IGNORED

List of PS3 games with DRM crap

Cybergoth

I should put Dragon Age Origins/Ultimate Edition in my PS3 to confirm what they've done with the DLC packed on the disc. I believe they have that content tethered to EA's servers - if you don't sign in to them, then the content becomes unselectable? Worthy of being put on this list imo.
I guess the fact that I've still yet to place said disc in said PS3 shows the kind of apathy that EA has put on my gaming soul. I'll try to do it this weekend.

It has all the content on disk and I had no problem installing, but there's a sheet in the package saying that one of the DLC packages is unfortunately broken and you have to redownload it from within the game. There's a download code provided, albeit I did not test wether it still works for my used copy, since I didn't want to create an EA account just for that :ponder:

I should put Dragon Age Origins/Ultimate Edition in my PS3 to confirm what they've done with the DLC packed on the disc. I believe they have that content tethered to EA's servers - if you don't sign in to them, then the content becomes unselectable? Worthy of being put on this list imo.
I guess the fact that I've still yet to place said disc in said PS3 shows the kind of apathy that EA has put on my gaming soul. I'll try to do it this weekend.

It has all the content on disk and I had now problem installing, but there's a sheet in the package saying that one of the DLC packages is unfortunately broken and you have to redownload it from within the game. There's a download code provided, albeit I did not test wether it still works for my used copy, since I didn't want to create an EA account just for that :ponder:

Hmm. There was no download code for Dragon Age related things in my package. There was a download code for an armor in Mass Effect 3 (I think that's the game.)

• 1 month later...

OP, wonderful idea!!! Thank you for your efforts!! :thumbsup:

I honestly think the serial key makes a lot more sense than forcing people to log onto the PSN to use their games. It still won't eliminate piracy, it'll just annoy legitimate users.

Asking me to verify, *cough/prove* that I am the original owner (*ahem... purchaser*) of the Software, and that it is legitimately installed on my system is tantamount to an invasion of my privacy, and is a surefire way to keep me from purchasing a video game.

Hi Blizzard... SCII & DIII want their Souls back please...

(I would LOooooooooooooove to play those two games but alas... I cannot because of this VERY reason... Blizzard asks their users to prove the games legitimacy each and every time they boot those respective executables).... it sounds like a tall tale when one says it out loud, but there are literally millions of people playing both of those games, with ZERO issues. They could care less about being asked to prove they're not thieves each and every time they enjoy their product.

Please, people... for ONE minute... imagine that logic applied to other items you own. You car, your Refrigerator... your clothes... your toothbrush. If someone told you that you'd have to proove you owned your underwear, you'd laugh and say, "that's the silliest shit I've ever heard"...

But that same person will walk into their game room, boot up their machine, and jump into DIII with zero qualms or issues.

Edited by Protoplasym