IGNORED

7800 Serial Number List

Crazymoon67

16 minutes ago, BIGHMW said:

Here's mine! What date was it from???

Check the first post in the thread to get an idea of where it falls in terms of the production range.  Nailing it down to an actual production date isn't really possible, though, but there is speculation that the two digits in stamped in blue ink represent the year and month of manufacture.  If that's correct (and it's currently unknown if it is or not), that would mean yours was manufactured in June of 1988.

Does yours have the expansion port?

Edited by x=usr(1536)

39 minutes ago, ApolloBoy said:

Yes, I did it myself. With mine, I removed the RF modulator and soldered a PCB mount S-video jack onto the ground plane underneath where the modulator was. This way I didn't have to add any new holes and it looks nicer this way. I did drill a hole for the audio output which is through a 3.5 mm jack.

Mine was modded by Best Electronics years ago, but the S-video no longer works. No idea if you or anyone could answer this, but do you think it'd be viable and fairly straightforward to swap out the older mod for the newer? Luckily I won't need to drill.

3 hours ago, x=usr(1536) said:

Have we had confirmation that the stamped numbers in blue are the date code?  It would make sense that they are, but AFAIK it hasn't been confirmed yet.

Yes, it was confirmed quite some time ago.

Mitch

• 1 month later...
On 6/14/2020 at 6:56 PM, toymailman said:

I am still around!  ?

Apologies for not being in the forums much anymore.  Life has given me new priorities and keeping this list up to date has obviously fallen by the wayside.

I support it being picked up by someone who has the time!  Good stuff. :thumbsup:

@Rick Dangerous see the above on Page 15 from last year. He gave the green light for someone to take over management of this list. It's all yours!

• Like 1

On 8/19/2020 at 4:46 PM, electronicsibley said:

I just received the pictured 7800 from an eBay purchase. It does not have the expansion port, and is currently NOT A/V-modded, although I plan to have that done.

Serial #: 72R4BR

A1 7C 5026112

Glad to add it to the list!

0A89ADB7-0A13-4420-9D00-253DDCDFF973.jpeg

Just resurfacing my 7800 from the thread to add to the list. It’s still unmodded, and FWIW it’s from a run of 7800s that have issues with cartridge-fit (*even 7800 carts*). I’d love to eventually isolate serial numbers where others can expect to find this problem, assuming it’s no already common knowledge. 

Oh, and any help is needed maintaining the list, I can pitch in, or even take the lead as well!

9 hours ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

Here's my (S-Video UAV Modded) 7800, A3 85 5071641. I've also posted a photos of all the chips on the board here.

Yours and mine appear to have been made within shouting distance of each other - I have A3 85 5081592.

Kinda wondering how many were rolling off the line each week at this point.

5 hours ago, x=usr(1536) said:

Yours and mine appear to have been made within shouting distance of each other - I have A3 85 5081592.

Kinda wondering how many were rolling off the line each week at this point.

Oh wow, very cool. I would be interesting to know manufacturing dates of all of these consoles. Building out the list will help if there's any documentation that shows up in the future.

- James

On 1/20/2021 at 10:26 AM, Rick Dangerous said:

Great!  Is there a moderator that can give me access to edit the first post in this thread, or put it in my name?  

Trying to keep this thread going and not start a new one if i can avoid it. 

PM me if you really want to maintain the list.  A few months back I put most of this thread’s serials into a spreadsheet thinking I would have time to continue it.  Otherwise I can open it up on google sheets or something the same way I track 1200XLs.   

• 2 months later...

Here's one I got today. ? 

It's my first 7800, though I do have a 2600 jr already. With the owners manual in Norwegian it seems to be one that was actually sold here, at least. So that's pretty cool!

It also has the original box. 

Serial: X1094 003244

photo_2021-03-27_21-14-44.jpg

photo_2021-03-27_21-14-44 (2).jpg

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi!  I've been visiting these forums a lot recently without ever making an account, I finally caved in  :D

I have two 7800s

A1 76 5882556 (shell is badly damaged, has expansion interface) I won on a shopgoodwill auction

and

A1 84 5120307 (no expansion interface) I picked up on ebay

I am convinced our family console is still in my possession, but have not seen it for many years and am worried it got lost in a move.  I don't recall when we got it, I think around 1987, if it resurfaces I will post the SN here.

Take care, 

Dave

• Like 2