IGNORED

7800 Serial Number List

Crazymoon67

Thanks for the reply.

This off topic, but kind of related. I have read that 2600 paddle controllers won't work with some 7800s. Could this be additional data that is added to you serial # list? Perhaps it could be determined which range of serial # either won't or unlikely to work with paddles. Mine does work with paddles ( played Kaboom! yesterday on it)

Thanks for the reply.

This off topic, but kind of related. I have read that 2600 paddle controllers won't work with some 7800s. Could this be additional data that is added to you serial # list? Perhaps it could be determined which range of serial # either won't or unlikely to work with paddles. Mine does work with paddles ( played Kaboom! yesterday on it)

Hmmm...I have never heard of this. If anyone has a 7800 that won't work with paddles post it. However, I wonder if this is just something gone awry internally.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you very much toymailman!

Sorry to make you lose one of your collection, but I hope you like the Phantom.

You're welcome! Also, this reminds me. I should go through what I still have as many of mine have been sold on eBay. I had aquired a bunch of them for compatibility testing and then sold off ones I did not want.

• 2 months later...

My second 7800!

Serial number: A3 84 5018408

Now this unit is a modded one! It has a new bright blue led, A/V, color/black switch where it had the channel selector, new bios without Atari logo and with Asteroids as a built-in game and its controllers came with ball knob. All these made by Yurkie :thumbsup:

Here's mine:

A1-86-5341227

Mine has the expansion interface on the board inside the unit, but no access to it from the outside shell.

Interesting. Must have been an old board as they were getting the new shells. :ponder:

You might have to make a correction to mine on the list. When I said it had the expansion interface on the board, I meant it had the pads, but not the connector. As I now understand it, that isn't all that unusual. :(

It does, however, have a cut-out on the RF shield for the connector, which may or may not be interesting.

• 6 months later...

I just picked up my first Atari 7800 two weeks ago at a used game store. I added a S-video/composite mod, and hard wired the console buttons to arcade buttons via cat5 cable. All mods made for the arcade are reversible. I also ordered a new brushed aluminum decal and DB-9 to replaced the damaged one. The 7800 now looks good as new. It took the place of an Atari Flashback 2 with a harmony cart mod in my custom built arcade cabinet.

post-35412-0-54105000-1366575664_thumb.jpg

It has the Warner Communications Serial Number. Paddle games work. It lives in Vail, AZ.

post-35412-0-70895100-1366575764_thumb.jpg

The Atari 7800 Arcade Cabinet is a WIP. I'm designing the Marque, side graphics and monitor/control graphics. I'm exciter to get the xm and Harmony 2 cart in this cabinet. :)

Edited by Sector7e
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...