IGNORED

Opcode prototype auctions - batch 2

opcode

Out of curiosity, how many people would be interested on digital copies of prototypes?

Better yet, how many ColecoVision users with flash carts out there?

Eduardo

Definetly interested and glad to hear that you are considering digital distribution!!! While I've tried out the MSX versions thru the blueMSX Emulator, it's not the same as playing on a real CV.

I have an AtariMAX USB and SD Cart.... with some empty space that needs filling. :D

Welcome back to the forum.

digital copies of prototypes ?...

Eduardo

Prototypes, I would prefer the real thing.

If you will distibute your games this way in the future via Digital ROM, will I be forced to invest in a Atarimax SD cartridge.

And i think it will affect your future sales of the new SGM and later CV2.

Also, I think the games would flow all over the Internet and will in all probability be copied largely.

I could be wrong.

Out of curiosity, how many people would be interested on digital copies of prototypes?

Eduardo

I would definately be interested. From what I've seen these barely classify as Prototypes and are more or less finished games (perhaps not in your perfectionist eyes Eduardo - but absolutely nothing wrong with that).

Digital distribution is something I am considering for future games, perhaps even exclusives, but it isn't something that would apply to the already auctioned prototypes (including T&F2), as by the terms of sale they cannot be publicly released.

But I think some pretty cool stuff would be possible with digital distribution, perhaps episodic content, perhaps bug fix releases, perhaps some very nice exclusive games. In fact a model I was thinking would be to release a certain game as DD first, then use the money to fund part of the packaged release. Ping-Pong is an example, and game is done, waiting for a release, but I cannot get the minimum # of pre-orders to justify the investiment (boxed game costs a ton to produce).

I've been suggesting and asking for this as long as I can remember. :)

"What's the point of making games if people can't play them?" has always been my contention.

I would still suggest using a 'serial number' within the ROMs to track who's leaking/copying them unethically. Or there's always the ShareWare model that some have done well with. :)

Eduardo

I have a flash cart and would be interested in digital copies of the prototypes Eduardo.

Digital distribution is something I am considering for future games, perhaps even exclusives, but it isn't something that would apply to the already auctioned prototypes (including T&F2), as by the terms of sale they cannot be publicly released.

But I think some pretty cool stuff would be possible with digital distribution, perhaps episodic content, perhaps bug fix releases, perhaps some very nice exclusive games. In fact a model I was thinking would be to release a certain game as DD first, then use the money to fund part of the packaged release. Ping-Pong is an example, and game is done, waiting for a release, but I cannot get the minimum # of pre-orders to justify the investiment (boxed game costs a ton to produce).

Did you try posting an announcement for Ping-Pong pre-orders? I don't remember you doing so, but if you started a topic on it you might get the necessary pre-orders you need to release it in the complete package. You could put me down for one right now.

Did you try posting an announcement for Ping-Pong pre-orders? I don't remember you doing so, but if you started a topic on it you might get the necessary pre-orders you need to release it in the complete package. You could put me down for one right now.

he did a long time ago it might be worth doing new topic like the smurf game maybe things will get rolling. Unfortunately i am already in his small list of wanting the game so i dont count :(

cool, i didn't know you had so many games just lying around

Track & Field 2 - cart #4, only 2 days left.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1605503362991?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=160550336299&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

About Ping-Pong, yes, I posted about pre-order last year. I can try again in the near future, as Dale is unavailable right now.

About distribution of "unreleased" games: I think we are lucky... details soon.