IGNORED

Our Newest Addition!

StanJr

It was a monster. No on/off button either, just plugged in or not. The fan in the back is uber loud, we are thinking of pulling the power to it. Two milk juggy kind of things for the coin collection as well. SEGA had some odd ideas.

Standard cabinet though allowed for super easy and quick conversions and Sega had many! I like the design a lot, just not the petrified wood they used in building 'em. lol

The milk jug-looking cash boxes were very necessary. Imagine a time where people played these things non-stop and operators couldn't empty 'em fast enough. :love:

Nice job! Heaviest damn cabinet though :lol:

Tell me about it, just sold my Zaxxon last month...my back still hurts :D

It was a monster. No on/off button either, just plugged in or not. The fan in the back is uber loud, we are thinking of pulling the power to it. Two milk juggy kind of things for the coin collection as well. SEGA had some odd ideas.

Yeah, all sega cabs were made with no on/off switch. Kind of annoying but easily corrected at my house with a power strip ;) HUO Congo Bongo with only 400 plays? Very rare find. I am pretty sure there is no FREE PLAY option on it so that might actually be a pretty accurate number. Was a credit button installed anywhere? The milk jug coin holders were to stop the quarters from spilling over on to the internals of the machine and short stuff out, like save2600 mentions there was a time when these things would be played ALL day and night in the right location :lust: You can plug a Zaxxon PCB (and others) directly into this, careful though, in my opinion Zaxxon is better left a memory :D

Standard cabinet though allowed for super easy and quick conversions and Sega had many! I like the design a lot, just not the petrified wood they used in building 'em. lol

The milk jug-looking cash boxes were very necessary. Imagine a time where people played these things non-stop and operators couldn't empty 'em fast enough. :love:

LOL :D When I was lifting Zaxxon out of my basement the "petrified" false bottom literally exploded from the weight of the cabinet on the 2 wheeler. I am still stepping on Zaxxon splinters :D

When the dealer we bought it from acquired it, he installed a high score panel to save the high scores and that added the free play option, but no originally it had no free play option, so that coin counter number should be spot on!

Nice! I didn't know they made a HSK for Congo Bongo but I suppose since they made one for Zaxxon they might as well right :) Cool find!

• 1 month later...

Nice job! Heaviest damn cabinet though :lol:

I dont know...my OutRun might have that beat in the weight category. That thing is beastly heavy for an upright. I thought about selling it once and the guy told me I'd have to pay him to take it! icon_mrgreen.gif

As for the new Congo Bongo cab...man that looks minty fresh!!!!

Congrats!