IGNORED

7800 Serial Number List

Crazymoon67

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just saw this list for the first time, so here is the info on my two A7800's:

Unit 1: A1775936329 (with expansion interface, A/V mod, and Blue LED)

Unit 2: A1725061842 (with expansion interface and A/V mod).

• 3 weeks later...

Just so I know, can we read, say this:

AT84 62528 -SeaGtGruff

AT84 62542 -godzillajoe

As likely meaning those two consoles were in spitting distance of each other on the assembly line? Or do the numbers not actually follow each other that closely?

Just so I know, can we read, say this:

As likely meaning those two consoles were in spitting distance of each other on the assembly line? Or do the numbers not actually follow each other that closely?

I think for the shells the answer is yes. However, the motherboards were on a different schedule. I have another thread where I tested a ton of 7800 consoles and opened em up to see the date of the motherboards. The date of the motherboards doesn't necessarily follow the date of the shell in chronological order.

A good guess is that the shells were manufactured on a schedule with stickers applied and motherboards were made somewhere else. Then they would be assembled. Therefore the "oldest" shell may not necessarily have the "oldest" motherboard.

Check out how close the one Trebor just posted (A1 88 5425515) with the one right above it. Just three away!

Check out how close the one Trebor just posted (A1 88 5425515) with the one right above it. Just three away!

Hi toymailman...

The one right above A1 88 5425515 is A1 74 5876442.

What do you mean by "just three away"?

Also, I noticed on the list A1 88 5425515 is listed as being a part of the units without an "Expansion Interface". That would be incorrect.

The system has a complete Expansion Module Interface.

Hi toymailman...

The one right above A1 88 5425515 is A1 74 5876442.

What do you mean by "just three away"?

Also, I noticed on the list A1 88 5425515 is listed as being a part of the units without an "Expansion Interface". That would be incorrect.

The system has a complete Expansion Module Interface.

In the listing on Post #1 the one right above yours is...

A1 88 5425512 -jalidi

A1 88 5425515 -Trebor (with Expansion Interface)

There is only a difference of 3.

Also, this A1 88 unit is quite an odd duck to have an expansion interface so late in the game. By the serial number the shell was likely made in August 1988 which is long after the interface was dropped. Some units have a hole but no actual port inside and others have a port, but was covered up with a shell that has no hole. This must be one where the stars aligned and a unit with an interface was put out at this late date. Cool.

• Like 1

In the listing on Post #1 the one right above yours is...

A1 88 5425512 -jalidi

A1 88 5425515 -Trebor (with Expansion Interface)

There is only a difference of 3.

Also, this A1 88 unit is quite an odd duck to have an expansion interface so late in the game. By the serial number the shell was likely made in August 1988 which is long after the interface was dropped. Some units have a hole but no actual port inside and others have a port, but was covered up with a shell that has no hole. This must be one where the stars aligned and a unit with an interface was put out at this late date. Cool.

Awesome...thanks for clarifying and explaining. Just to confirm too, it is the full interface. The hole and complete port (Just like my A1 74 5876442) is present.

Just so everyone gets it, I have to believe it's pretty long odds that the system shells would be that close, so it is pretty impressive in a way. I mean, even though the system didn't set the world on fire, we're still talking MILLIONS of units. Something like 3000 times one thousand units rolling off the assembly line. And of those then you have to have ones that are still around a quarter of a century later. And the people who own those units have to still be interested enough in them to talk about them online. And then the people have to want to talk about them here in particular. And they have to be some of the few people who actually listed their serial numbers. It's actually prety long odds finding matches within 20, let alone within 3.

The two that are three apart, did you guys get them from an online retailer at some point perhaps?

Edited by Atarifever
  • Like 1

The two that are three apart, did you guys get them from an online retailer at some point perhaps?

The 7800 systems I have now have been acquired over the last couple of years.

I lost my entire classic games and systems collection (~30 years worth) a couple of years prior to that.

My "new" stuff was purchased from a variety of sources/places.

• 3 weeks later...

This is my other 7800. I have 3 in total now; this is the one I have out, third is packed away somewhere.

This one has no expansion interface and there are no markings that it ever was there (I understand on some you can see an outline where it would be, not so on this one).

This was my first 7800, found "in the wild." It had a pebble jammed in the cartridge port; popped it out with a tiny screwdriver, and it's worked ever since.

post-1990-0-79268100-1377414518_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...