IGNORED

7800 Serial Number List

Crazymoon67

3 hours ago, kheller2 said:

Actually, if we go by what we believe are the date codes, 7C is December 1987.

There are units into late 1988, not to mention a few possible 89 and 90 units and whatever happened in China after that.

It said 17 which is July of 1991. The last month they made NTSC 7800s.

Mitch

• 1 month later...
On 3/3/2011 at 2:30 AM, bennybingo said:

Hello all! I am new to the forums, but a long time collector / player of all that is Atari. When I saw this post, I decided to check my serial numbers and came across an oddball. Help me out with this one:

post-29022-129913758811_thumb.png

Just checked mine and it’s quite similar: X019142 made in China. Are these considered good or bad?

Edited by mario64

On 6/10/2020 at 10:29 PM, mario64 said:

Just checked mine and it’s quite similar: X019142 made in China. Are these considered good or bad?

X production run consoles are considered the final production run(s). They typically have the tightest cartridge slot and are thus the least compatible with certain third-party Atari 2600 games. Beyond that, it should function as expected. The good news is, @ChrisKewl's Lock-On 2600 cart will take care of those incompatibilities! My 7800 is of the X variety and I love it, especially with the Lock-On Cart. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/14/2020 at 8:29 PM, Jaden (JRH) said:

That's cool. Glad to see you're still around. Maybe I'll update the list myself later.

I have entered all the serials up to a certain date this year (I will have to check my notes) and have them in a spreadsheet.  I was planning on putting them up on something like google docs, which I do for the Atari 1200XL serial tracker list.  If you wish to take over full time of list updates, I can easily send you my worksheets  Otherwise, when I get a few minutes of time, I will put them online for everyone to see.

3 hours ago, kheller2 said:

I have entered all the serials up to a certain date this year (I will have to check my notes) and have them in a spreadsheet.  I was planning on putting them up on something like google docs, which I do for the Atari 1200XL serial tracker list.  If you wish to take over full time of list updates, I can easily send you my worksheets  Otherwise, when I get a few minutes of time, I will put them online for everyone to see.

I personally like that this list has been going strong for 10 years, I say we keep the thread and give it to someone else to update. @Albert, is that an issue?

10 hours ago, kheller2 said:

A Google Doc would probably be best, as it would be easiest to share with others. And yeah, I could take care of updating the list, if you're okay with that.

On 6/15/2020 at 10:08 AM, sixersfan105 said:

X production run consoles are considered the final production run(s). They typically have the tightest cartridge slot and are thus the least compatible with certain third-party Atari 2600 games. Beyond that, it should function as expected. The good news is, @ChrisKewl's Lock-On 2600 cart will take care of those incompatibilities! My 7800 is of the X variety and I love it, especially with the Lock-On Cart. 

Thank you

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just received the pictured 7800 from an eBay purchase. It does not have the expansion port, and is currently NOT A/V-modded, although I plan to have that done.

Serial #: 72R4BR

A1 7C 5026112

Glad to add it to the list!

0A89ADB7-0A13-4420-9D00-253DDCDFF973.jpeg

Edited by electronicsibley
Adding serial number

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/15/2020 at 2:51 AM, ApolloBoy said:

Just wanted to give an update that my 1984 unit on the list (AT8450797) has since been modded with the UAV S-video mod.

Did you do the mod yourself? Edit: Just checked the thread, it seems a super easy mod to do!

Edited by Rhomaios

2 hours ago, Rhomaios said:

Did you do the mod yourself? Edit: Just checked the thread, it seems a super easy mod to do!

Yes, I did it myself. With mine, I removed the RF modulator and soldered a PCB mount S-video jack onto the ground plane underneath where the modulator was. This way I didn't have to add any new holes and it looks nicer this way. I did drill a hole for the audio output which is through a 3.5 mm jack.