Havok69

Shanghai

Ahhhhh! I can't clear a freaking board! Got up to 120 tiles, but that's my best. Damn frustrating!

I have completed every board on the game more than once.

Butterfly is the easiest and Turt;e the hardest. One of my fave Lynx games :love:

I still need to get this! I have a version of Shanghai on the Mac (from the 90s) and I love the game. Why I don't have it on the Lynx yet is a mystery.

Yes, it is much harder to get a board solved than on the GBC Shanghai...but that´s part of the challenge IMO

I´m looking forward to the lynx chess game!

If you can find a copy of the Telegames Lynx chess game, it's pretty strongly rated. I've never managed to beat it.

The lowest tile count left on screen that I've got down to is 4. Can't remember what board it was on. Love the game though. I play it sometimes at quiet periods at work on Handy.

I love Shanghai on the Game Boy. Didn't know that there was a Lynx version. I need to pick this one up. Anyone got a spare copy? Loose is fine...

Chris

I sure do love me some Shanghai :love: :lust: :love:

Hmm, think I'll play a couple games before wrasslin' comes on

Edited by BrandonJ33

I just picked up this game as well as Crystal Mines II today. Both were boxed with manuals and inserts for $5 each. Traded a Game Boy Color and a copy of Links Awakening for bother. Got to love having a local store that specializes in retro gaming. :love: I have yet to try either out but Shanghai sounds like a really fun game. :P

Is there no sort of internal memory in the game cartridge or system? I ask as I tried Shanghai a little while ago and just fired it up again to play some more only to see the high scores are all gone. Do all high scores on Lynx games reset on every play?

No "original" Lynx hame has. Only 3 or 4 "new generation" cartridges do :)

Didn't think so, just thought I'd ask since it seems totally pointless to have a screen to enter highscores when it deletes on restart. :P

No "original" Lynx hame has. Only 3 or 4 "new generation" cartridges do icon_smile.gif

Didn't think so, just thought I'd ask since it seems totally pointless to have a screen to enter highscores when it deletes on restart. icon_razz.gif

Actually, most arcade games back in the day didn't save scores either, so that was a normal thing back then.

I beat every single board on Shanghai in one sitting not too long ago hoping for a special animation about clearing every board and I got nothing. I didn't expect anything special but I was hoping. Extremely fun game.

Yes, it is much harder to get a board solved than on the GBC Shanghai...but that´s part of the challenge IMO

I´m looking forward to the lynx chess game!

If you can find a copy of the Telegames Lynx chess game, it's pretty strongly rated. I've never managed to beat it.

yea the better you are the longer it takes i think the computer's strategy is to get the batteries to run out before you win

Yes! At last I have cleared a board! Figured I would try Butterfly since The Laird said it was the easiest. I was always just trying the Dragon.

Cleared 2 boards last night, first time I've managed to clear any. I cleared the Butterfly and the Bat. :)

Edited by A_Locomotive