IGNORED

BattleMorph!

t.skid

• 3 weeks later...

I consider cybermorph the opposite of the kind of game that you get into. I like to play a level or two once in a long while but the longer I keep playing the worse it becomes.

IMO Battlemorph improves on every aspect of the game, while also making some nice additions. I haven't really played cybermorph much since I first got my Jaguar but Battlemorph is one of my most frequently played Jaguar games.

Edited by Willard

Agreed... this is one of my favorite games for the Jag. It also just doesn't seem to play the same on the cartridge version as it does on the CD version. The CD version just seems so much more "rich"

I'm sorry, but cart and CD versions? What you said sounds like you are referring to Hover Strike, not the morph games, and while the CD version of Hover Strike is so much better it seems like a sequel, we are talking about a true sequel with Battlemorph and it should play differently and much better.

Of course Battlemorph is much "richer," they had the experience of Cybermorph and what they did wrong, and right, and the experience of how to do things better on the Jag, as well as a development cycle that might have been longer and they weren't starting from scratch. And much more room for a much more impressive game on the CD format.

Sometimes you get game play right the first time, and all there is to do is improve graphics and give you "more" like Iron Soldier, but in the case of the morph games, it's more like a reboot, like they do with Sci-Fi and Super Hero movies these days. Cybermorph was a new concept, of free roaming 3D and use of advanced polygons, and wowed people for it's graphics at the time, and the free-roaming concept that is the norm in games today.

Battlemorph took the concept and turned it into a really good game, but by then everyone was doing it on every next-gen console, so Battlemorph didn't stand out, but is a killer-app for the Jag in many Jag fan's opinions.

• Like 1

I'm sorry, but cart and CD versions? What you said sounds like you are referring to Hover Strike, not the morph games, and while the CD version of Hover Strike is so much better it seems like a sequel, we are talking about a true sequel with Battlemorph and it should play differently and much better.

Of course Battlemorph is much "richer," they had the experience of Cybermorph and what they did wrong, and right, and the experience of how to do things better on the Jag, as well as a development cycle that might have been longer and they weren't starting from scratch. And much more room for a much more impressive game on the CD format.

Sometimes you get game play right the first time, and all there is to do is improve graphics and give you "more" like Iron Soldier, but in the case of the morph games, it's more like a reboot, like they do with Sci-Fi and Super Hero movies these days. Cybermorph was a new concept, of free roaming 3D and use of advanced polygons, and wowed people for it's graphics at the time, and the free-roaming concept that is the norm in games today.

Battlemorph took the concept and turned it into a really good game, but by then everyone was doing it on every next-gen console, so Battlemorph didn't stand out, but is a killer-app for the Jag in many Jag fan's opinions.

Ugh... this is not the first time I've done this.

I don't know why I keep mixing up Hover Strike with Battlemorph....

• Like 2

Yeah, no problem. we're all on the same page now. And HS CD is almost a sequel and the difference in formats is almost like the differences between the morph sequels. (I wish there had been one more morph game so I can say "Morph Trilogy.")

In any case, Hover Strike, Cyber/Battlemorph, I-war, Aircars, Phase Zero beta, are all quite similar games so it's easy to get them mixed up.

Tanks, hovercraft and other low-flying vehicles. It's interesting the plethora the Jaguar has in this area, and more were in development. Even Iron Soldier and SkyHammer are basically the same genre. Even the 360 degree levels in Soul Star...

Edited by Gunstar

Normally I'd say you shouldn't complain about being given choices as long as the one you want is there. But I agree in regard to hoverstrike, I hated the hover steering at first but liked it once I got used to it

However, I personally can't see how anyone could put it above "average" at best :P . Absolutely no variety (played through the whole game hoping to see buildings, trees, or something... and ended up very disappointed). Plus the camera has that club-drive effect where it gets spastic every time there is a change in surface height.

Edited by Willard

Normally I'd say you shouldn't complain about being given choices as long as the one you want is there. But I agree in regard to hoverstrike, I hated the hover steering at first but liked it once I got used to it

However, I personally can't see how anyone could put it above "average" at best :P . Absolutely no variety (played through the whole game hoping to see buildings, trees, or something... and ended up very disappointed). Plus the camera has that club-drive effect where it gets spastic every time there is a change in surface height.

+1 for the original Hover Strike physics.

I think they add a unique aspect and character to what would be a VERY ordinary game. I love powersliding sideways whilst taking out enemy turret placements etc.

A good exercise in control... and fun, if you enjoy being slightly out of control, which I do :thumbsup: