IGNORED

fake e-mail from ebay??

Rick Weis

Hi Everyone,

i just received 2 e-mails in the last 24 hours what "looks" to be from ebay but i don't think it is!! it's asking me IF i forgot my password go to this link to change it! i've looked over ebay and i'm not sure where to forward this e-mail so they can check it out! (if ebay would even check it out that is!!) does anyone know the e-mail address to where to forward it to at ebay?

has anyone else here just received these e-mails lately?

take care, and Thanks for your help.

Rick

i just received 2 e-mails in the last 24 hours what "looks" to be from ebay but i don't think it is!! it's asking me IF i forgot my password go to this link to change it!  i've looked over ebay and i'm not sure where to forward this e-mail so they can check it out! (if ebay would even check it out that is!!) does anyone know the e-mail address to where to forward it to at ebay?

Absolutely do not follow that link to change your password. Messages like this are usually an attempt to harvest passwords on eBay. I would forward the message to eBay so they can take the necessary action. This is a problem eBay has been having for some time.

..Al

My mother has get some of them for some month (for a long time). But this was some stupid guys from germany (which she knows from some forums where she always talk about her hobbies). They have try to steal my mothers account from eBay. So they have try to login with some passwords.

At the beginning they have found the right password. Was an easy one. So they have buy a stupid LP from a german guy (but she has tell the seller, that her account was hacked, so she must not buy it). But nothing more happen. Know she use an other password (not so easy anymore), and all is good since a long time.

They have try it again and again, but know they have not found the password anymore, and give up.

They have too hack some other accounts too from german users.

So maybe someone has try to steal your account too, not the same guys, but maybe someone like this guy, who has sold these Rare items on eBay for some month? Better try to loging on eBay (not trough this mails), to see, that all is ok, and noone has change something. But only through the official site. Maybe someone try to hack your account. :x

Or someone, who try only too hack some accounts, and try some passwords.

Better be careful. :roll: :sad:

EBAY doesn't use the address safeharbor@ebay.com any more.

You have to go into their site, into rules & saftey, and send a message through their interface.

Sounds like it's bogus anyway, so good instinct to not do what the email said.

Also, what is the link they want you to go to?

Thanks for the info! i will inform them!! the link was or is:

http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/pass/$1$32375$...EWLf.6g78pwtv/a

Take Care,

Rick

This email came to me in the last half hour.

Dear eBay User,

During our regular update and verification of the accounts, we couldn't verify your current information. Either your information has changed or it is incomplete.

Please update and verify your information by signing in your account below :

If the account information is not updated to current information within 5 days then, your access to bid or buy on eBay will be restricted.

go to this link below:

http://www.ebay.com/acounts/memb/avncenter...?dll87443%&2213

***Please Do Not Reply To This E-Mail As You Will Not Receive A Response***

Thank you

Accounts Managent

As outlined in our User Agreement, eBay will periodically send you information about site changes and enhancements. Visit our Privacy Policy and User Agreement if you have any questions.

Copyright 2002 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.

eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc

Announcements | Register | SafeHarbor (Rules & Safety) | Feedback Forum | About eBay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copyright . 1995-2001 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.

Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the eBay User Agreement and Privacy Policy.

I have received 2 of the same type of e-mails, one which was supposed to be from Western Union and one yesterday from PayPal. If you check the source, it will tell you where it is coming from or through. Mine both were from Kuwait! And like everyone says, none of these places will ever ask you for personal information like passwords or credit cards or the like.

I got one of these e-mails to and when I forwarded it to eBay they said that it wasn't from them and that these people usually target individuals who use their email address as a username.

In an unrelated matter someone hacked into my AOL account the same day with a trojan horse and sent out 10 spam emails per person to 4100 different people. Imagine my surprise when my password got deactived and when I had to call AOL so they could give me a 15 minute speech on internet security.

I got one of these e-mails to and when I forwarded it to eBay they said that it wasn't from them and that these people usually target individuals who use their email address as a username.

In an unrelated matter someone hacked into my AOL account the same day with a trojan horse and sent out 10 spam emails per person to 4100 different people.  Imagine my surprise when my password got deactived and when I had to call AOL so they could give me a 15 minute speech on internet security.

You shoulda' given them a "verbal flogging" about internet security

Stupid AOL (The A stands for A******s)