IGNORED

GameGavel 3rd Anniversary Sales Contest!

oldgames

Another great anniversary contest brought to you by GameGavel and oldgames!

Let’s celebrate GameGavel’s 3rd Anniversary With a Contest!

Contest:

During March 2011, sell $50 or more of items on GameGavel and have your name entered in a drawing to win $50 credit toward a GameGavel purchase.

2 prizes will be awarded. One is provided by seller oldgames (me) good for $50 toward purchases from seller oldgames. Another prize will be provided by Mike at GameGavel and will be good for $50 toward any purchase from SoCalMike or biggamehunter.

If at any time during March 2011, the number on listings on GameGavel exceeds 5,000 each prize sponsor will award a second identical prize so that there would be a total of 4 winners instead of 2.

Rules:

1. All sales, auction or fixed price are eligible to count toward the contest.

2. Mike, the GameGavel owner, will determine eligibility. Once you have sold $50 worth, simply message me (oldgames) and I will send the list of qualifiers to Mike. He will verify your sales total and enter your name in the drawing.

3. Mike will also do the drawing for the winners.

4. One entry per member.

5. Prize must be used within 30 days of the announcement of winners

6. Prize must be used on a single order. Multiple items may be purchased on this single order.

FAQ:

Do relists count?

Yes, any sale during March 2011 will count toward your $50.

If I sell $100 worth do I get 2 entries?

No, each member that qualifies will be entered one time. All members who qualify will have an equal chance to win.

Why is this based on sales rather than # of listings?

This is to encourage listings at reasonable prices that will generate sales. As traffic to the site grows, having a good variety of reasonably priced items is very important.

Why is the prize only good for purchases from these sellers?

We’re providing the prizes, so this is the best way for us to handle the prize.

Who is eligible?

Any GameGavel member in good standing (fees paid up to date) with the following exclusions: Contest Sponsor: (oldgames) and GameGavel Owner: (gamegavel, biggamehunter, socalmike).

I want to give GameGavel a try, but I’m not a member yet. How do I sign up?

Go to www.gamegavel.com and click on the Register link at the top of the page. In order to sell, you’ll need to have a credit card on file.

What items can I list for this contest?

Any items permitted on GameGavel are eligible to count toward this contest.

If I win, what can I buy with my prize?

For the prize provided by oldgames you can choose any items listed by oldgames. There are no exclusions. You may apply the prize to multiple items, but they must all be purchased on a single order within 30 days of contest end.

For the prize provided by GameGavel, you may choose any items listed by SoCalMike or biggamehunter.

How do I claim my prize if I win?

Once you have sold $50 or more during March 2011, simply message me and I will send your entry to Mike to verify your sales total and enter your name in the drawing.

Winners will be notified during the first 2 weeks of April 2011. Once this notification is sent, you will have 30 days to place a GameGavel order with the designated contest sponsor totaling $50.00 or more (including shipping charges). The $50.00 will be deducted from the total of the invoice for this order and you will pay the balance, if any, by either PayPal or US postal service money order as with any other purchase.

You would think that someone would put a big honking

"SELL YOUR ITEMS NOW"

button on the front page. I've not used GG for nearly a year.

Took me 10 minutes to figure out you have to get the link from "my account."

I know the goal is to be an eBay alternative, but IMHO the interface is too alien to an eBayer.

AX

• Like 1

I listed a few things (2600, 7800, Colecovision) I just picked up at a local used game store. Looking to circulate them among the collecting community more than making any real money.

Outstanding, purduecrum! Just message me here, on Gamegavel, or on Gamegavel forums once you get to $50 in sales.

Dave

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Last Call! If you've sold $50.00 worth on GameGavel during March and haven't messaged me yet, please do so.

I'll be sending the final list to Mike on Monday April 4th and the drawing will take place soon after that. Winners will be notified by email.

Good Luck, everyone!

Ladies and Gentlemen! We have a winner! (2 winners actually)

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The winner of the prize furnished by oldgames (me) is cremorecs! Cremorecs, I have sent you a GameGavel message. Let me know what you're interested in.

The winner of the prize furnished by Mike (GameGavel) is synbiosfan.

Synbiosfan, Mike will communicate with you.

Congratulations to both winners!