IGNORED

ColecoVision System Refurbish with composite A/V mod

Yurkie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had my colecovision tricked out with the mods.

I am very happy with the service from Yurkie.

I highly recommend his service, he is a gentlemen, and a pleasure to do business with.

He offers a great service at a very good value. A++ or I guess the board uses a +1.

I must say that the av mod is beautiful...just plugs right into the tv!

The pause button is a must have.

I had two colecovisions refurbed and one with the works and the other just a standard refurb.

I had him do all four controllers and the controllers are great-- the ball knobs are really much better to play games with.

I am very happy I did this-- they were just sitting in a box in the basement and now I can play all 50 games i have.

The process only took about 2 weeks with the shipping going ground both ways!

Gotta go I am playing Lady Bug right now!

• 2 weeks later...

Chiming in as a very happy customer. Yurkie did an amazing job refurbishing/modding my old Colecovision. Love the ball knobs on the controllers, so much better! Picture looks great, easy hook up. Intro skip rules too, my only regret is not adding the pause mod. Highly recommended!

Chiming in as a very happy customer. Yurkie did an amazing job refurbishing/modding my old Colecovision. Love the ball knobs on the controllers, so much better! Picture looks great, easy hook up. Intro skip rules too, my only regret is not adding the pause mod. Highly recommended!

The modded Pause button is really nice add! :) :thumbsup:

Request for mods and repairs have pretty much ground to a halt the last 3 months. What few requests I have had where mostly from previous customers requesting additional services.

I will likely stop offering all refurbishing, repairs and mods in the near future if the current lack of interest continues, or on a case by case basis at increased prices. The $89 to get your console working like new, your controllers working like new and modded, plus adding composite video is an incredible deal, if you have been holding back, nows the time to take action.

I am writing this because I am seriously considering dropping all services and concentrating on collecting and beta-testing. I am not looking for sympathy, or previous customers to request extra work as charity.

Request for mods and repairs have pretty much ground to a halt the last 3 months. What few requests I have had where mostly from previous customers requesting additional services.

I will likely stop offering all refurbishing, repairs and mods in the near future if the current lack of interest continues, or on a case by case basis at increased prices. The $89 to get your console working like new, your controllers working like new and modded, plus adding composite video is an incredible deal, if you have been holding back, nows the time to take action.

I am writing this because I am seriously considering dropping all services and concentrating on collecting and beta-testing. I am not looking for sympathy, or previous customers to request extra work as charity.

You should set up a web site which describes the different services you offer, Todd. That way, people who don't need your services today (but eventually will, next year or beyond) will be able to contact you directly. CV consoles being finicky, business should pick up eventually. In any case, you shouldn't close up shop completely. :)

Nice Idea, but I don't have the ambition to go through the hassle of making a website. I used to own a domain and had an offer for free hosting and never used it. Truth be told I think things have ran their course for the most part. Less than 1 job a week, makes stocking parts, packing supplies and replacement hardware not even worth the hassle. I'll give things a few weeks and see how it goes, and I doubt I will commpletly stop offering services. I just won't be looking, and prices will be considerably higher and on case by case. Likely $129 for what is now $89.

I gotcha.... I haven't read the whole thread, but I guess it's tough if it's your primary source of income. In turn, I would LOVE to pick up so much stuff from people on AA but don't have any money. I usually go nuts around tax refund time and when student loans come in. Anyway I wish you the best of luck.

I gotcha.... I haven't read the whole thread, but I guess it's tough if it's your primary source of income. In turn, I would LOVE to pick up so much stuff from people on AA but don't have any money. I usually go nuts around tax refund time and when student loans come in. Anyway I wish you the best of luck.

This was never a serious money maker by any means. But being Mr. Happy go lucky and giving great deals for 1 job a month is not worthwhile. Pretty much anyone that doesn't ship this week can count on adding about $20 to what is the current total.

Anyway here is about the nicest CV ever and will be on it's way to it's new home tomorrow.

Refurbished with A/V, Pause, BIOS and 4164 DRAM mods...plus both controller ICs are socketed.

post-23318-0-41924200-1308694699_thumb.jpg

Would you add top-mounted microswitch fire buttons to my controllers and if so, how much? I have seen a picture where someone did this and it looked far more comfortable than the side fire buttons that are standard.

I did that quite awhile back, actually had 4 face mount buttons working like the 4 on a super action controller.

Your probably talking about the 2 face buttons, that another guy did on here.

I am really not interested in doing it unless it was by special request, send me a PM and it can be discussed.

It is a shame about the Canadian Postal strike.

NO, that is not at shame at all, I stand behind all Canada Post Employees!

I don't know, nor do I care about the politics behind the strike...I was merely saying that it sucks from a postal customers stand point.

Got my Yurkie moded Colecovision in the mail this morning. Considering all the problems I had with colecovisions in 1982 when I first got them, I guess you could say it is definitely better than new.

It can't get much better than playing colecovision on a 48inch LCD :)

Oh wait maybe if I ever get that 70 inch LED then that would be better ;)

The machine is perfect as everything always is from Yurkie!

I didn't even care about the pause feature but I gotta tell you I already used it twice when people had the nerve to call me while I was playing a game. :twisted:

• 3 weeks later...

Yurkie is the man...my refurbed controller is top notch...clean, responsive, works perfectly....exactly as promised.

Great communication, shipped fast, answered any and all questions, totally just a stand up dude to work with.

Do yourself a favor and work with Yurkie if you've got mod/refurb needs...

Now on to beating my son at Burgertime :)