IGNORED

Correct pronunciation of Coleco

tz101

Wayne Campbell: So, do you come to Milwaukee often?

Alice Cooper: Well, I'm a regular visitor here, but Milwaukee has certainly had its share of visitors. The French missionaries and explorers began visiting here in the late 16th century.

Pete: Hey, isn't "Milwaukee" an Indian name?

Alice Cooper: Yes, Pete, it is. In fact , it's pronounced "mill-e-wah-que" which is Algonquin for "the good land."

Wayne Campbell: I was not aware of that.

:D

AX

:lol:

Yep, but if you drive all the native speakers out of their rightful land by force, apparently you earn the right to pronounce their language however you chose to! :D Kind of like if Atari had bought out Coleco, they could have pronounced it "fumblebutt" if they wanted to.

I live in Waukesha County, and I'm always having to listen to phone reps say Wah-KEY-shaw. It always cracks me up.

A couple of posts were posted after I started writing my last post. So I'll respond to those by saying that I think it's perfectly acceptable to pronounce it "Ko-leh-ko" if that's how it's correctly pronounced in your native tongue.

Exactly. This whole thing was about what is the correct US-English pronunciation (since it's a US-based company). It seemed to me that that should be sort of obviously implied in the context. And there absolutely is one, since it's a proper name. I think your posts pretty much nailed it.

I think Ax nailed it, to be honest... especially that HOT blonde dressed all in white. Where the hell is this car wash because my "car" can definetly use a good polishing!

AOTS-Star-Wars-Charity-Car-Wash-on-Sat-424.jpg

Star-Wars-Charity-Car-Wash.jpg

AX

A couple of posts were posted after I started writing my last post. So I'll respond to those by saying that I think it's perfectly acceptable to pronounce it "Ko-leh-ko" if that's how it's correctly pronounced in your native tongue.

Exactly. This whole thing was about what is the correct US-English pronunciation (since it's a US-based company). It seemed to me that that should be sort of obviously implied in the context. And there absolutely is one, since it's a proper name. I think your posts pretty much nailed it.

I think Ax nailed it, to be honest... especially that HOT blonde dressed all in white. Where the hell is this car wash because my "car" can definetly use a good polishing!

AOTS-Star-Wars-Charity-Car-Wash-on-Sat-424.jpg

Star-Wars-Charity-Car-Wash.jpg

AX

You are my hero, Ax! I just realized something... is polishing pronounced:

:arrow: "pa"-"lish"-"ing" as in to polish a car

or

:arrow: "po"-"lish"-"ing" as in the Polish language

Guess being half Polish complicates matters for me! :roll:

Edited by NIAD
  • Like 1

One more before this thread dies a horrible death.

Ok so I go to an Egyptian exhibit at the Royal Ontario Museum. Its here that I learn that I've been mispronouncing Tutankhamun all these years. How they know, I cant imagine. Maybe mummies speak.

Anyway its like Toot-an-common not Tuhtanhkamun but I have never heard, not ever King Toot (except for my cousin who has a gas problem)

So my point is...more carwash pics.

One more before this thread dies a horrible death.

Ok so I go to an Egyptian exhibit at the Royal Ontario Museum. Its here that I learn that I've been mispronouncing Tutankhamun all these years. How they know, I cant imagine. Maybe mummies speak.

Anyway its like Toot-an-common not Tuhtanhkamun but I have never heard, not ever King Toot (except for my cousin who has a gas problem)

So my point is...more carwash pics.

So is it Co-Lee-Co-Nut, Cole-Conut (coconut) or Cah-leh-coh? ;)

At least you learned to say it "correctly"--Parker Brothers went so far as to spell it wrong. Well, I guess it was Konami that screwed it up first but still...

b_Tutankham_front.jpg

i think whoever names a thing gets to say how the name is pronounced.

also:

From beautiful babes washing cars to Pulaski. Now that's just mean. :D

Think of it as a cold shower.

AX

clearly you've never read my Dr. Pulaski/Captain Janeway erotic fan fic - starsex voyer-her: the sexy planet of sexy sex

These Storm Troopers have their guns out.

How about a nice little video?

AX

My wife would like to "THANK YOU" Ax for providing the inspiration for me to turn off the computer at a decent enough hour to leave time for some serious exploration in the bedroom... usually it takes an extended power outage.

She sends her love. :love: :lust: :love:

And now I see you have provided a video!!!

Edited by NIAD

Damn! Damn! DAMN! Where does a guy have to go to get his car washed like that?

It may be entertaining to watch, but they seem to be washing the same parts of the car over and over, not doing the wheels where they really get grimy, and (can't tell for sure, but) probably are scratching the paint with their "clothes". I actually prefer that they wash someone else's car, or better yet, maybe a motorcycle.

Damn! Damn! DAMN! Where does a guy have to go to get his car washed like that?

It may be entertaining to watch, but they seem to be washing the same parts of the car over and over, not doing the wheels where they really get grimy, and (can't tell for sure, but) probably are scratching the paint with their "clothes". I actually prefer that they wash someone else's car, or better yet, maybe a motorcycle.

OR.... my rocket.

[puts 3-d glasses on]

662745453_5786320145_z.jpg

AX

That would be a cool CV console, but looks very fake to me. It looks like a picture of a cat (or other furry animal) digitally overlayed on top of the black parts of the CV. If you look at the sniny stickers, it's there, when I think they wouldn't hold the paint. Then the white paper sticker on the top also shows the image, but only on the black letters. Pretty implausible.

Sorry, Mirage.

Edited by SlowCoder