IGNORED

Calling All 400s!

ClausB

Hi

serial number: 222530

I dont see a date, where should it be?

Patrick

Typically it would've been a 3 digit code stamped on the bare right side of the label, where your label is blank. Some units also have a three digit code engraved or stamped in the plastic case, though it's not consistent and it's unclear if the date on the plastic corresponds with the date of assembly or the date the case was received from the injection molding company, etc.

Been here a while so I thought I would put my babies number up here.

mine is 516743 and date code is 013.. so that is first week of 83? wow.. that does not match my memory.. I wonder if it got swapped out when I had it in for service anytime.

My reciept for my Inhome B keyboard is Dec 82.. I got my 400 in 80 I think.. now I did have it go in for service 2-3 times.. once for a failure, once for the Keyboard and once for the 48K upgrade. I had this from before I was in High School, but I started in 82. hmmmm.

James

I have been wondering about the lack of any 1980 400s on our list. Sometime between 1979 and 1981 they switched from YMM to MMY datecode. Maybe your 013 is the thirteenth week of 1980? The be sure, could you look at datecodes on the IC chips inside? They go by YYWW usually.

Now if it was the 13th week of 1980.. I think that would be about right.. because I got my computer and 410 recorder first... then I got the keyboard upgrade.. then the memory.. finally about 1984-5 I got my 1050 for christmas. OH I was a happy guy then.. no starting to load a game, going for dinner, and maybe if I was lucky getting to play it soon after dinner.. LOL!!

I will take a look inside in the next few days.

James

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

The first one I've found is AV206177, and is stamped 122 in silver in the plastic. I also looked at one of my Atari 800s. It is has a S/N of G 16K 062 8153. The way it is written makes it look like it was shipped with 16K, but that doesn't seem right, it must be a coincidence. The unit has 48K now. It also had a pushbutton switch and a toggle switch mounted underneath. I assume the push button is some sort of reset. I'm not sure what the toggle switch is for. It's been there as long as I've had it, and that must be at least 15years. Maybe I'll open it up this weekend and see what it is.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...