IGNORED

Purple ColecoVision Box ?

NIAD

?&&%$%? !!!!

That's a prototype box!!! icon_mrgreen.gificon_lust.gificon_lust.gif

I WANT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This would be a nice addition to the museum!

Soooo, J-F, guess what the next reproduction box you should make is. icon_lust.gif

Just wait, soon there will be a "NOTE" added to the auction saying either: "NOTE: BOX NOT INCLUDED IN SALE" or "THE BOX SOLD LOCALLY" or "I LOST THE BOX", something along those lines.....I hope the seller does not fall prey to these side-dealers that have been rampant lately!

(Not saying NIAD posting it will cause that to happen, just saying the side-dealers have been thick on eBay as of late it seems)

• Like 2

?&&%$%? !!!!

That's a prototype box!!! :D :lust: :lust:

I WANT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This would be a nice addition to the museum!

So, did you get it?

Just wait, soon there will be a "NOTE" added to the auction saying either: "NOTE: BOX NOT INCLUDED IN SALE" or "THE BOX SOLD LOCALLY" or "I LOST THE BOX", something along those lines.....I hope the seller does not fall prey to these side-dealers that have been rampant lately!

(Not saying NIAD posting it will cause that to happen, just saying the side-dealers have been thick on eBay as of late it seems)

Trust me when I say that if the joysticks had the mentioned Speed Roller on them... I WOULD HAVE BEEN ATTEMPTING TO STRIKE A SIDE DEAL!

Can't believe I never payed attention to the purple box in the Arnold Greenberg picture with the Donkey Kong box. Guess my attention was always focused on the DK Box.

The final auction price should be very interesting to see and hopefully the seller will let the auction run it's course.

All I ask is that if the winner is an AAer to make a nice big scan or picture.

AX

That would be nice, otherwise it will probably disappear like so many other prototypes have... Energy Quizz, Power Grabber, Masters of the Universe (for legal reasons), Ice Castle, Missile Command, etc. etc.! Hopefully one of these days some of these will be shared with the rest of the community as well as CAT S.O.S.

We shall see.

All I ask is that if the winner is an AAer to make a nice big scan or picture.

AX

That would be nice, otherwise it will probably disappear like so many other prototypes have... Energy Quizz, Power Grabber, Masters of the Universe (for legal reasons), Ice Castle, Missile Command, etc. etc.! Hopefully one of these days some of these will be shared with the rest of the community as well as CAT S.O.S.

We shall see.

Yeah, agree That's sad that so many prototypes are own by peoples but not revealed even as video clip or screenshots :(

Bah, probably just been colored in with a purple marker :cool:

So this is something new, that none of you all have? Cool!

Yep! Can't imagine that too many of these exist after all the years that have gone by. It makes sense that the seller is located in Connecticut as well (only about an hour away from West Hartford) and probably worked for/or knew someone that worked for Coleco.

Somebody is trying to get the item out of ebay. :x And i think i guess who he is from information seller gave me.

That 's not really cool behavior. :sad:

That box is sweet. I guess $600 final price. If the controllers had the spinners I would guess around $2000.

Somebody is trying to get the item out of ebay. :x And i think i guess who he is from information seller gave me.

Agreed. I'm hoping the seller lets this run to the end. I told them yesterday that people will likely try to get this cheap and get them to side deal it. They thanked me as I don't think they quite knew what they had on their hands. I'm curious to see how this one finishes up.

Agreed. I'm hoping the seller lets this run to the end. I told them yesterday that people will likely try to get this cheap and get them to side deal it. They thanked me as I don't think they quite knew what they had on their hands. I'm curious to see how this one finishes up.

I haven't said anything despite really wanting to, considering the harassment and accusations leveled on me the last time I felt I still had freedom of speech.

AX

My two cents: I agree that, for the sellers sake, I hope he/she lets the auction run its course. After all, for a rare item such as this, an auction is really the best way to determine value.

However, as a buyer/capitalist, if I wanted that box, you can rest assurred that I'd be contacting the seller to see if a side deal can be reached. It's the smart thing to do....again, from the buyer's standpoint.

Anyhow, my guess is that with all the interest, the seller won't know be making any side deals (unless their high-ball bids), so it looks as if we'll all be able to see the market value of a prototype Colecovision box!

300th post woohoo. :)

He updated the auction about the box. So the console itself is the same as a regular one?

I personally wouldn't care anything about the console, I just want the box. I would give $200 for the empty box with Styrofoam insert. The console likely works half-ass like nearly every console out there that hasn't been refurbished.

Someone will have a sweetheart proto box and probably stash it away without showing photos of the back and sides. The seller must be getting hammered with messages, he told me he won't even send additional pics of the box because "some other collector told me not to"