IGNORED

ColecoVision System Refurbish with composite A/V mod

Yurkie

there's plenty of room in the marketplace for all this

let's not clutter these forums with advertising

I have been serving the ColecoVision community with repairs and mods for a couple years now. I suggest you mind your own business, especially since I have never even seen you post in this forum before.

• Like 4

Fernando I know you are new from looking at your info but Yurkie has helped or fixed probably over 50% of the community here.

Yurkie's comments were a little rough on you and uncalled for but you are not off to a good start with this community as everyone is very greatfull for the help and support Yurkie has given our community.

Yes selling stuff should be in the marketplace but a lot of newbies don't know to look in the marketplace and often ask questions here in this forum so having this in both forums helps people find him and also helps the people that are looking for help.

I hope your future posts are a more enjoyable experience.

OOps saw 12 at the end and that it was the year. Sorry about that. I see you have been here since 09. You should know better than. If this is a personal grudge please take it off line with pm's

Edited by ColecoDan
  • Like 2

Yurkie,

How much will you charge if I want ball knobs, straight cords, pause switch, A/V jack and BIOS mod?

Thanks.

That sound like everything. $129 + return shipping. Send me a PM if interested, and thanks for the inquiry.

and

i suggest you read the forum rules and stop your annoying spam

Welcome to the Forum and don't let the door hit you in the a** on your way out!

Can you make Yurkie an admin or mod here on the Adam/ColecoVision group?

It would be nice if he could pin topics for us such as how to DYI controllers and offer his services.

There are a lot of repeat questions that could be solved even more quickly then just searching if we could have some FAQ's pinned.

Your concern has been noted. We'll take this from here.

I don't see a problem with the odd sales/service thread here, as long as it's not rampant... and especially if it's a service. Not everyone looks in the marketplace. Sometimes I put an info thread here, and an accompanying sales thread in the Marketplace, but that's not necessarily ideal, either.

We have the DIY thread in my signature. If anyone has any other helpful ideas or links, feel free to post them there.

That should be about here... >V

Also... if there ever is a sticky thread, I'd just have one, with all the info in the first post, mostly with links to other pertinent threads, web sites, etc. I hate it when there's 5 or 6 sticky threads, each getting in the way of the active threads.

edit: me again. I've sent Albert a PM, requesting that I make a thread and have it pinned. I'll make the thread/post after Albert gets back to me.

Edited by 5-11under

I don't think the sticky thing is very effective. I think it better to bump an old pertinate thread every once in awhile so that new people see it.

I would like to be a mod to keep thread crapping at bay

I don't think the sticky thing is very effective. I think it better to bump an old pertinate thread every once in awhile so that new people see it.

Bumping would still always be fine, in limited degrees, of course. It'd still be nice to have one sticky thread loaded with information, so newbies would know their options if their player is always moving left, for instance.

A moderator needs to be moderate. Some of us are too quick or hasty in our replies to be moderators.

I just hate with someone new comes in and asks a question and gets snapped at to do a search, because people here know how many times its been asked/answered.

dunno...

I think at least a FAQ sticky would solve a lot of those questions.

• Like 1

I personally think that at least two new sub-sections in the CV & ADAM Forum should be allowed to be created that will prove to be very beneficial for any new visitors to the forum as well as the many old-timers around here. While others have mentioned a "pinned" thread, I think a sub-section like Opcode's or the HSC's would serve a better purpose.

The first should be a FAQ section like others have suggested that could contain all pertinent information about the ColecoVision such as the original CV Faq, Rarity Lists, DIY maintenance, diagnosing problems, repairs, etc. Basically a treasure trove of information all in one place instead of spread out through numerous threads spanning countless years. While searching the forum is easy enough for most, sometimes people just don't know what to search for and this section will become OUR wikipedia of CV & ADAM information.

The second section idea would be for announcements of new products, services and repairs that are made available by all the great Homebrewers in the community. This would not be for posting personal items for sale as the MarketPlace is the perfect place for this already. We would basically end up with a catalog of everything that has been made, developed, released for the CV & ADAM and again... all this tremendous information will not get buried and intertwined with countless other posts. Plus, we would have ourselves a timeline that people could use 30 years from now when they are reseaching and writing books about the history of the retrogaming scene! :)

A few new moderators that are HEAVILY involved with the CV would prove very beneficial... Yurkie and 5-11under are perfect candidates.

Edited by NIAD
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I am considering getting this for my Coleco; I am a big fan of having the best possible picture quality, and I currently find my controllers cumbersome. I'll try to send mine in soon, if things work out, money-wise. Probably next month, or the month after that; it depends on when Ed releases the SGM! :-D

• 11 months later...