IGNORED

So I have a Vic-20...

Fyrri

So you don't have a datasette like this then?

Commodore-Datassette.jpg

The hole to put the size 0 Philips screwdriver into when the play button is depressed, is located just about where Commodore is printed, and below the slot for the tape to be inserted.

Man, seeing one of THOSE brings back memories!

When we first got our Commodore, we had one of those tape decks with it. A few days and I was begging my Dad to get a disk drive.

You could go watch a TV program, have dinner, and shower, and the damn thing would STILL be loading a game! :P

So you don't have a datasette like this then?

The hole to put the size 0 Philips screwdriver into when the play button is depressed, is located just about where Commodore is printed, and below the slot for the tape to be inserted.

We're way past that :P He's trying to adjust a different type of tape deck.

Yeah, I somewhat gathered that now... my advice, get a proper datasette ;)

No, you're still not gathering LOL... he has a Datasette for the Vic. That's not an issue. He has a different one that he's trying to adjust to make physical copies of tapes from a modern computer to USE on the Datasette. Yes, yes, there are better options by far, but this is what he wants to do for now, nothing wrong with that.

I didn't actually mean to type PTAP there, but yes that should work fine once you've got the alignment sorted. I meant to put TAPSERV there, as that's what I use. My brain is getting old...! :P

As for proper alignment on a datasette, sadly no one ever wrote a program for the Vic20 so you could adjust it. There are a couple of programs out there for the C64, so that's how I got my 1530s into gear. Except I use a 1531 for MTAP so I have to rely somewhat on tried and trusted settings, plus a signal analyser program that shows the strength being read from a tape to get the optimum position.