IGNORED

Purple ColecoVision Box ?

NIAD

... but with J-F having the box now, he has the luxury of making hi quality scans available, or sitting on it, or whatever he chooses. I don't see it as being any different than people offering color copies of flyers, or even all the autographed pictures.

I'll soon scan the whole box, and vectorize it

Then, I'll choose whatever is best for the CV fans

I'll not try to make cash out of this box, I'm already happy to have it, so I'll share with fans and will choose which is best

J-F - just curious, what software will you use to vectorise your scans?

Photoshop

Well, ya know J-F, there *IS* a chance for you to capitalize on your investment here... While I know some will frown on it, you could do CLEARLY MARKED repro boxes that have potential to look nicer than the original, and help you recoup some of the MAJOR expense of acquiring the box. :) It's not like you don't have box experience. lol I think I'd pay around $30 or so for a repro box just as a novelty.

Just a thought. :)

Well, ya know J-F, there *IS* a chance for you to capitalize on your investment here... While I know some will frown on it, you could do CLEARLY MARKED repro boxes that have potential to look nicer than the original, and help you recoup some of the MAJOR expense of acquiring the box. :) It's not like you don't have box experience. lol I think I'd pay around $30 or so for a repro box just as a novelty.

Just a thought. :)

Good thinking Murph.

Better yet a 1/4 or 1/3 scale reproduction that is identical other than size. You could make a replica of the original too so that they can be displayed side by side. For that matter the roller controller, steering wheel and expansion module #1 could all be made as mini boxes.

• Like 1

Better yet a 1/4 or 1/3 scale reproduction that is identical other than size. You could make a replica of the original too so that they can be displayed side by side. For that matter the roller controller, steering wheel and expansion module #1 could all be made as mini boxes.

I also had this idea, using other size of box (Exp Module 1 or 3)

Great idea actually! :)

I also had this idea, using other size of box (Exp Module 1 or 3)

Great idea actually! :)

How about this for an idea...

A cartridge that is a history of coleco with pictures, music, and text... kind of a sample of your new site, promoting and or commemorating it. Then package it in one of those mini-proto-repro boxes.

AX

I think it's curious that it states that Expansion Module #3 is for expanding it into a personal computer. This being a prototype box, it shows that they had planned the ADAM module all along, and not as an 11th hour substitute for the SGM.

A keyboard was planned for the SuperGame Module wich will expand it into a computer

At one point, I think Coleco had planned to release both Adam & SuperGame Module but they abandonned the SuperGame Module due to the the poor responsive wafer drive, or should I say the wafer tapes...

The wafer drive were even used in the first Adam prototype

• 8 months later...

I always wondered when Coleco did removed the Speed Roller from the regular Controller.....

That's what lead them to not use the Purple Box System after all .......

I received alot of Official Coleco Press Release from Curt Vendal ( thanks Curt ;) )

Actually, one did catch my eyes......

From June 1, 1982 ,

The second area of speriority is that of player control.

Colecovision features a unique speed control roller that offers more precise control over the game action ......

ColecoVision get released in August, 1982...... wich lead me to think they removed the speed roller and use Silver Box System about a month before the official release

So, that was truly a last minute change after all.......

Edited by retroillucid