IGNORED

Purple ColecoVision Box ?

NIAD

I personally wouldn't care anything about the console, I just want the box. I would give $200 for the empty box with Styrofoam insert. The console likely works half-ass like nearly every console out there that hasn't been refurbished.

Someone will have a sweetheart proto box and probably stash it away without showing photos of the back and sides. The seller must be getting hammered with messages, he told me he won't even send additional pics of the box because "some other collector told me not to"

Unless there is something wrong with part of the box you cant see? Sure would hope not.

Edited by coyo5050

he told me he won't even send additional pics of the box because "some other collector told me not to"

From a certain point of view, it is better. It will avoid some fake behing produced.

Personally, i'm not too much interrested by the box or the console. But i would love find Controller with the "speed roller" . :lust: :lust: :lust:

But i would love find Controller with the "speed roller" . :lust: :lust: :lust:

One such controller did pop up on eBay several years ago. And I would have been the high bidder too if eBay hadn't gone on the fritz during the last few seconds. This was during the somewhat "early" days of eBay, back when their servers could become oversaturated when too many people accessed the site simultaneously.

I just think it would look slick as a banner or wall scroll. Clearly someone intends to win and not share it's beauty. More power to them. :roll: The community becomes less and less friendly. If anyone wants pics or scans of anything I own at any point, any aspect so long as it isn't the contents of a sealed item, if it is within my power, feel free to ask and I'll accommodate you.

AX

300th post woohoo. :)

He updated the auction about the box. So the console itself is the same as a regular one?

I personally wouldn't care anything about the console, I just want the box. I would give $200 for the empty box with Styrofoam insert. The console likely works half-ass like nearly every console out there that hasn't been refurbished.

Someone will have a sweetheart proto box and probably stash it away without showing photos of the back and sides. The seller must be getting hammered with messages, he told me he won't even send additional pics of the box because "some other collector told me not to"

While you are probably right about most CVs that are out there to be had, I have bought three other CVs (besides the two refurb/modified systems I bought from you) as part of large packages and they have all worked pretty darn good with the exception of a flacky hand controller or two that when taken apart and cleaned... worked good, but not like your refurbed controllers. Guess a lot just depends on the amount of TLC the previous owner gave to it. BTW, all three extra systems have found themselves new homes and maybe even one of them has found it's way to your door to be modded!

It would be very sad if the eventual winner just stashed the box away and does not share images of the sides and back with all the CV fans out there... but when you own something, it's your right to do whatever you want with it. :x :x :x

Sad that some of these hardcore collectors have to react in such a way. It's always been my contention, especially after all these years have passed, that things should be more openly shared especially considering what BIG fans of the system and Coleco we obviously all are. I did my part in the 80's and early 90's to see protos/unreleased items made available to the masses and if I am lucky enough to come across anything of worth/interest, I will do the same again and only ask for a "thanks" or a "+1" in return.

As far as your guesstimate on the final auction price (if the auction runs it's full course)... I'm thinking $750! Maybe Retroillucid could sponsor a game of "The Price is Right" for this auction and the winner get's a free Side Trak cart. :D :D :D

As far as your guesstimate on the final auction price (if the auction runs it's full course)... I'm thinking $750! Maybe Retroillucid could sponsor a game of "The Price is Right" for this auction and the winner get's a free Side Trak cart. :D :D :D

I'm not sure I understand right.... :ponder:

Could you explain?

A lottery where people guess what it goes for, and you give them something free for being correct :D

AX

Could you explain?

A lottery where people guess what it goes for, and you give them something free for being correct :D

AX

I see....

Could you explain?

Charge a fee of $1 per guess and the person who comes the closest to the final auction price wins a Side Trak cart.

I, for one, would rather have the finished Side Trak game when it is released than a box... even though this proto box has A LOT of historical value.

BTW, anyone ever come across ADAM game protos for "The Price is Right" or "Wheel of Fortune". Through the years I heard some claims from reliable sources that Wheel of Fortune did exist, but all roads eventually lead to a dead end. :(

I'm saying $2k. I'm 99% certain it won't be under $1k. :)

I doubt it hits a $1000.

I mean after all it's only a cool box. May be the only significant difference is that it is Purple instead of gray.

Personally if I where going to spend a grand, I would rather offer $200 a piece for some of the hard to get CIB games. LIke Jungle Hunt, Q*Bert Qubes, Spectrom, Spy Hunter, Up n Down

The sad thing about those auction is....

This's clearly not how much you LOVE that system.... oh no...

This's how deep your pockets are....

Well.... :roll:

Might be someone with a lot of money that plans to flip it.

I'm saying $2k. I'm 99% certain it won't be under $1k. icon_smile.gif

I doubt it hits a $1000.

I mean after all it's only a cool box. May be the only significant difference is that it is Purple instead of gray.

Personally if I where going to spend a grand, I would rather offer $200 a piece for some of the hard to get CIB games. LIke Jungle Hunt, Q*Bert Qubes, Spectrom, Spy Hunter, Up n Down

$200 a piece won't get you many of those games unless you are lucky to get an ebay sale and not many people bidding. I offered $300 to someone for a CIB of Jungle Hunt and she replied I am not giving it away for cheap.