IGNORED

Purple ColecoVision Box ?

NIAD

Its obviously been spotted by the hard cores.

What I dont understand is it doesnt appear to be a numbers match console and box.

And as has been noted here,the console is probably crapola.

So,the auction is for the box with a console included.And from the guys initial ad,and the "help" he is getting,there may be more to the story.....

But,thats not chump change in the bid column,over $900....wow

I'm saying $2k. I'm 99% certain it won't be under $1k. :)

I think now that it is over $900, it will plateau somewhat until close to auction close time then snipers will jack it up to $1500 final.

Ummm, for a box ....

Anyone want to trek over to Connecticut this summer for a week of garage sale huntings?

We could knock on doors.

"Uhh, hullo. You dont know me but you got any purple boxes in the garage?"

I'm saying $2k. I'm 99% certain it won't be under $1k. :)

I think now that it is over $900, it will plateau somewhat until close to auction close time then snipers will jack it up to $1500 final.

Ummm, for a box ....

Anyone want to trek over to Connecticut this summer for a week of garage sale huntings?

We could knock on doors.

"Uhh, hullo. You dont know me but you got any purple boxes in the garage?"

Yeah, that's a load of cash for a box

But hey, that box is so sweet though

NOW! From the makers of other crap comes...

PURPLE TINTED SUNGLASSESTM!

For a fraction of the cost you would expect to pay for purple eBay items...

bono-549-bulgari-blue-purple-lens.jpg

You can not only protect yourself from the suns harmful UV rays

AND

be as cool at that Geezer Bono...

BUT!!! Wait there's more!

Not only will your Coleco Collection look purple...

SO WILL ...

hot-animated.gif

1980's CHICKS!!!

purplecoleco.jpg

ORDER TODAY!

BLACK FLYS BLACK FRAMES, PURPLE (UV400)LENSES #5

BLACK FRAMES, CUSTOM PURPLE (UV400)LENSES

IT COMES WITH ORIGINAL CASE AND CLEANING CLOTH

IN STOCK READY TO BE SHIPPED

JUST $ 95.00

FREE DOMESTIC SHIPPING ($ 25.00 International shipping)

I probably shouldn't be saying this but, from what I see on the box in that ebay picture, it wouldn't be that hard to mock-up a very close replica (image wise). I would just need good (i.e. high res) scans of a standard ColecoVision box (The cleaner the box the better). From what I see they look pretty close. Unfortunately, I don't know how different the sides and back of the purple box is from the standard. I guess I would need a couple scans of the controllers with the rollers in them too. For some reason I thought I had some but I can't find them. :?

I probably shouldn't be saying this but, from what I see on the box in that ebay picture, it wouldn't be that hard to mock-up a very close replica (image wise). I would just need good (i.e. high res) scans of a standard ColecoVision box (The cleaner the box the better). From what I see they look pretty close. Unfortunately, I don't know how different the sides and back of the purple box is from the standard. I guess I would need a couple scans of the controllers with the rollers in them too. For some reason I thought I had some but I can't find them. :?

Yes, it could be reproduced easily with good scans

Here's a pic of the speed roller controller

post-11933-129901934728_thumb.png

Yes, but I don't need scans of the purple box, just the standard gray ColecoVision box. I could fudge the rest. ;)

BTW, thanks for the pic of the controller.

Edited by pboland

Here's what I, an amateur, was able to do. I didn't want to spend too much time with it.

A pro should be able to change the black lettering to white which I didn't want to spend time perfecting.

Also, the text below the unit and Donkey Kong in lower right would have to be modified.

Maybe Brian O could download what I started and see what finishing touches he can put on it?

post-22552-12990296417_thumb.jpg

Edited by rmaerz

I doubt it hits a $1000.

I mean after all it's only a cool box. May be the only significant difference is that it is Purple instead of gray.

Personally if I where going to spend a grand, I would rather offer $200 a piece for some of the hard to get CIB games. LIke Jungle Hunt, Q*Bert Qubes, Spectrom, Spy Hunter, Up n Down

Let a Jungle Hunt box go oh 10 years ago... for 'a song' - still regret that...

My guess is $1000-$1200 (for a BOX - good grief!)

Hope it's not me that pays the price....

Well I suppose they had to be real... I just never expected to see a photo of one. Is that your controller J-F? That is so suweet. :thumbsup:

Well I suppose they had to be real... I just never expected to see a photo of one. Is that your controller J-F? That is so suweet. :thumbsup:

Here's some more pics of the proto hand controller with speed roller... thanks to ColecoVision Zone/Junior for making these available. Really have to spend some time on his website and follow all the links as there is a lot of great stuff on there!!

post-25956-12991041808_thumb.jpg

post-25956-12991041901_thumb.jpg

post-25956-129910430721_thumb.jpg