IGNORED

Video 61 & Jurassic Park 2

Atari 7800.com

Hey... My friend Lance from Video 61 asked me to pass this along to the rest of the Atari community as he is unable to. This is the message he e-mailed me and asked me to forward....

:!: "Hi, sorry that I am not posting this due to time considerations so my friend's are lending me a hand.

We have just finished up the awesome game JURASSIC PARK 2 on cartridge for all 64k XL / XE machines. This exciting new game sports awesome graphics, music, as well as a great role playing type of adventure game. Special thanks to XL of satantronics for permission to release his exciting game onto cartridge format.

We now have it listed on our web site, you can access our site thru my friends SCOTT ADAMS SITE at, http://www.msadams.com/ Just go to the links page, scroll till you see the atari 400/800 cartridge link, then click the link for a direct link to my site, or just simply go to www.atarisales.com

Thanks,

Lance" :!:

Any Photo's of the new game(s)???

Justin, why don't you make a new website for Lance with photo's and such, while Lance's site is okay and organized into sections and stuff, it would help people to see some screenshots of games and also he should have a notice at the top of each section webpage with:

The LATEST RELEASES:

To point people to all the newest stuff he's released, might help sales.

Glad to see more software coming out!

Curt

Here is the link to Satontronics home page, where you can order JP2 direct from them for $3 or 2#'s english. How much is the cart going to sell for?

http://www.napri.sk/web/satantronic/JP2.htm

It will be E-MAILED to you though, so you need APE, SIO2PC or an 8-bit emulator. Also, be warned, that this game MAY require a PAL antic chip installed in your NTSC 8-bit if your going to play it on a North american computer. I believe there other game (magic world) requires the PAL antic chip. the chip is available from B&C for $10 and it's a socketed chip and very easy to install, then your NTSC 8-bit will be 100% compatible with both PAL and NTSC games! I'm sure Video 61 has converted the cart version to NTSC.

Any Photo's of the new game(s)???

Justin, why don't you make a new website for Lance with photo's and such, while Lance's site is okay and organized into sections and stuff, it would help people to see some screenshots of games and also he should have a notice at the top of each section webpage with:

The LATEST RELEASES:

To point people to all the newest stuff he's released, might help sales.

Glad to see more software coming out!

Curt

Actually I have been tooling around with this. I do have a page of "new releases" for the Atari 7800.com on line catalogue (new releases which are shared with Lance & Video 61 of course, but apply to the 7800) but I have not made one for Lance, not because I am not willing but simply because Lance is the kinda guy who likes to manage his own territory and keep his work under his own roof. I'll talk to him about it, and if he's game, I can do it. Screenshots however should not be a problem.

I am also working on history sections for both the 8-Bit and ST line of Atari computers which will include a detailed history article, museum, and possibly a few choice items for sale in the catalogue but nothing huge. I'm sure that screenshots of new releases could be worked in there as well.

BTW, I have recieved a few emails from people asking to purchase these games. I know I was the one who posted for Lance but Atari 7800.com does not currently stock Jurassic Park 2 for the 8-Bit. To purchase one please visit Video 61's website or call Lance at 651.462.2500.

Thanks!

Gunstar,

Satantronic sells a copy on disk of JP2 game and its works in PAL computers and its in Slovanian language.

Video61 Cartridge is a modified version of the game to work is NTSC compatible and the games was translated to english.

Video61 has obtained license and permission to produce this cartridge

Video61 Price is 20$

Nir

Video61 has obtained license and permission to produce this cartridge

Video61 Price is 20$

Nir

Video61 got also the license from Spielberg for using the name "Jurassic Park"? I'm wondering about the cost of it. Also for future games; i mean, if someone will think to program new version of old games (maybe Crystal Castles or H.E.R.O. :D ) , if a license would be at a fair price...