IGNORED

CBS Super Action Controller?

retroillucid

That must be a good question since nobody can anwser/confirm that the S.A Controller were released in CBS format

I never seen a CBS Super Action Baseball cart.....

I'm not sure, but I think I remember a european (probably CBS) S.A.C. box in the same vein as the european box of the steering wheel module...

As for Super Action Baseball, I can't answer that for sure...

Just to ask if the Super Action Controller set were manufactured in CBS format?

If Yes, does a CBS Super Action Baseball cart exist?

There was a CBS Super Action Controller BOX, but I have never seen a CBS style Super Action Baseball CART. The only cart I have ever seen is the Coleco released version, so I highly doubt a CBS version ever existed.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd say likely NOT a CBS baseball.. Logically speaking, I don't think a Baseball game would sell in Europe, especially 25 years ago, any better than a Cricket game would sell here in North America...

Here's a box pic of the CBS set, though...

http://www.pong-picture-page.de/catalog/images/cbs-colecovision-super-action-controller-set.JPG

In France we got CBS Version of super action controller built'in with Rocky.

we got also "Super Action Soccer" that was renamed in France (and europe i guess) : "Super Action Football"

As far i know, we didn't get CBS version of "Super Action Baseball" and "Super Action FootBall"(u.s football).

Baseball in france is a sport we are even not able to understand the rules!!.. lol

And why , you guys call "FootBall" a sport where you mainly plays using hands?

Terrible Soccer version that of Colecovision..

Expectations were great but it never replaced the Intellivision soccer in our group.

( the same for Rocky, great graphics but....ridicoulous gameplay , no chance against the Intellivision competitor )

The people who programmed these sports never touched a ball I suppose and all the people who marketed these silly items contributed to kill Colecovision.

TeamPixelboy, some hope to play TURBO in the future WITHOUT the steering wheel ? that was great.

Expectations were great but it never replaced the Intellivision soccer in our group.

( the same for Rocky, great graphics but....ridicoulous gameplay , no chance against the Intellivision competitor )

The people who programmed these sports never touched a ball I suppose and all the people who marketed these silly items contributed to kill Colecovision.

TeamPixelboy, some hope to play TURBO in the future WITHOUT the steering wheel ? that was great.

Check out newcoleco's website. He hacked Turbo to use the standard controller instead of the steering wheel.

Click software > games > modified games.

http://www.ccjvq.com/newcoleco/

Check out newcoleco's website. He hacked Turbo to use the standard controller instead of the steering wheel.

Click software > games > modified games.

http://www.ccjvq.com/newcoleco/

So now I'm curious to know, what is the difference between Daniel's Destructor hack and Destructor SCE published by Team Pixelboy?

So now I'm curious to know, what is the difference between Daniel's Destructor hack and Destructor SCE published by Team Pixelboy?

The RamCar controls were implemented differently.

In Daniel's hack, you turn by moving the joystick left or right, and accelerate with one of the trigger buttons. It's closer to the steering wheel controls that way.

In the Team Pixelboy version, you move the RamCar in one of eight directions by moving the joystick in that direction. No need to press a button to accelerate, and the RamCar slows to a stop when you let go of the joystick. The buttons are used to set the RamCar in reverse gear (right button), and to fire a crystal (left button).

I believe my version won't cause hand cramps after prolonged game play. ;)

In Daniel's hack, you turn by moving the joystick left or right, and accelerate with one of the trigger buttons. It's closer to the steering wheel controls that way.

In the Team Pixelboy version, you move the RamCar in one of eight directions by moving the joystick in that direction. No need to press a button to accelerate, and the RamCar slows to a stop when you let go of the joystick. The buttons are used to set the RamCar in reverse gear (right button), and to fire a crystal (left button).

I have actually started to like this game better now that I have the Team Pixelboy release. I always hated usng the Driving Module for this game (it's great for Turbo and Pitstop) and while I very much appreciated Daniel's hard work hacking the controls to a hand controller and sharing his work freely, I prefer Luc's control layout the most.

Plus the cart, manual and box are top-notch!

I have actually started to like this game better now that I have the Team Pixelboy release. I always hated usng the Driving Module for this game (it's great for Turbo and Pitstop) and while I very much appreciated Daniel's hard work hacking the controls to a hand controller and sharing his work freely, I prefer Luc's control layout the most.

Plus the cart, manual and box are top-notch!

I second this! ... without any doubt! :cool:

Thanks for the info - very interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes but they call it Super Action Cricket, old chap.

Super Action Cricket, now there's an oxymoron for you. icon_razz.gif

Hi coleconut.

Maybe we call it Cricket, but there are no official cartridge released under "Super Action Cricket". icon_smile.gif