IGNORED

7800 Serial Number List

Crazymoon67

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Remind me to add my serial number.

BTW, wondering if it'd be worth it for people also to indicate whether their systems play some of the troublesome games -- Imagic, Supercharger, etc. so that maybe we can detect a pattern so that if someone decides to cross over into 7800land, they'll have an idea what what 2600 stuff it can run....

Mine sez:

72R4BR A3 5282493

Don't know if this makes a difference, but in the middle of that string is, angled and stamped in purple, "9B1"

No expansion port, no groove indicating a cut-out for the expansion port, nothin'....but so far it has played EVERYTHING thrown at it -- Imagic, SuperCharger, etc. :)

BTW, wondering if it'd be worth it for people also to indicate whether their systems play some of the troublesome games -- Imagic, Supercharger, etc. so that maybe we can detect a pattern so that if someone decides to cross over into 7800land, they'll have an idea what what 2600 stuff it can run....

The list is now updated with all the new info. Also, I did a big test of all my 7800 systems a while back. The link is http://www.atariage....__fromsearch__1. If you have a system that will play Time Pilot and Decathlon then the odds are high that it is one of the few truly 100% compatilbe systems.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Toymailman if you could share some info on what my serial # means it would be appreciated.

There is a whole for the expansion slot, but nothing solder to the mother board... just the hole in the case. Here is a pic of the serial # sticker.

post-23318-0-84769400-1337568365_thumb.jpg

Toymailman if you could share some info on what my serial # means it would be appreciated.

There is a whole for the expansion slot, but nothing solder to the mother board... just the hole in the case. Here is a pic of the serial # sticker.

From what I understand from the serial numbers is that the blue 78 indicates when it was made. The first number is the year (1987), and the second number is the month (8 = August). Yours was getting close to the end of the run with expansion ports and is why the case still has the hole. However, it is one of the first boards where it has actually been removed. You can see this based on how you show up in the serial number list.