IGNORED

Finishing "The Eidolon"

twh/f2

Howdy *.*!

Did somebody finish Lucasfilms "The Eidolon"? How much l levels were there to explore? What is the ending scene? For a few days I read a preview articel form an old c64-magazine. Are there any differences between the conversion to the xl/xe version? Which version was better?

• 3 weeks later...

From what I remember the last dragon has many heads - one from each of teh previous dragons - I *think* I defeated it, but that was in 1985, so forgive my hazy memories...

One thing I do remember is that putting my 800xl on the floor and using my foot to grab energy balls as I fired was about the only way to win!!!

sTeVE

Steve? ;) your method shows real passion...1985... glory days... and where are the games nowadays where the player is doing such things... (i remember people cheating decathlon with prepared joysticks...)

i found eidolon or koronis rift hard to play without a manual... ;) (koronis - which item does what... and eidolon which color of the balls does what as well...)

hve

i remember "Raiders of the lost arc" for the 2600 which utilitised 2 joysticks...

Yeah... The EIDOLON

One of the best Games on the 8-Bit. But, once played thru you knowed, that this was a real short do ;) But the first game that played sound while loading leveldata.

Decathlon was really easy when the ST Mouse arrived. With slow moving to the left and the right,you're allways the first ;)

• 1 month later...

hey can u post those maps, or are they already posted somewhere? I'd love to see them!

I beat this game as a kid, but I don't feel like taking the time to map it again to beat it :-)

One of my all-time favorite early games, and imho, the first real 3d fps. Finally tracked down an original for myself again a few months ago. Had to own it :-)

I'll 3rd that on the Maps :)

I just got me (in mail) today me 800XL (woohoo)

and I found The Eidolon in a pile of C64 disks that were compatible with the 800 (er, 1 side C64, 1 side 800)

Screen is way too fuzzy for me to start playing so I can't really give it a go yet... (damn I hate RF for VIDEO)

:)

Clint Thompson

:P

Howdy *.*!

Did somebody finish Lucasfilms "The Eidolon"? How much l levels were there to explore? What is the ending scene? For a few days I read a preview articel form an old c64-magazine. Are there any differences between the conversion to the xl/xe version? Which version was better?

Just thought you should know; in the case of 8-bit Lucasfilm games, i.e. Rescue on Fractalus, BallBlazer, Eidolon, and Koronis Rift, the ATARI versions are the ORIGINALS and all the rest are ports, not the other way around. The Atari versions are also the best! 8)

• 4 years later...
Just in case you're still interested you can checkout a longplay (rared avi) of me completing the game. It's from the C64 version so please bear with me ;)

wow!! that was cool! Now I wish to see the ending of the atari version. I better start playing now. ... yay... my life has sense again!!!! :-)

thank you, great work!!

grtx,

\twh

Howdy *.*!

Ya, I finished it about 20 years ago. Don't remember the end tho. All I remember is fighting dragon after dragon after dragon. I think I broke my joystick playing that game. Memoreeeze...

• 2 weeks later...

For those who had a few problems finishing certain games (me included) there is a C64 site (ok, its the opposition but near enough) that has video's of games being played all the way thru. Eidolon is in there too.

http://www.c64-longplays.de.vu/

THere's also an Amiga site for the same stuff if anyone is interested..

For those who had a few problems finishing certain games (me included) there is a C64 site (ok, its the opposition but near enough) that has video's of games being played all the way thru. Eidolon is in there too.

Actually, I'd already linked to it twice in this thread ;)

Please link to http://www.c64-longplays.de instead which is now the official domain. Thx.

Ah, The Eidolon and Koronis Rift... I remember defeating Eidolon many years ago and oddly enough I still remember the ending. The last cavern had you going around in a zig zag in a mostly black cave until you came upon the multi-headed dragon. Once you defeated that one, there was a short animated sequence which I thought was rather anticlimactic, especially given what you had to go through to get there! :P At least it wasn't as bad as Rainbow Walker's ending. :x

As far as Koronis Rift goes, I remember playing that one all the way to level 20 and defeating the guardian saucers only to have... absolutely nothing happen. The manual hints at an ending (a massive technology dump! woo hoo!), but I don't know if such a thing was actually coded into the game--which is shame considering just how cool that game is. 8)

• 4 years later...