IGNORED

nes arkanoid question

You can use the NES controller, but around level 16 the game will get pretty intense and the responsiveness of the controller will be insufficient to the demands of the game play. The Vaus controller is pretty much required if you are interested in completing the game, but if you just want to play, you can certainly use the standard controller. Vaus aren't too difficult to come by if you find you really want one.

We played this at a mini game meeting at my house with some of the guys here...Ive got the Vaus controllers and that is the only way to play...! If you can find one cheap pick it up you wil not regret it...!

Makes it more fun than actualy playing the game by playing with the controller it came with..

We played this at a mini game meeting at my house with some of the guys here...Ive got the Varus controllers and that is the only way to play...! If you can find one cheap pick it up you wil not regret it...!

Makes it more fun than actualy playing the game by playing with the controller it came with..

I thought it came with the Vaus controller (or, is this NOT a misspelling, and there is also something called the "Varus controller", which I can't find any information on)?

One can reasonably play Arkanoid with the NES d-pad, but how far would you like to progress?

Same way with Doh It Again on SNES. Why did they not release a Vaus controller for SNES to go along with that game? If only someone made a NES to SNES controller adapter that allowed me to use my NES Vaus controller on the SNES...

• 2 years later...

Same way with Doh It Again on SNES. Why did they not release a Vaus controller for SNES to go along with that game? If only someone made a NES to SNES controller adapter that allowed me to use my NES Vaus controller on the SNES...

Bit of a bump but I believe the SNES mouse will work with Doh it Again, I know its not the same as a paddle or vaus controller but it might be worth a shot. I don't own a mouse so I can't speak on how accurate it is, but according to the Wiki, there is mouse support in Doh.

Yes - SNES version is the BEST REASON FOR OWNING THE SNES MOUSE.

But back to the NES version: The Vaus controller is awesome, works great, and is definitely worth owning - even if it's only for ONE game - if you like Arkanoid. I love Arkanoid, and the Atari ST version with mouse control is the one I'm most familiar with. The Vaus controller on the NES affords the same GREAT control. You have to shop around to find one, affordably.