn't intending to put the emulator down. I don't like to attack any work people do to help others emulate old machines they will never physically own.