IGNORED

7800 Serial Number List

Crazymoon67

Just getting into the 7800. I couldn't convince my parents to upgrade my 2600 to a 5200 or 7800.

So I am doing it now. Stumbled upon this one today. Very clean unit - Haven't tested it yet. But metal strip is pretty clean. Only on really big dent. And I didn't know it was there when I bought because the PS & Controllers where shrink wrapped over that section.

I am fine with it. It is cleaner than 2 others I was considering on ebay that were really scratched up.

It does have an Expansion Port.

Here is my Serial- Label is a little jacked up. But I think you can sort it out.

9BC33FD9-2042-48D3-B2E2-C294DA072A64_zps

Edited by groundtrooper

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just acquired this CIB 7800 w/Expansion Port from eightbit here on AA. I don't know if he ever listed it here. But I own it now so here it is.

72R4BR A1715015499

C4A52D8E-8D10-434A-92A1-2BA1E54EF2F2_zps

I have one more that I am gonna be a guinea pig on getting an HDMI mod on. As soon as I get it back I will post it.

Edited by groundtrooper
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just picked up an early model with the expansion port on eBay today, the SN is AT8450797.

Congrats on your pickup and welcome to the Expansion Interface Brotherhood. :)

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/177987-7800-serial-number-list-updated-03062016/?p=3491492

Just picked up an early model with the expansion port on eBay today, the SN is AT8450797.

Got it in today, it's definitely higher quality than the later models. One other thing I noticed is that the RIOT chip was replaced at some point, all the other chips have 1983/1984 datecodes but the RIOT has a 1986 datecode. There's no other indications that this was ever serviced.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Picked up a second 7800 lately - it's gotta busted bottom case so the price was fantastic. No expansion port opening on the case, but when I opened it up for cleaning, it DOES have the Expansion Interface. Go figure.

post-30400-0-55536800-1495401935_thumb.jpg

post-30400-0-94306200-1495401956_thumb.jpg

The bottom of the board indicates it's a Rev A board, but the part number has suffix "-002" appended. My AT-84 board has a noticeably different layout of the support logic and has the suffix "-001" appended to the board part number.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Here's mine, picked up about a month ago case is in great shape. Power button is temperamental. i picked up replacement switches, just need to learn how to Solder

post-57179-0-26519900-1496799000_thumb.jpg

P.S. I noticed some of you guys were talking about Expansion Port. what was that used for? sorry im very new to the 7800

The expansion port was going to hook up to a laser disc player.

So now you need to track down that expansion cable and the super rare AT480 Laser Disc Player

Just kidding, ;) kind of. The plan was for a laser disc player, and keyboard and some other things. It was all scrapped. The cable and AT480. I made those up.

• Like 2

The expansion port was going to hook up to a laser disc player.

So now you need to track down that expansion cable and the super rare AT480 Laser Disc Player

Just kidding, ;) kind of. The plan was for a laser disc player, and keyboard and some other things. It was all scrapped. The cable and AT480. I made those up.

Pic of my 7800 with Expansion Port below. Sorry, can't provide a pic of that fancy Laser Disc Player. :-D

post-21941-0-59738500-1496850679.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It looks like he originally linked to a gallery and then later restricted permissions to the gallery.

I think the first one is A1 88 5425514 though the last 5 may be a 6, it is hard to tell.

The second one is X2 01 027306.

If you are getting ready to do an update then I guess I should dig up the rest of my 7800s and post the serials.

Mitch

It looks like he originally linked to a gallery and then later restricted permissions to the gallery.

I think the first one is A1 88 5425514 though the last 5 may be a 6, it is hard to tell.

The second one is X2 01 027306.

If you are getting ready to do an update then I guess I should dig up the rest of my 7800s and post the serials.

Mitch

I just read in another forum that Photobucket has now blocked all 3rd party viewing and that links that once worked fine, now show as broken. As a photobucket user this pisses me off a little bit. That might also be the issue in this case.