IGNORED

Mega ST2 Booting troubles

jokker

Hi all,

So I managed to get my hands on an Mega ST2 and I would really like to get it working again if possible. I have a 520ST and a 1040ST available for parts if necessary (prefer to not part out the 1040 if I have to because it already works great). The 520 is the variety requiring an external brick power supply of which I don't have so I'm happy to use it up.

So anyways, it's a stock Mega ST2 NTSC so nothing out of the ordinary there. It's only able to boot to a pure white screen using an SC1224 (that works fine as I use it with the 1040 for now). I've tested the TOS roms in my 1040 and they work fine so I know it's not a ROM issue. Are the GLUE, DMA, Shifter, etc chips compatible with the ones from the 520?

I'll post a link to the motherboard picture for convenience, as it's quite large to allow for lots of detail.

Motherboard of Mega ST2

I'm no stranger to using a soldering iron and I have a decent multimeter as far as tools go.

So thank you again for any and all help and if you need further pictures or information, I'll make sure to get it asap.

(I also posted this on Atari Forum if anyone notices a similarity)