IGNORED

New Harmony Owner w/some questions

Pilsner73

Any tricks to getting it to display the menu on a HD LCD tv as it would a CRT tv?

The text display can't be changed, but some LCD TVs are better than others at displaying it. It might be slightly clearer if you disable the colour cycling (B&W switch).

Some games the screen display looks off either with color or position, what might be the cause?

These are probably PAL region games?

Chris

Thanks for the responses.

Files and game posution on screen -

I am redoing any files I will load on to the rom and trying to make sure I add only NTSC files. I got spoiled by the STella Emulator handling pal and NTCS.

Display of Menu -

I hooked it up to a CRT TV and it looked a lot better so it's something with the LCD tv, just wondered if anyone had some tips for LCD settings with the Harmony/2600. It's an LG 720p 37" hdtv.

I hooked it up to a CRT TV and it looked a lot better so it's something with the LCD tv, just wondered if anyone had some tips for LCD settings with the Harmony/2600. It's an LG 720p 37" hdtv.

I would try to disable all picture enhancements. Or try different presets.

Display of Menu -

If you can post some photos of the two TVs so we can see what "better" means, perhaps we can help.

An LCD TV will never look like a CRT display - each handles the picture in a completely different manner. CRTs tend to hide picture artifacts and noise, so that's probably why it seems to look better. LCDs will vividly show every flaw. You can get better picture quality out of a composite or s-video modified 2600, but currently nobody is selling mod kits. (There are do-it-yourself plans available. Check the Hardware forums.)

First thanks to the everyone who is offering to help. First I'd like to make it known I have no complaints about the Harmony Cart just would like to use it with my LCD displays and saw other threads where people suggested adjusting certain picture settings and effects on the TV for a better menu display. I already tested a CRT display and saw the menu was better but looking to use my 2600 on my LCD sets. I even saw a youtube video where the menu looks good on what appears to be a Vizio lcd set but maybe they modded the video out of the 2600.

unless that's a crt kind of dark to tell.

Mine looks more like the following video with lines missing from the menu selections but maybe not as bad

As for modding my 2600 video I really like to keep my heavy sixer stock and probably selling my light sixer. I find the Harmony a great product and happy with it overall.