IGNORED

XM games - Imaginary game release thread

Lendorien

I'll state again:

Knight 'n Grail.

Looking at more vids of that game, and it would REALLY fill a hole in the 7800 line up: a Metroidvania-esque game.

And, looking at it...I don't think XM would be completely necessary for the game...but XM "enhanced" additions (POKEY, etc.) would make for a potentially better offering.

You buy an H2 cart? :P

That cart looks interesting.

This thread was kinda interesting too. Looking over all the suggestions, I think Stun Runner would be fun.

I liked the idea of of the Ninja Series. I think something like Brutal Sports Football on the Jaguar would be fun on the 7800.. but it has be Ninja themed for the 7800. :P

I think the really interesting games of the Intellivision should be ported to the 7800, like Tron Deadly Discs, Astrosmash, and B-17 Bomber to name three.

I think the 7800 could easily do a better, colorized version of the Bubsy 2 game for the Gameboy, or some Bubsy title.

Tempest X needs to be attempted on the 7800. :)

And no Donkey Kong love, or is that already made?

While I would prefer to see original games over ports of arcade titles, I do admit that it would be awesome to have Solaris or Star Raiders on the 7800. I kind of wondered why Atari didn't get Doug to do a version of Solaris for both consoles at the time. Also I think it would be pretty cool if Black Belt and Meebzork were taken and finished on the 7800 instead.

That Knight 'N Grail game looks pretty awesome. I'm not a C64 guy but that would be a game I would go out of my way to get if I had one.

Other than that, any sort of RPG/Adventure game would be neat as would a proper beat 'em up to remove the stain of 7800 Double Dragon.

I'd like to see Cloak and Dagger...

Actually, I was just reading up the specs on Atari Games's Toobin' title. It also used the YM chip and a Pokey for audio. At least a port to the XM would have arcade-perfect audio...

And the Atari Games/Tengen version of Tetris. Although the arcade version used dual Pokey chips for the audio... A 6502 for the CPU...

He also did Colourspace, which was created both for the A8 and the ST line. It might be worth looking into. Coders in the various 8bit demo scenes have amassed a fairly sizable physics and particle effect code-base, with many speed optimizations. Though the base processor is slower, because of these optimizations and the Maria, one might be able to get performance ranging from somewhat slower than the A8, up to some effects more akin to the 16-bit version. Would have to selective and put limits on certain things to show it in it's best light, but yeah..every "advanced" newfangled console needs a light show. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...