IGNORED

Apple II manuals

remowilliams

I've started to add some of the Apple II stuff from my scanning backlog so I figured I'd post links here :)

post-5887-129800293006_thumb.jpg post-5887-129800293083_thumb.jpg post-5887-129800322086_thumb.jpg post-5887-129800293116_thumb.jpg post-5887-129800293042_thumb.jpg

You can view them online, or download the entire pdf (registration is required though). PDFs are OCR'ed for text searches.

Apple II Basic Programming Manual

Apple II FORTRAN

The Applesoft Tutorial

Apple IIe Owner's Manual

Apple II DOS User's Manual

• Like 10

This is very nice. Good presentation and nice large scans.

I wish they still made manuals like this. It's like they included everything (except employee scheduling) when they wrote these; only stopping when they ran out of material. Perfect! (And look at the 200.00 price tag on Fortran.)

But today the manuals are so dumbed-down you hardly learn anything. And I hate that theory-of-operation sections are not considered important today. Sure, it's nice to have a simple manual; but back then Apple accomplished both! You got the basics up front and then all the good detailed stuff that got more and more complex as you went along.

Edited by Keatah

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey, sorry to resurrect this old topic, but...I was doing an extreme cleaning of our living room and came across The Applesoft Tutorial -- pictured in the first message here -- from my wife's Apple II days when she was a little 'un...and it hit me...

Anybody know if whoever did the art for the cover also did the art for the Atari VCS/2600 labels/boxes?? Looks pretty obvious to me, but just want to confirm.

• 2 weeks later...

I've started to add some of the Apple II stuff from my scanning backlog so I figured I'd post links here :)

THANK YOU THANK YOU, Remo!!! (once again!)

This manual cover.....

post-16281-0-25358200-1355559250_thumb.jpg

.....is really cool art. This looks like the same artist's work, who illustrated the book covers and game boxes for many of the old (400/800 era) Atari products, no? Does anybody else see it? I wish I could remember which product it is that I am thinking of.