IGNORED

Anyone else just as excited as I am for Marvel vs Capcom 3?

keilbaca

I'm stoked for this game. Yes I have the leak but its also a day one purchase for me.

This game is amazing, the speed as MvC2, with its own amazing charm. It also looks amazing.

Deadpool is amazing, he even has a special ending for beating Magneto as the final character. A true shoutout to the MvC crowd.

Anyone else getting it? Anyone wanna fight me when it comes out? If it wasn't for work, I'd have joined the Scorehero Midnight Launch party over XBL.

Wii doesn't have the necessary RAM. BTW, been playing it since wednesday, it's pretty rad. Plays too much like TvC though with the new controls, but that's fine. Every time I played TvC I wished for Spider-Man and Iron Man... now I've got my wish.

Yeah that's my only gripe.... I hate that control scheme but they seem to do a better job on the tagging and all.

I put $20 down on it a few days ago but probably won't pick it up for a couple of weeks. I haven't played a fighter on a technical/tourney level in a few years. I'm rusty.. but with MvC's simplicity (at least compared to other fighters), I'm looking forward to "getting back into it" without too much of a hassle.

I found myself thinking about picking it up when it hits stores. This was despite not being interested in it at all, so it was pretty strange. I guess I got caught in a bit of the hype.

I literally could not care less about the whole Capcom half of the roster. Even on the Marvel side, I'm only interested in maybe three characters. Not my cuppa at all, so it was strange how I was considering selling some of my games to buy it on store credit.

I was going to get it. I was at a launch party last night with a few bands, a big tournament, and the game set up all over the place to play while waiting for the launch. I enjoyed the game, then I learned of characters being DLC! WHAT? I had heard this before but I guess it wasn't real to me until I was there playing the game.

This is a bad bad bad idea for gamers. I buy the game for $60, and if I want to play with the full character list I have to pay MORE to get them? BAD IDEA FOR GAMERS! Not to mention these fighting games tend to be played for years and years past the point of release. In 10 years people will more then likely still be playing this game, and if they are playing on a machine that doesn't have these new characters downloaded they could be screwed.

One more point to be made here. The game launched last night, there are already DLC characters! BAD IDEA FOR GAMERS! This means they had them ready, and instead of making them part of the game from the start they decided to charge more for them. BAD IDEA FOR GAMERS!

I might end up getting this game soon anyway, but at this point I'm thinking long and hard about voting with my wallet.

• Like 1

Yeah, I wasn't a fan at all about DLC characters the day it was released, but what can you do.

Good thing the disc roster is good enough that you don't need them at all.

I played it an hour last night then another half hour this morning when I woke up.

I'm at an even 50% on wins and losses, got a 3 win streak going on with Super Skrull, Felicia and Sentinel.

I literally could not care less about the whole Capcom half of the roster. Even on the Marvel side, I'm only interested in maybe three characters. Not my cuppa at all, so it was strange how I was considering selling some of my games to buy it on store credit.

Yeah, the Capcom side is pretty boring. Arthur's interesting though, but really he's the only one. Friend of mine plays as Zero (Bass costume is rad) a bit but I squash him pretty handily. But man, Tron's boring, DMC people are boring, Bionic Commando (not the good one) is boring....blah. I hope they add some good ones. Rumors of X, but just rumors.

About the DLC characters 10 years from now... hopefully these consoles will be hacked to shreds, and it'll be trivial to add the character files to your console's storage.

I might end up getting this game soon anyway, but at this point I'm thinking long and hard about voting with my wallet.

As you should, and this is a very big reason for me not bothering with a limited edition as well as likely waiting on it for it to drop in price.

As you should, and this is a very big reason for me not bothering with a limited edition as well as likely waiting on it for it to drop in price.

Whats going to end up happening is there will be a special release in 6 months with all the DLC on the disc. Atleast I hope its on the disc. Recently they have gone to just putting codes to download the DLC in these special releases leaving no hope for true preservation of these games in the future.

I don't mind DLC for new looks or back grounds or things that don't matter. The idea of having to buy the extra characters makes me an unhappy person.

On the upside of DLC... Capcom's got a poll up, asking which 5 characters from each side you'd like to see added as DLC. Yeah, they should've done this BEFORE releasing the game, but this way we can see how it works & who might fit in better.

Who would you guys like to see added? I think I'm going to submit:

Capcom:

Skull Man (Mega Man)

Blanka (Street Fighter)

Dan (The Man)

Rouge (Powerstone)

And I can't decide between Zabel, Aulbath, or Sasquatch from Darkstalkers... leaning towards Sasquatch.

Marvel:

Thanos

Carnage

Hobgoblin 2211

Paste-Pot Pete

Armadillo

Edited by Rex Dart

Punisher

Abel (from SFIV)

I would also really love to have the old controls back. When I got home last night this game was waiting on me. Its ok, but the controls make me a crazy person so far. I'm learing it though.

What really ticks me off the most is this game was clearly designed for a controller, and I spent the $150 to get a Tournament Edition Fight Stick with Street Fighter IV. You can play the game with it without major trouble, but it shows that it wasn't really designed to play with it.

So yeah, if someone wants to smash my face on xBox my gamer tag is the same as my screen name.

Edited by HatefulGravey

Punisher

Abel (from SFIV)

I would also really love to have the old controls back. When I got home last night this game was waiting on me. Its ok, but the controls make me a crazy person so far. I'm learing it though.

What really ticks me off the most is this game was clearly designed for a controller, and I spent the $150 to get a Tournament Edition Fight Stick with Street Fighter IV. You can play the game with it without major trouble, but it shows that it wasn't really designed to play with it.

So yeah, if someone wants to smash my face on xBox my gamer tag is the same as my screen name.

Agreed, I stayed away from Tatsunoko vs Capcom because of the control scheme, and this is taking just as long to get used to.

Its not *as* bad as TvC, as one button did everything, assist and tag in. Launcher was crouching H. It was lousy.

Agreed, I stayed away from Tatsunoko vs Capcom because of the control scheme, and this is taking just as long to get used to.

Its not *as* bad as TvC, as one button did everything, assist and tag in. Launcher was crouching H. It was lousy.

You still assist and tag with the same button in MvC3. Launcher is Special button now. It's as bad as TvC, but I've gotten used to it. Glad it plays fine with pads or sticks, though... I'll probably be playing it with a usb Saturn pad on my PS3.

One of my biggest remaining complaints is that so many commands have been altered. Hulk charges with a fireball motion? Web Swing is a reverse dragon punch? Smart Bomb's a dragon punch? Ooookay...glad Guile's not in here this time.

Edited by Rex Dart

You still assist and tag with the same button in MvC3. Launcher is Special button now. It's as bad as TvC, but I've gotten used to it. Glad it plays fine with pads or sticks, though... I'll probably be playing it with a usb Saturn pad on my PS3.

One of my biggest remaining complaints is that so many commands have been altered. Hulk charges with a fireball motion? Web Swing is a reverse dragon punch? Smart Bomb's a dragon punch? Ooookay...glad Guile's not in here this time.

Can I ask, as a fairly noob SF player, how were the controls of TvC bad? Was it because all the complexity was taken out? And are you saying that MvC3 is similarly easy?

I have TvC, including the fightstick they released, and I have a tricky time with it. I reckoned it was my last of experience. Could it be the game's fault and not mine?

Or are you both saying you wish it was far more complicated to pull off moves like Street Fighter IV is?

I just want clarification.

Yeah, basically a lot of complexity was taken out. Where characters previously had at least three individual standing punches, three standing kicks, three crouching punches and three crouching kicks, and so on... now they simply have three generic "attacks". That's half your standard moveset, gone. And many characters previously had several different moves to launch the enemy into the air for an air combo. Now there's just the "launch" button.

MvC3 basically IS TvC, but you have three characters on a team instead of two, and there are a couple additional gameplay elements like the mid-air tagging.

Well, the old Versus series games (MVC2 and prior) were layed out in the traditional six-button format. There really was no need to change it.

MvC2 not so much, but yeah. At least the moves were in there, just performed a little differently. Iron Man has lost his knee dive now.

Edited by Rex Dart

You're exactly right, its a faster TvC with a broken X Factor thrown in, and 3 characters instead of 2.

Felicia may not have a whole lot of combos, but her rush down is AMAZING. I had almost no life left on Felicia, so instead of doing a naked tag out, I just decided to pressure as much as I could with her.

Her spin move, then medium to trip, brought out storm's assist, dashed in, 3 quick punches, then a low kick, then roll then sweep again, then assist...

I had a complete lock down. He tried assisting with someone, got caught up with the motions as well as continueing to be blocked.

Long story short with that pressure, I took out Sentinel and another character. It was quite awesome.

Sentinel isn't nearly as effective if you can manage to sneak in and give him pressure. He's too slow to capitalize on it.

Oh yeah? I was trying her "missions" last night, so I can see how that'd work.

I've been trying to get some use out of Lei-Lei and Thor, but damn Thor's so slow. Lei-Lei's so odd and her combos are kinda tough to pull off, but I can't get over how slow they made Thor. Arthur seems like a lot of fun once I can figure him out, with all those projectiles... just wish he could dash.

Oh yeah? I was trying her "missions" last night, so I can see how that'd work.

I've been trying to get some use out of Lei-Lei and Thor, but damn Thor's so slow. Lei-Lei's so odd and her combos are kinda tough to pull off, but I can't get over how slow they made Thor. Arthur seems like a lot of fun once I can figure him out, with all those projectiles... just wish he could dash.

I actually lost hard to an arthur the other day. He activated super armor and started spamming projectiles... that are no longer blockable. But once you lose the armor he takes massive damage. Good for a 1:1 character trade death, like Sent.