IGNORED

5.25 floppy artwork

19Echo

In my heday of the 80's i got really lazy and never wrote anything on the labels and now fast forward a couple of decades, i'm going thru the hundreds of floppies trying to label them correctly. Just wondering if there was any type of template that anyone ever came up with atari art work before i just fabricate my own.

thanks

• 1 month later...

anyone know if there is an Avery label # for 5.25 floppy disk labels?

EDIT: Found it - Avery 5197

An alternative supplier for Avery 5197 compatible labels is Online Labels, they offer choice of material, color and finish. They even offer gold foil, silver foil and weatherproof silver polyester material with a brushed silver finish.

Here are some that I did in 300dpi using photoshop:

FLOPPYLABEL525.jpg

printed size: 4.75" x 1.50"

FLOPPYLABEL525.bmp

FLOPPYLABEL35.jpg

printed size: 2.75" x 2.00"

FLOPPYLABEL35.bmp

Don't use the .jpg previews shown in this post, they are inferior quality.

Download the .bmp attatchments.

They are lossless bitmap files.

Perhaps Albert can change the settings on the forum so that it will display .bmp files in posts.

Here are some that I did in 300dpi using photoshop:

printed size: 4.75" x 1.50"

FLOPPYLABEL525.bmp

printed size: 2.75" x 2.00"

FLOPPYLABEL35.bmp

Don't use the .jpg previews shown in this post, they are inferior quality.

Download the .bmp attatchments.

They are lossless bitmap files.

Perhaps Albert can change the settings on the forum so that it will display .bmp files in posts.

Those look nice!!! The ones I did were replicas of the mini label that Atari put in the upper left corner of most of the Atari supplied driver and DOS disks.

If anyone wants BMP versions of those, let me know. I can post them.

I used a standard Avery 5160 1"x2.5/8" address label for the Atari Mini label. You just make sure that the black area on the top and sides of the label bleed off the edge of the label a bit. That way it is black all the way to the edge when you peel the label off the sheet.

I think the 1"x4" are the closest for the full 5.25 label.

I am not too picky. My main criteria for a label is that it doesnt come off and get the disk stuck in the drive, and that the ink doesnt smear. Im not too concerned with glossy appearance or anything like that. I guess you can get labels professionally printed, or even get glossy "photo quality" labels for inkjet printers..

I use the free labels I get from Fedex, and then just cut them to size after I print them. They take up half an 8.5x11 page, and they are free.. I havent had them come off of a disk yet. I guess I have some that I did 5 years ago that way and they still havent come off.. I'll let you know in another 10 years how they did long-term..

Hey, by the way.. Anyone who feels so inclined, please scan the labels of your original floppies in at least 300dpi, and upload them here, so those of us who are "restoring our collections" can use them to print new ones (for replacement labels on our own originally purchased, legally owned disks that the labels have fallen off of.)

Thanks..